VN - Ren'Py - Kingdom cum Deliverance [v0.1] [Mr.X]

1. 4.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for v0.1

Jokes about the game name aside, this was a decent enough start that I'd come back to try it out again in the future. However I also think this is way too early to give any sort of in-depth review or truly recommend it, so take this with a grain of salt.

For the knowers, the easiest comparison for me to make is that this game is almost like a medieval Solo Leveling. People awaken as "hunters", have rankings based on their power (F rank to S rank), have special skills and classes, and a "system" that displays their stats and stuff. Of course the system can't recognize the MC because he's some sort of special anomaly.

While the writing hasn't been very deep or intricate so far, it has enough personality to it to stop it from feeling dull. It blends a lot of humor into things, but not in a way that feels too overdone. Hard to tell where the actual story is going and there's not much to go on as far as characters and love interests yet.

As for feedback: The UI isn't great, the game could use some fitting music as well as sound effects, and there's some grammar issues to get the basics out of the way. I'm going to ignore the opening dream scene, but the first real sex scene was nowhere near intimate enough for a seemingly long awaited reunion with our girlfriend(?) imo. That whole ending montage thing was a little weird honestly, not sure what the deal was with that.

Again a case of it being too early to say anything concrete about the game, but maybe it'll turn into something fun down the road. Hope to see it get there. I'd say wait for more content before playing, but this was interesting enough so far.