TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
It's part of the devs grand vision to groom Sabia into a stronk womyn whomst'd doesn't need no man, or so I've heard.
Ye archewyves, stondeth at defense,
Syn ye be strong as is a greet camaille;
Ne suffreth nat that men yow doon offense.
And sklendre wyves, fieble as in bataille,
Beth egre as is a tygre yond in Ynde;
Ay clappeth as a mille, I yow consaille.

Ne dreed hem nat; doth hem no reverence,
For though thyn housbonde armed be in maille,
The arwes of thy crabbed eloquence
Shal perce his brest and eek his aventaille.
In jalousie I rede eek thou hym bynde,
And thou shalt make hym couche as doth a quaille.

You arch-wives, stand ready for battle,
Since you are strong as is a great camel;
Suffer not that men do offense to you.
And slender wives, feeble in battle,
Be fierce as is a tiger yonder in India;
Ever wag your tongues like a windmill, I you advise.

Fear them not; do them no reverence,
For though thy husband be armed in mail,
The arrows of thy spiteful eloquence
Shall pierce his breast and also his neck-guard.
In jealousy I advise also that thou bind him,
And thou shalt make him cower as does a quail.

-Geoffrey Chaucer-

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
Ye archewyves, stondeth at defense,
Syn ye be strong as is a greet camaille;
Ne suffreth nat that men yow doon offense.
And sklendre wyves, fieble as in bataille,
Beth egre as is a tygre yond in Ynde;
Ay clappeth as a mille, I yow consaille.

Ne dreed hem nat; doth hem no reverence,
For though thyn housbonde armed be in maille,
The arwes of thy crabbed eloquence
Shal perce his brest and eek his aventaille.
In jalousie I rede eek thou hym bynde,
And thou shalt make hym couche as doth a quaille.

You arch-wives, stand ready for battle,
Since you are strong as is a great camel;
Suffer not that men do offense to you.
And slender wives, feeble in battle,
Be fierce as is a tiger yonder in India;
Ever wag your tongues like a windmill, I you advise.

Fear them not; do them no reverence,
For though thy husband be armed in mail,
The arrows of thy spiteful eloquence
Shall pierce his breast and also his neck-guard.
In jealousy I advise also that thou bind him,
And thou shalt make him cower as does a quail.

-Geoffrey Chaucer-
I mean no offense, but in the eyes of a non native English speaker as myself ancient English sure looks like ass.
Well, I guess Englishmen could say the same for all the "vulgar" languages that succeeded Latin and preceded Italian.

TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
I mean no offense, but in the eyes of a non native English speaker as myself ancient English sure looks like ass.
Well, I guess Englishmen could say the same for all the "vulgar" languages that succeeded Latin and preceded Italian.
Middle English is better said aloud then read, In my opinion. Once it is read aloud and properly, you notice that it is very, very different from how we speak English today.

Here is a good audio example.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

At the very least, Cunt still sounds the same. :LOL:

Queynte = Cunt

The word Quaint possibly stems from this word also.

(I'm an Australian, and this is a very important word over here)

Reactions: numanumani

Moreslaw

Sep 21, 2018
Well, I didn't want to take part in that conversation about "author's productivity" but there are obviously some issues.
Either there gonna be some huge update on KoD progress soon(and I mean huge), or authors simply drain cash from people for doing nothing or close to nothing. I know, someone could say "try to make game by yourself, it's not easy". Yeah, it is easy, especially when you have over a year of experience and basically you use the same schemes for pretty much all future content ;) I'm not a patreon so I have no right really to complain, but if I were one I would alot because this is making 5k$/month for nothing.
Btw. those patreon only scenes ? All exactly the same pattern as in regular ones, only with just some alterations. Not really what I would expect to be made specially for someone who is paying you for doing it ;)
Cheers

Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018
Well, I didn't want to take part in that conversation about "author's productivity" but there are obviously some issues.
Either there gonna be some huge update on KoD progress soon(and I mean huge), or authors simply drain cash from people for doing nothing or close to nothing. I know, someone could say "try to make game by yourself, it's not easy". Yeah, it is easy, especially when you have over a year of experience and basically you use the same schemes for pretty much all future content ;) I'm not a patreon so I have no right really to complain, but if I were one I would alot because this is making 5k$/month for nothing.
Btw. those patreon only scenes ? All exactly the same pattern as in regular ones, only with just some alterations. Not really what I would expect to be made specially for someone who is paying you for doing it ;)
Cheers
I don't support anyone on Patreon, mainly because I can't even justify subscribing to an MMO anymore. Paying monthly for any game just doesn't seem like a good way to spend money for me right now.

That said I don't begrudge the creators that have managed to make a living from Patreon. They obviously delivered something worth paying for at some point. If it's not at a pace you like then you have the best way of being heard ever, stop paying them.

Even then I don't feel anybody has the right to complain about however many hundreds of dollars a creator is earning. You can complain that your own subscription is being wasted, but ultimately that's on you for not canceling it. Either way no amount of money entitles us to a creator working harder or somesuch.

If you're not happy, unsub. If you didn't sub in the first place, then what did you really expect from your free game?

Moreslaw

Sep 21, 2018
I don't support anyone on Patreon, mainly because I can't even justify subscribing to an MMO anymore. Paying monthly for any game just doesn't seem like a good way to spend money for me right now.

That said I don't begrudge the creators that have managed to make a living from Patreon. They obviously delivered something worth paying for at some point. If it's not at a pace you like then you have the best way of being heard ever, stop paying them.

Even then I don't feel anybody has the right to complain about however many hundreds of dollars a creator is earning. You can complain that your own subscription is being wasted, but ultimately that's on you for not canceling it. Either way no amount of money entitles us to a creator working harder or somesuch.

If you're not happy, unsub. If you didn't sub in the first place, then what did you really expect from your free game?
I also don't begrudge makers of game in the subject. I'm not patreon and I'm not that eager, just pointed out some things that imo are worth pointing. However, we are currently at 0.6.4 version of the game. It is not done yet. People are not rewarding creators for making 0.6.4 version. They are paying them for finishing their product(which is really good so far). I don't know exactly how patreon works so I may be wrong about that bit, but I think you agree that people who pay you for something you do at the moment gonna have some expectations about final product.That's rather reasonable. Check Star Citizen for example. Situation here is very similar, except I don't think there are any law binding rules about creators, so yea, they can simply stop doing something or do something upside down. But that doesn't change the fact that people gonna have expectations based on their current experience.

Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018
I also don't begrudge makers of game in the subject. I'm not patreon and I'm not that eager, just pointed out some things that imo are worth pointing. However, we are currently at 0.6.4 version of the game. It is not done yet. People are not rewarding creators for making 0.6.4 version. They are paying them for finishing their product(which is really good so far). I don't know exactly how patreon works so I may be wrong about that bit, but I think you agree that people who pay you for something you do at the moment gonna have some expectations about final product.That's rather reasonable. Check Star Citizen for example. Situation here is very similar, except I don't think there are any law binding rules about creators, so yea, they can simply stop doing something or do something upside down. But that doesn't change the fact that people gonna have expectations based on their current experience.
If the creator had posted any kind of timetable or committed to a release schedule then people would have something to be upset about. In this case though there's nothing like that.

Paying someone on Patreon only entitles people to what the creator promises. Regular updates or finishing the game in a timely manner are not on that list. Just because most Patreon creators update monthly doesn't mean they all have to. Game is done when it's done. If that doesn't work for someone then they can come back later. There's plenty of other options in the meantime.

Reactions: Abibliboop

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
Middle English is better said aloud then read, In my opinion. Once it is read aloud and properly, you notice that it is very, very different from how we speak English today.

Here is a good audio example.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

At the very least, Cunt still sounds the same. :LOL:

Queynte = Cunt

The word Quaint possibly stems from this word also.

(I'm an Australian, and this is a very important word over here)
Yeah, Great Vowel Shift and all. I surely don't envy english speaking youth, for they must suffer through this fuckfest in their studies, lol.
Texts from the Italian peninsula after the fall of the Roman Empire and up to around the birth of Italy sure have strange spelling and odd usage of words, but at least they appear readable and with the same phonemes!
Although latin itself changed a lot in pronunciation during the Middle Ages, so maybe even those "vulgar" languages had different pronunciations that I'm not aware of. If you're interested in some amusing minor linguistic facts, I suggest you search up the differences between the ecclesiastic pronunciation of latin (which is become the "classical" one in italian schools because it's just how an italian would read a latin word) and the one scholars reconstructed as being spoken around the I BC or I AC (I never remember).

Reactions: TheSexinati

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
I'm currently writing a little script to ease the JDMOD installation, but I need the bonus art pack 5 to test it. Does anyone have it?

Viressa

May 24, 2018
I'm currently writing a little script to ease the JDMOD installation, but I need the bonus art pack 5 to test it. Does anyone have it?
a link to all the bonus packs in a single file.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes