RPGM - Kingdom: Wrath of the Dark Lady [v0.24.2] [NobleoneStudio]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Evangelion-01

Game version 0.22.5
    The game holds potential if only for the game mechanics and graphics.
    Sadly in it's current state it's not really makeing good on it.
    Normally I'd give this a 2,5-3 Star rateing but given that most of my iussues have been around for over a year I am less inclined to be generous.

Good:
    An excessive Levelling tree with abilities,
    crafting and resource gathering and the ability to build or repair structures around the world.
    An affection or submissively based character progression for NPCs
    Nice Graphics (AI-Shoujo I suppose)

Bad:
    The Dev is far to focused on his audience makeing bad choices, most content is about MC forceing himself on the girls or outright blackmail and rape them.
    The Good path has plenty of loose and dead ends which is not tying into a story well, while the Bad path is the way Players are supposed to go as it leads to the required locations and characters in order to progress the story.
    The Questlog is to vague in order to send Players from the Good path around.
    You need to get used on repeatedly running through 8-10 maps dureing a single Quest which are mostly derived of enemies or resources to gather since respawn time is unnatural or based on story progression.

If the Devs gets his stuff together and develope the game in both directions for Good and Bad path this game could be a gem in the rough, but in it's current state it's a rape simulator.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Not sure how people can play this, my game was extremly fucked up making its absolutly unplayable.

When i move around MC moves around with lightning speed same when fighting making it har to hit anything since monsters moves around just as fast.

Got to the point where you get trapped by elves and when i went outside its night time and screen is so dark that i couldent see a thing or where to move, and thats when i said fuck this and quit.

I dont even have auto dash or anything on so no clue wtf was going on with this game.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

ONYX1997

Ambitious, good animation, decent update speed. Could use better clarification of where content ends between updates. would love a time travel mechanic to allow you to try multiple paths as it feel like your choices lock you out of content (and I don't want to deal with the tedium of save management)
  4. 4.00 star(s)

MysticXcore

I must say, this game is quite impressive and has a lot of potential. It's evident that the low ratings could be attributed to the bugs in the previous versions, which might have caused frustration among players. However, it's clear that the developers have put a lot of love and effort into the game.

While the game is still a work in progress and has a long way to go in terms of development, there's a promising foundation. If you're into the themes and content tags featured in the game, chances are you'll find it enjoyable. The scenes are sensually crafted, adding a hot and engaging element to the overall experience.

Looking ahead, it's encouraging to hope that the developer continues to work hard on addressing bugs and expanding the game's content. This ongoing commitment will likely contribute to an even more satisfying and polished experience for players. Overall, it's exciting to see where the game goes from here, and I look forward to future updates that enhance both the gameplay and content.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

harem.king

v0.20.6

Annoying stamina system where you move super slowly unless you burn stamina which lasts for only 3 seconds before you are back to crawling slowly across the screen.
    This combines poorly with the sheer amount of walking you have to do.
    This game desperately needs a fast travel system.

The map is poorly done as it is too zoomed out, directions in quests are very unclear. "go to forest" or "go to waterfall" is completely useless as I don't know where those are. And it turns out there are multiple waterfalls and multiple forests so you have to slowly wander around until you find the correct one.

Questlog is in general useless. "Give juliet something for her kindness". What is something? where do I find it? no fucking clue. just walking simulator around town until you randomly find the answer.
    This game desperately needs a walkthrough. Which is double bad. First it is bad that the game is walkthrough dependent. Then it is bad that the walkthrough it depends on does not exist.

The controls are very clunky. And the GUI is poorly handled.
    You cannot click on any of its elements, instead you need to access them via keyboard binding and the settings for that are poorly designed.

Art is good. The sex animations are especially good. Albeit occasionally laggy.
    I am very impressed with how good penetration animation looks with holes stretching and contracting without clipping. Well done there dev.
    Story is ok.

Overall this has potential but needs some technical work.
    Fast travel, mouse clickable GUI buttons on screen, finish the girl relationship page (it is currently mostly WIP), better quest log and a quality walkthrough written by dev, option to rename the MC, etc.

There are also some bugs. I am told the game used to be much much worse and dev improved it a lot... but there is still a lot of work left to do.
    2.5 and I am rounding up to 3 to be nice.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Captain Nyx Enjoyer

I played this game in the past and really liked it, i came back now and i see a lot of things changed (mainly in the map and mechanics, some elements from the previous versions dissapeared i think) , the plot is still basically the same but with some small changes, it don't have a LOT of content right now but i like what we have, i can see what the developer is trying to achieve, beautiful characters, nice story, our choices have an influence on the world and its characters (i really like this we can be: evil. neutral or good), sure this game has bugs like many others, some are gamebreaking like black screens and others are just annoying but im happy that the dev is working on solving this and and delivering new updates consistently, i believe in some time we'll have a good and solid game, good luck Dev!
  7. 4.00 star(s)

lhucio

THIS GAME IS GOOD!

I imagine that the low ratings of the game come because the previous versions would have too many bugs and people would get frustrated.

Having said that, the game still has a long way to go, but you can tell it has love behind it.

If you like the tags in the game, you'll probably like it. The scenes are pretty hot

Let's hope the developer keeps working hard to fix the bugs and increase the content.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Keizo

great game, but just the bug hold it back. the game really underrated many intresting in game like lockpicking system really good old version or new also good, ill just wait for the game really finish and play without bug in it. keep it work sir noblone.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

SoulsSurvivor

Absolutely awful game, I'd rather beat my meat with sandpaper than touch this fucking pile of shit again. I had played it when it went by a different title and while the combat and story beats are different the game is still clearly in the hands of an idiot so it doesn't feel different. Finally stopped after I beat a bullshit boss with cheese and got stuck and unable to move so I had to restart. Do not touch this.
    Edit: Been a few updates and the dev kindly asked me to try this game again with the new updates, and in these few months there have been a couple of improvements, and content updates. I still have a few issues and plenty still hold it back. For instance the upgrade to movement speed barely seems to change a thing so I would say add more tiers or make the single one increase speed more, same with stamina, it barely seems to increase so same as speed for upgrades. Harvesting plants gives you alchemy ingredients like bat fangs and other animal parts which is weird, but isn't a big deal though I couldn't figure out where I make alchemical solutions despite unlocking the skill, would recommend putting in the description what I need. I don't feel this is worth playing quiet yet but is now on it's way to being something I see myself actually enjoying in a couple updates, definitely when I can start fucking the stepmom. I'll update when there's major improvements or content updates that warrant it.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

DawnCry

Time for a fair review I would say, here I'm going to give my input over how the game works, the characters and the interactions:

-First of all let's talk about the gameplay: On this point there are positives and negatives, the positive being that the game truly gives a sense of "I worked on it", while not spectacular the fights it had felt at the very least different from usual rpg maker ones, the essence is there but it's always appreciated that a developer takes some time to give a more individual feeling.

It also has a skill tree and the ability to learn new stuff as we level up, related to this the main demerit I find is the way running works in this game, I think having the normal speed for walking/running of rpg maker would have worked better and just leaving skills related to running for how fast do you recover your stamina (perhaps even at max eliminating said stamina bar)

-Related to the writing here I have quite an issue, mainly because it doesn't make sense to even consider the neutral/ally with orcs options at the start, you have people you care about in the village even if your family and the nobles are very shitty and there is no reason to ally with the orcs when they are directly attacking/kidnapping/stealing the place you live with.

It's cool trying to add options but rather in this case related to the kidnapping it would have been more eficient if you could FAIL a mission and have some effects.

-Related to NTR at this point in the game there isn't anything, the tag is mainly to be safe rather than sorry, the MC doesn't lust/care about any character that is raped in the game at the current build at least, it's more in the lines of "stuff happens".

Even more while not all but most people do treat the MC as garbage so unless the MC is a softie (and I say it in a good sense, it's cool to sometimes play hero/forgiving person) there is little reason to care about what happens to them.

However if at some point the relationship between the MC and some of the girls improve and there was a possibility for them to be seduced/kidnapped or whatever then the tag will end up being deserved.

-Related to the characters they are ok, nothing truly special but that's perfectly fine, overall we have quite a bit of girl's diversity and seducing them would be cool, one of my favourite tags when I read novels is "enemies become lovers", I always found it cool to change girls from being a bitch to being in love with you.

To end I would say the biggest issue and what made me put it at 3 stars is that the game tried to rush too much the story, one day you are humilliated by a noble snob in combat and 2 days later you are being a hero and defeating orcs who could destroy you in combat.

I just feel that if the game took a bit more time to let the MC interact with people in the village and do some other quests before the start and the orc attack the game would have been much better, but that's about it.

Hope that my review was useful.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

jipacawab

I originally gave this a one star rating, about a year ago, because it had many issue's with playability. I took far too long to do very little. Since then the developer has addressed most my concern's, and they sent a message asking if I would try it again. It's in a much better place. Props to them, listening to the critisism. Give's me some good expectations for how the game might progress.

It's not perfect, but it is a lot better. The overal quality feels quite high, with a nice UI. I found it reasonably fun for what was there, though a lot of the questlines are unfinished and don't go too deep.

There's a lot of running around the map, which is faster now, but it's still quite annoying if the quests are spaced out. The very start of the game is fine, but I was noticing this when I got further along. Some of the quests were lacking a bit much direction too, telling you find or fetch something that could be anywhere on the map. It was acceptable, but if the game keeps on like this I think it will really grind down on my patience to play it.

I'm not a fan of the combat. It's a bit fast and finickey for RPG maker IMO, but that's a preference thing. One of the quests involved hunting ten animals which take multiple hits to kill and race away from the map from you, that was kind of annoying and maybe needs an update.

I'm looking to play it when there's more to play, but I don't think there's enough right now to warrant a playthrough unless you're feeling particuarly keen.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

unknow38

Version 0.9.0
    Cannot get past day 2, after watch thief boob and it is tutorial day. Apparently, it is a common trend in this game for people to be stuck at specific time in previous version too if you search thread about "sleep", "stuck" or "bug".

There is no way to skip or wait for time so just stuck with nothing to do, 1gb of stuck in day 2 with 2 quest home sweet home and finding necklace.

I cannot recommend a game that fail to implement a simple mechanic that is literally basic of any other RPGM game. It does not matter if game has potential, the dev won't ever realize whatever potential that you are seeing.
  13. 2.00 star(s)

Cyberjacky

Pros:
    -The concept is really nice.
    -The routes and choices make the game really enjoyable.

Cons:
    -The lock puzzle sucks.
    -Animation loading is slow as hell.
    -To get one single new scene you need to wait a whole day, and then repeat all the old scenes which each will take at least 10-30 s just to load.

Expectation:
    - Rework on Lock puzzle
    - Animation Loading optimization and a whole come back tomorrow for another line type mechanism removed
    - More frequent updates.

Update:
    -Almost every release is a rework, so you're forced to replay from the start (there is some new content but it's not managed in a way that promotes using old save). So, I'd say to wait for this game for a long time.
  14. 1.00 star(s)

nb8

at first glance this is a well-designed game, cute characters with descriptions, well-designed inventory
    but after playing for 15 minutes, you will stumble upon a "training" for lockpicking, which is completely broken and not passable
    this is a big disappointment for me, I wanted to play this game
    the author does not fix bugs in the game at all if for a year and a half he has not done anything with this bug, which is written about on the first pages of the discussion
  15. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 4819734

Editing my previous review as it was a little harsh. I ran into some bugs where i could not continue. Was enjoying game until that point. It came to down to not being able to advance at all. I tried everywhere but was just stuck in this limbo. Take alot of saves.
  16. 2.00 star(s)

watchinglolis

Quest descriptions are vague and nondescript. Lock picking system is an abomination. Would have made more sense if it was to simply slide the tumblers to the correct depths and then attempt to turn with a bound key. Racing the tumblers falling with the slow movement of the ball is near impossible so the quest can't complete. That is of course assuming that I've followed the non-existent instructions of the tutorial correctly... This could have been a good retro style RPG but it unfortunately is not.
  17. 3.00 star(s)

natsu36

this game is very under rated yes its not perfect. there is an error in the start of the game just dont save right there once you complete the quest save error never even shows up. STM people are crying about just find the horse i gave detailed info on the horse in comments. could use a guild would help out alot. but i love the art and the story u can chose what path you want to take there was alot of work put into this game and it shows

replayed this I am so damn lost its crazy. going down 2 stars games should get better over time. not worse
  18. 2.00 star(s)

Wolfbeckett

Okay I've played this for a couple of hours now and I think that's plenty for me, thanks.

The good: the girls are pretty unique and good looking. Character design overall is solid and aesthetically pleasing. These are girls I want to see get naked.

The bad: basically everything else. Much has already been said about the movement speed so I don't need to retread that ground too much but I would like to point out that almost everyone in the thread has complained about this literally since the game was released and the dev has done nothing to address it, so it seems player feedback is not important to him at all. It has no effect on combat so the only purpose to having the slow movement speed is to artificially inflate the game length while pissing players off. "But there are skills in the tree to resolve this!" And why should I spend my skill points on that instead of stuff that actually increases my character's effectiveness? It's a total waste, instead of using those points to make your character better you're using them to make the game baseline playable. No thanks.

Another annoyance for me is how many NPCs are walking around that you can't talk to at all. There's no way to know who will have something important to say and who you can't even interact with until you slowly lurch across the map, push z on them, and nothing happens. I don't think it would kill the dev to write some little generic lines to give the NPCs just like every other damn RPG on the planet.

The final thing I want to mention is that the dev needs to get some more original ideas. The game right from the front hits you in the face with Game of Thrones references, even the evil queen is obviously NotDaenerys plus a character named Eddard (by the way, the part where you first see him: why the FUCK do we have to wait a full minute for him to slowly crawl across the screen before we can move again?) and "winter is coming" and others. He also lifts liberally from The Witcher including copying elven language words wholesale from it. It's fine to be influenced by these stories but you can do better than straight copying. Unless you're making a comedic parody, which this dev is not, this many references crosses the line from "homage" to "straight up plagiarism".

I'm giving the game 2 stars instead of 1 cause the girls are attractive but everything else from gameplay design to writing needs serious work.
  19. 1.00 star(s)

Aldnon

After at least 2 hours playing this game I can tell this game is a disaster. There are too many things to note but I will list few things.

1. The walking speed will deter anyone who only want to play the game to actually enjoy the content, what's the point making somebody walk all over the map to finish quest while you are also punishing him with slow walking speed, it doesn't make any sense, any feeling of expectation might died off by the time you reach the area because you need full half an hour to reach the designated area to do your quest and actually enjoy the content.

2. The lockpicking game is absolutely stupid, because it actually really depend on how good your computer are at processing command, not to mention the pin drop is actually controlled by RNG, imagine a player got all 4 pin that drop in 1-2 second, no human can process this, because moving the ball from pin section 1 to section 4 need at least 3 second, and another second to tap the pin. So you actually need 4 second to tap the 4th pin and we are talking about ideal condition, imagine you also need to tap 3rd and 4th pin at almost the same time, and your time is only 2 second to do it. How does this minigame make any sense at all?

3. The game is way too grindy for a content that actually not that much. Despite the grandiose opening, the content is not that much despite it's already version 0.5, the grind element is already there, the content still not there.

4. The game is way too buggy thanks to spaghetii way of putting of event map, why would you want minigame also included in a story event map, RPGMaker is the worst engine for this, this is why despite image already exist in the folder, the game will always have chance to fail to load the image thanks to the placing of minigame in same 1 event map, your computer just fail to tell your game to load it just because pure chance of misdetection. Do you know what makes your expensive $10000 PC play this game at 4FPS? Yes it is exactly this problem, your PC keep sending order to RPGM to load it, then RPGM fail to load and report back to your computer and your computer redo it over and over again until it succeed, and when it fails you will get error messages. It is soooo sooooo stupid...
  20. 1.00 star(s)

Elbo

Review of version 0.5.0
    Truly awful. I think this game was designed to troll the player. Quests tell you where to go but there is no map and no signs to tell where that is. Also you walk at a crawl so when you do end up walking miles off course (because there is no way to know which way is the right way) it takes ages to get back. Transitions and dialogue scenes will end and the character you were talking to walks slowly off screen, so you have to wait for that too (sometimes a number of people but no they won't walk at the same time). Did I mention the opening cutscene voiced by text to speech that seems to go for an eternity? After it ends and the game starts, you get to move your character for a couple of seconds before another long ass boring cutscene starts? Yeah this is a troll game.

Edit: I forgot to mention it is buggy as hell.