Cyberweasel89

Jun 19, 2019
is king exit a japanese or a chinese game?
It was made entirely by a single Japanese doujinshi artist/writer.

It was then picked up by a bad Chinese company who gave it cheap "raw MTL"-tier "translation" and shoved it onto Steam for a quick cash grab.

Erxkum

Oct 10, 2021
It was made entirely by a single Japanese doujinshi artist/writer.

It was then picked up by a bad Chinese company who gave it cheap "raw MTL"-tier "translation" and shoved it onto Steam for a quick cash grab.
Which is a shame because I played a little bit and it feels like it would be a great game if it wasn't the awful translation. I bet you would have a better time with it if you just play the Japanese version... Yes, that's how bad the MTL is.

I wonder if anyone picked up this game for translation...

dkplee

Mar 1, 2021
Which is a shame because I played a little bit and it feels like it would be a great game if it wasn't the awful translation. I bet you would have a better time with it if you just play the Japanese version... Yes, that's how bad the MTL is.

I wonder if anyone picked up this game for translation...
The creator put out a request looking for collaborators/assistants and one of them was a translator for a proper English translation of Kings Exit. I don't know if anyone's applied though.

Nagwi-Nma

Sep 11, 2021
The creator put out a request looking for collaborators/assistants and one of them was a translator for a proper English translation of Kings Exit. I don't know if anyone's applied though.

Anyone knows if this project is in a good way?

tomoshi2

May 31, 2019
Sorry, but I do not understand: does this game have mosaic? Because it shows that an uncensor patch exists, but I don't know if it is used only to enable h-content
Edit: I noticed that the patch just enables h-content, but it is censored. I don't particularly like the artstyle either, so definitely not worth my time.

Last edited:

dkplee

Mar 1, 2021
Unfortunately, yes. There is one answer that tells us about a project to do a new English traduction, but... I don't know if the project will be finished soon or not.
There's been a few updates from the author on their blog since then. It's still a long ways away for English (I don't think English translation has even started) but if you look on the author's blog there's been steady progress in terms of the translation plugin/script and the CN translation just started I think.

Latest update is on this post:

Reactions: James Eveleth

ControlAni

Jul 17, 2018
Just saw that Kagura Games is releasing the prequel to this game so I came here to take a look and it's MTL. Fuck... Maybe I'll try it anyway, since I hear it's actually a pretty good game (a "masterpiece", but I'm going to assume that's hyperbole).

May 3, 2022
I hope they re add them in the future
I don't know the details but I played several of those titles, the company that lost the rights did terrible MTLs. My hope is tht someone qualified will pick them up, particularly King Exit which is a quality game otherwise. Since Kagura Games has just released the prequel to King Exit (Demons Roots) our best hope is that KG picks King Exit up sometime in the near future. Doesn't seem particularly likely though.

May 3, 2022
Really depends on how much you hate bad MTLs. Game is still good but this one might drive you up a wall if you don't have the patience for it. Your alternatives are to buy it untranslated if you know at least some Japanese, or wait a long time until they get it properly translated.

Ooh I was just checking out Quick Nail Aristocrat's latest blog on release of Demon Roots. She met with the head of KG, confirmed that a translation script for King's Exit is completed pending testing (the first translation is into simplified Chinese, but it paves the way for other languages to follow once they find someone to hire). Also she confirmed that Another Story (Dev for Fallen Makina) was present in or around the meeting with KG. Been waiting a long time to hear more news from that dev. Promising stuff anyhow.

Last edited:

YukiAizawa

Sep 17, 2017
So apparently Demon Roots

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But I thought that was exteremly cool for what they did. Although I haven't finished the game so I might be wrong but it doesn't seem like it maybe.

Finally beat Demon Roots and not going to reveal the ending but kings exit still happens. It's interesting they went that route. But now I want a kings exit good translation or edited translation.

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 12 Votes