finderie

Apr 5, 2020
It seems for me that new version (2.6.1d) is a lot slower to load areas than previous one (2.6.0). I have both versions, and 2.6.0 load areas almost instantly, no matter which area on map i choose, compared to 2.6.1d which takes like 3-5 seconds to load area (even if I'm teleporting to the same area i was in or I'm just leaving a shop). Both versions are on the same hard drive.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
It seems for me that new version (2.6.1d) is a lot slower to load areas than previous one (2.6.0). I have both versions, and 2.6.0 load areas almost instantly, no matter which area on map i choose, compared to 2.6.1d which takes like 3-5 seconds to load area (even if I'm teleporting to the same area i was in or I'm just leaving a shop). Both versions are on the same hard drive.
We changed how loading works based on what machine you were on due to how the new sound engine works. When baka comes online he can ask you some questions but maybe we can optimize it a little more to include your system for loading and such.

Reactions: finderie

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
finderie
it should be the reverse. I added new ways to load that should load faster.
what windows version u have? what sound-device u use? directsound or media foundation?
this is an updated .exe that fixes a bug. maybe it will help a bit?

finderie

Apr 5, 2020
finderie
it should be the reverse. I added new ways to load that should load faster.
what windows version u have? what sound-device u use? directsound or media foundation?
this is an updated .exe that fixes a bug. maybe it will help a bit?
This update didn't change loading speed. I'm on Windows 10, using NVIDIA HD audio, not sure which type it is, or if it counts as one of them.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
This update didn't change loading speed. I'm on Windows 10, using NVIDIA HD audio, not sure which type it is, or if it counts as one of them.
Press K or whatever key you have to open settings. On the left side it should say Media Foundation or Directsound

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
what happens if u change do directsound8? u notice any differences? (check settings)

finderie

Apr 5, 2020
Press K or whatever key you have to open settings. On the left side it should say Media Foundation or Directsound
Ohh, those settings, I was using media foundation, changing to directsound didn't increase loading speed, only made sound quieter.

finderie

Apr 5, 2020
I also have a problem with Renka questline, mission End of the Road, defeated her twice in Armor Pig Land and she isn't spawning in this zone, yet she didn't appear in Perion and quest is still Not available.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
it seems that in windows 10+ it takes more time to communicate between the different threads.
in windows 7 its quite fast. I will see if I can replace the communication with something else.
will take some time to do.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I finally decided to give this a go, but am trying to equip items from the inventory with no luck. It seems to be drag and drop, but when I do that, nothing seems to happen. Am I missing something obvious here or is this just a really bad design?

quit_warawara

May 25, 2018
how much beast content does this game have, I've been grinding for 2 hours now and I'm still stuck in the first island because of the really low rng on some of the quest items

I kinda don't wanna spend 8+ hours on the game and then finding out there's only 1 or 2 beast scenes

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I finally decided to give this a go, but am trying to equip items from the inventory with no luck. It seems to be drag and drop, but when I do that, nothing seems to happen. Am I missing something obvious here or is this just a really bad design?
omg... it's bad design. You have to drag to the lower corner of the slot. The entire slot isn't interactable. :HideThePain:

finderie

Apr 5, 2020
how much beast content does this game have, I've been grinding for 2 hours now and I'm still stuck in the first island because of the really low rng on some of the quest items

I kinda don't wanna spend 8+ hours on the game and then finding out there's only 1 or 2 beast scenes
This game isn't something you can finish in couple hours, Forbidden card content is fairly new, so it might take a while for more scenes to appear ( there are at least 2, haven't touched beast content so don't know if there is more), also you need to advance pretty far into the story, before you get access to those scenes, so it might 4 - 10 hours at least.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
Image1.png
how u fail to understand this is another topic.
but of course its your hand that u need to use. the same with everything else.
the weapon/item under it is to show what u are moving.
also u can use the "transferkey" so u don't need to drag and drop.
if u think its "bad design" its on you. show your own limitation of understanding.
its a OMG if I would instead follow the weapon. I would say. who is the idiot that created this game.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
Image2.png

also, as u see. when u grab the item it moves under the hand. and the hand is now "holding"
and when u place, the hand "opens". how the gods u fail to see this is unbeliable.
what I can feel is just a person that enjoy finding something to complain.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
I also have a problem with Renka questline, mission End of the Road, defeated her twice in Armor Pig Land and she isn't spawning in this zone, yet she didn't appear in Perion and quest is still Not available.
So I forgot to include it but you also need a certain Skill as well. Continue with the Perion Chapter until you unlock Knight's Fury. Renka will appear then. I'll make sure to edit the Tracker so it's clearer as well.

There's 5 scenes right now and 2 on the way. You unlock them in The Kerning City Story Chapter which is about 4 Chapters after the opening Island.

If you're having a bit of a harder start, I'll look into adding a few more exp missions to help you leave far quicker.

Lazarus Darhk

Dec 17, 2017
Need some help with actually getting the game started. So I downloaded the game, got past the AV, installed the Webp Codec thing, and when I try to run the executable, I keep getting this error:

image_2023-06-08_200733054.png

I was getting the error before running the setup so I thought that'd be the reason, but nope. Still there.

3.40 star(s) 27 Votes