Joker Jack

Aug 9, 2022
Finally downloaded this, played a little and just decided nah, not my cup of tea, but instead of downright just deleting I'll play it more and get deeper into the story maybe I'll change my mind, btw i like how the game gives you the option to do this the easy way or hard way, for someone like me who doesn't have the time to grind hours for equipment and scenes this was a nice addition.

• Red Heart
Reactions: HaseoOfDeath

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
yeah, this game require some gameplay. like a rpg-game.
when I started this project it was just "for fun" I didnt plan to make it into anything like this.
but when we discarded our main project we decided to use maple.x. it was messy and it took time to make it right.
now I think we are in a good place, the engine is good enough and theres plenty of content.
still the main purpose of maple.x was to create a "pre-bbb" maplestory experience.
that part is not appreciated by many people since it require u to kill monsters and find stuff.

we have done as much possible to make it easier for u. with badges (to skip chapters)
to stamps (to get to the "love/corr" decision for that character), as well as leveling coins, special shops that sell u "ingredient" for the quests. and tons of other stuff.
we also adjust missions when we get feedback if its too hard to complete. we don't want u to feel frustrated.
we fix bugs when needed as well. the last one about a member telling it took too much time getting an item and I discovered that a property was set to "next" and not "next+check". that resulted that the mission was never initialized and u dont get the mission-drop-bonus. when initialized it takes a few minutes to find, without it can take hours.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Finally downloaded this, played a little and just decided nah, not my cup of tea, but instead of downright just deleting I'll play it more and get deeper into the story maybe I'll change my mind, btw i like how the game gives you the option to do this the easy way or hard way, for someone like me who doesn't have the time to grind hours for equipment and scenes this was a nice addition.
We've also included a way to instantly fill the Gallery 100% for those that only want the quick jerk. But yeah, the game has a lot of QOL to get you into the story as best it can

Elyngas

Sep 19, 2017
Hi, I'm back :p I have a question, if you'll indulge me :)
First, I just unlocked the Cutie Traitor/Friend system, and she told me
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, so I was wondering if it's something I need to look out for, to be careful about the Paths I choose, or if I'll get a warning about it beforehand, so that I can direct the characters on the Paths I prefer ?
Also, I don't know if it's a bug or wanted, but I noticed Wing's quest stayed in my Quest Log, despite the fact that I choose to not pursue this content due to it being Corruption Only, so I was wondering if it's deliberate for future content, or just a little bug.
With Rowen, I had the opposite thing, I could see her content without problem, but it doesn't appear in the Log, and the conversations with her don't have titles until you learn her name, which could be on purpose, but I thought I'd report it just in case :p
Finally, I again don't know if it's a bug, but you gained access to Perion very early in the game, through the Cane Mastery Quest, which teleported me there and since, I could travel there through fast travel or Scrolls, which contradict the Main Story progression, since if I understand correctly, I'm supposed to gain access to Perion only after the Ellinia Storyline is finished
That's all I have for the moment, I hope some of it was useful somehow :p
Thanks for everything and I'm looking forward to the update at the end of the week =D

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Hi, I'm back :p I have a question, if you'll indulge me :)
First, I just unlocked the Cutie Traitor/Friend system, and she told me
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, so I was wondering if it's something I need to look out for, to be careful about the Paths I choose, or if I'll get a warning about it beforehand, so that I can direct the characters on the Paths I prefer ?
Also, I don't know if it's a bug or wanted, but I noticed Wing's quest stayed in my Quest Log, despite the fact that I choose to not pursue this content due to it being Corruption Only, so I was wondering if it's deliberate for future content, or just a little bug.
With Rowen, I had the opposite thing, I could see her content without problem, but it doesn't appear in the Log, and the conversations with her don't have titles until you learn her name, which could be on purpose, but I thought I'd report it just in case :p
Finally, I again don't know if it's a bug, but you gained access to Perion very early in the game, through the Cane Mastery Quest, which teleported me there and since, I could travel there through fast travel or Scrolls, which contradict the Main Story progression, since if I understand correctly, I'm supposed to gain access to Perion only after the Ellinia Storyline is finished
That's all I have for the moment, I hope some of it was useful somehow :p
Thanks for everything and I'm looking forward to the update at the end of the week =D
You'll get a Warning for both Mai and Natasha before making any choice. That first one for both, has no consequence as of this last update so no worries on that part.

As for Wing, can you send me a screen shot of the Quest Tracker? Could just be a quest is firing off the entire tracker and I just need to remove it.

For Rowan, I'll check

And for Perion, you'll arrive there naturally in the story for every player but if you were say, a Cannon Job Class, you'd never go there at all until the Story. For Cane, it's just a slight bonus but you can't do much there anyways and most players are ill prepared for it anyways

• Red Heart
Reactions: Elyngas

Elyngas

Sep 19, 2017
You'll get a Warning for both Mai and Natasha before making any choice. That first one for both, has no consequence as of this last update so no worries on that part.

As for Wing, can you send me a screen shot of the Quest Tracker? Could just be a quest is firing off the entire tracker and I just need to remove it.

For Rowan, I'll check

And for Perion, you'll arrive there naturally in the story for every player but if you were say, a Cannon Job Class, you'd never go there at all until the Story. For Cane, it's just a slight bonus but you can't do much there anyways and most players are ill prepared for it anyways
Alright, thanks for the answers =D
Here's the screen of Wing's Quest, I just talked to him once after unlocking side quests in Ellinia and choose not to pursue that questline since I'm going for an all Lover playthrough :) It's not causing any problems, it's just sitting there in the Log, and Wing disappeared after I declined the quest, so it's not a big deal :p screenshot.20240722.181657.png screenshot.20240722.181957.png

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Alright, thanks for the answers =D
Here's the screen of Wing's Quest, I just talked to him once after unlocking side quests in Ellinia and choose not to pursue that questline since I'm going for an all Lover playthrough :) It's not causing any problems, it's just sitting there in the Log, and Wing disappeared after I declined the quest, so it's not a big deal :p View attachment 3856846 View attachment 3856847
Perfect. This will auto fix in Friday's Patron update or netx week's public. Thanks!

• Red Heart

Elyngas

Sep 19, 2017
Hi I just noticed something else, the first Ivana quest is never triggered as 'available', and it doesn't appear on the map, until you go check at the location, I went to the Academy anyway since I wanted to see if I could trigger something, and the quest started normally, without issues, but there was no indication that I could start it beforehand, neither in the log nor on the map, so a trigger may be missing somewhere :p
I was also wondering, are all the items in the Library available somewhere in the game ? Some don't have sources to drop them. Are they just here for future content ? It just makes it a bit harder to look for gear to farm if I have to check every piece until I find one that lists its source :/ And if you plan to improve the Library, maybe you could add a way to filter by stats too ? So we can look for items better suited to our builds, mainly for accessories, since as a Dark Knight, I'd rather take Int items then Dex or Luk, for example :p
Additionally, I was thinking I would eventually try a playthrough with the Free Build Mode, but I don't know how far it is implemented yet, are other class playable ? In the Help folder, it says that only Bowman has been implemented so far, but since the docs aren't up to date about the skills, I thought that maybe the other builds may be available too :) Finally, how much does gender change the game, besides equipment requirements ? I think I remember one quest that required the MC to be male, but I don't know how much is gender-specific ?
Sorry for the big post, I try to group my questions so I don't post 5 different posts in a row :p

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Hi I just noticed something else, the first Ivana quest is never triggered as 'available', and it doesn't appear on the map, until you go check at the location, I went to the Academy anyway since I wanted to see if I could trigger something, and the quest started normally, without issues, but there was no indication that I could start it beforehand, neither in the log nor on the map, so a trigger may be missing somewhere :p
I was also wondering, are all the items in the Library available somewhere in the game ? Some don't have sources to drop them. Are they just here for future content ? It just makes it a bit harder to look for gear to farm if I have to check every piece until I find one that lists its source :/ And if you plan to improve the Library, maybe you could add a way to filter by stats too ? So we can look for items better suited to our builds, mainly for accessories, since as a Dark Knight, I'd rather take Int items then Dex or Luk, for example :p
Additionally, I was thinking I would eventually try a playthrough with the Free Build Mode, but I don't know how far it is implemented yet, are other class playable ? In the Help folder, it says that only Bowman has been implemented so far, but since the docs aren't up to date about the skills, I thought that maybe the other builds may be available too :) Finally, how much does gender change the game, besides equipment requirements ? I think I remember one quest that required the MC to be male, but I don't know how much is gender-specific ?
Sorry for the big post, I try to group my questions so I don't post 5 different posts in a row :p
The Ivana one also had similar issues before so you have to wander into The Academy as you explore Ellinia.

And Library shows all items in the game that are programmed. Not all of them are obtainable so you'll have to just see if Monsters, Bosses, etc drop it but you can't reach them. Only Maple Islane, Ereve, Rien, and Victoria Island will be open for this season of the game. You won't vist any other islands just yet

Free Mode is not implemented at all. There are not much content mainly because all the focus went into Story Mode. Not sure if this will change but as of right now, it's basically barebones.

And Gender would only affect Free Mode. Story is Male Only so you'll only be able to equip Male Equipment during it. Maybe one day we'll do a Female MC but that's years away

• Red Heart

Elyngas

Sep 19, 2017
The Ivana one also had similar issues before so you have to wander into The Academy as you explore Ellinia.

And Library shows all items in the game that are programmed. Not all of them are obtainable so you'll have to just see if Monsters, Bosses, etc drop it but you can't reach them. Only Maple Islane, Ereve, Rien, and Victoria Island will be open for this season of the game. You won't vist any other islands just yet

Free Mode is not implemented at all. There are not much content mainly because all the focus went into Story Mode. Not sure if this will change but as of right now, it's basically barebones.

And Gender would only affect Free Mode. Story is Male Only so you'll only be able to equip Male Equipment during it. Maybe one day we'll do a Female MC but that's years away
Alright, well, there's goes my plan of doing a Free Mode run :p No matter, I still have a lot to do in Story Mode anyway :p
And thanks for the answers :)

• Red Heart

Elyngas

Sep 19, 2017
Quick correction, when you meet Leafa in Perion, she keeps calling Kirito Kirigaya, but that's their family name, his first name is Kazuto :) Since Leafa is his sister/cousin, she would use Kazuto since they are both Kirigayas :p

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Quick correction, when you meet Leafa in Perion, she keeps calling Kirito Kirigaya, but that's their family name, his first name is Kazuto :) Since Leafa is his sister/cousin, she would use Kazuto since they are both Kirigayas :p
I thought about this as I was writing it but I decided with the way it's presented mainly because she thinks they're still in a MMO and since this is after Aincrad, this is leaning into how much respect Leafa has for Kirito and what he's done for the family thus far.

It's not until she hears about the mess that happened she kind of factory resets back to normal formality. Plus, Leafa isn't one to use his name for her own benefit. She's one to introduce her family with formality but not herself.

Elyngas

Sep 19, 2017
I thought about this as I was writing it but I decided with the way it's presented mainly because she thinks they're still in a MMO and since this is after Aincrad, this is leaning into how much respect Leafa has for Kirito and what he's done for the family thus far.

It's not until she hears about the mess that happened she kind of factory resets back to normal formality. Plus, Leafa isn't one to use his name for her own benefit. She's one to introduce her family with formality but not herself.
Alright, I understand better the choice now :) I thought it was just a mistake since some people have difficulty realizing that Japanese names start with the family name :p

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Alright, I understand better the choice now :) I thought it was just a mistake since some people have difficulty realizing that Japanese names start with the family name :p
Nah, just wanted to make sure it was clear that not only does Leafa know who Kirito is at this point in their timeline, she has great respect for him and what he did before that. It comes back around later when she kind of wakes up to the fact that hero's have flaws and make mistakes all the same

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
library items are sorted by level.
for weapon/armor u can even sort by job and gender.
for accessory by level/job, but usually they are available for all jobs and gender.
also accessory are more rare to find so a lot will not have any monster drop. mostly u can get them from quest/gatcha/shops.
a lot of them will be used later in specific quests. like medals, a lot of them u get from spiegelmann.
belts, will be a reward in S2, even if 2 are already available right now.
rings/pendants will be added to high level bosses and will be more available in S2. those that u can't find now.
earrings are mostly monster drop. but some will be more rare and quest-items.
theres not many shoulderpad, one u can get from "endless maple box" and one from a monster in S2
also theres gacha that has a couple items. so its a work in progress. remember that S2 is much bigger in size. some items should be there.
but I have not added all items yet. more will be added.

not all items will be available in kingsfall. some are freemode-only-items and will only be there (mostly quest items)

• Red Heart

Elyngas

Sep 19, 2017
library items are sorted by level.
for weapon/armor u can even sort by job and gender.
for accessory by level/job, but usually they are available for all jobs and gender.
also accessory are more rare to find so a lot will not have any monster drop. mostly u can get them from quest/gatcha/shops.
a lot of them will be used later in specific quests. like medals, a lot of them u get from spiegelmann.
belts, will be a reward in S2, even if 2 are already available right now.
rings/pendants will be added to high level bosses and will be more available in S2. those that u can't find now.
earrings are mostly monster drop. but some will be more rare and quest-items.
theres not many shoulderpad, one u can get from "endless maple box" and one from a monster in S2
also theres gacha that has a couple items. so its a work in progress. remember that S2 is much bigger in size. some items should be there.
but I have not added all items yet. more will be added.

not all items will be available in kingsfall. some are freemode-only-items and will only be there (mostly quest items)
Alright, now I'm even more exited to see what's next :p S2 sounds amazing, not only due to how good the story so far is, but also because of the new content that's going to be added =D

Elyngas

Sep 19, 2017
How far are from S2 btw ? I know that Victoria Island has a lot of content, and I'm guessing that S1 will end when the Story in Victoria is finished, but I'm also curious about what happens after that :p

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
How far are from S2 btw ? I know that Victoria Island has a lot of content, and I'm guessing that S1 will end when the Story in Victoria is finished, but I'm also curious about what happens after that :p
I'm about halfway into finishing every single character before Sleepywood. I think by late next year I'll finally start on the final Story Chapter; Sleeywood.

After that is Season 2 and a time skip of about 3-4 years when the Hero is now 21-22

• Red Heart

Elyngas

Sep 19, 2017
I'm about halfway into finishing every single character before Sleepywood. I think by late next year I'll finally start on the final Story Chapter; Sleeywood.

After that is Season 2 and a time skip of about 3-4 years when the Hero is now 21-22
Well, now I'm pumped, for Sleepywood and S2 =D

• Red Heart

Elyngas

Sep 19, 2017
Hi, I was wondering, is there more content with the rogue fairies ? I saw a conversation during Ivana's questline where some kind of fairy 'queen', or leader at least, seemed very interested in the Hero, but after that, nothing.

3.50 star(s) 30 Votes