VN Ren'Py Klandestin - Preview, Development Progress, Feedback & Discussion

Nudios

Jan 13, 2020
Hello everyone,

I'm Nudios and currently I'm working on my first game for the past month.

I've been playing adult games since 2 years ago and decided to make my own. I was going to use RPGM for my game, but Renpy seems easier and simpler because I only do this in my free time. I'm working alone so the game development progress may be slow. Also English is not my main language and I'm trying my best not to screw up. I wanted to mix some Sci-Fi and medieval theme to this game.

Story

Nadea
, 18 years old, is a member of the USC Space Forces, Sermia Division. Sermia Division is the second-highest division of USC Space Forces. One day, USC's command has been informed that there are some Yolda's Spaceship landed on Preytus. Yolda is the biggest enemy of USC. USC wanted to prevent Yolda to colonizing Preytus as their planet, expanding Yolda's territory. USC began to sending some low-ranking ranger to Preytus, but none of them came back. They decided to send some of the high ranking personel to Preytus. One of them is Albert, an INTAI member. Albert's mission went smoothly and even have a normal life on Preytus. Later, USC sent Nadea to Preytus in order to help Albert gather some information.

Characters
Nadea is your main character. She has little to zero emotions. Her nickname is "Ms. Death". She joined the forces since age 10. Having no family makes her has no fear losing anything. Mastered nearly all combat skills and always finished her missions unscathed.

Albert is an INTAI member, 1 division below Sermia. He's the best INTAI member and this mission is the determination whether he will be promoted to Sermia or not. Being the best doesn't make him arrogant. That's why he was chosen for this mission.

Any other character will be added later.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Those tags are not final and may change as development progresses.

I've finished some renders and some dialogue but haven't reached to the point where the game is playable as a demo.

I really, really appreciate any comment and suggestion about my game. For now, I'm still studying in college and will try my best to manage my time to develop the game and answer all your comment and suggestion.

UPDATE #1 : I've finished 70% of the story and 50% of the render for the demo . I'm still working on the story and some renders. I want to make the demo has some good playable contents in it.

Here are some sample images :

albmetreb4.jpg chat3.jpg nad_alb talk.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: u z i

u z i

lurker
Uploader
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
looks very cool. i like the (possible) tags ;). is it going to be a multiple protagonist game or just Nadea? don't usually play female protag games, but the mc seems to be different and unique so i'll give it a go once it comes out.

all the best for your project :)

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
I dont see the 'adult' part of your game. This sounds like a small , maybe 2d, rpg. (RPGM btw is a sure way to make sure the game is never viable financially or develops a big following).

You cant do this game decently without a real language. C, C++, Unity or UE4.. whatever. Id suggest you move to unity if you want to make the game you describe.. im not sure how youd make that into an adult game or if youd even want to. If you used c/c++ , unity whatever though you could have everything you've described and have "reward scenes". This will be a lot of work and learning but if you do this you'll be a competant programmer or unity/ue4 game dev by the time youre done.

Nudios

Jan 13, 2020
looks very cool. i like the (possible) tags ;). is it going to be a multiple protagonist game or just Nadea? don't usually play female protag games, but the mc seems to be different and unique so i'll give it a go once it comes out.

all the best for your project :)
I'm planning on focusing more on Nadea for now. The MC (Nadea) actually not a robot ( in case you're wondering ), it's just her suit. By the way, thank you.

I dont see the 'adult' part of your game. This sounds like a small , maybe 2d, rpg. (RPGM btw is a sure way to make sure the game is never viable financially or develops a big following).

You cant do this game decently without a real language. C, C++, Unity or UE4.. whatever. Id suggest you move to unity if you want to make the game you describe.. im not sure how youd make that into an adult game or if youd even want to. If you used c/c++ , unity whatever though you could have everything you've described and have "reward scenes". This will be a lot of work and learning but if you do this you'll be a competant programmer or unity/ue4 game dev by the time youre done.
You don't see the 'adult' part because I didn't post it here to keep it for the release. Yes, this is still very small, but I'm doing my best to make it bigger and better. Also, making a good scene with assets available in this forum is, IMO, easier than drawing a map for parallax mapping in RPGM.

As for the game engine, the only reason why I chose Ren'Py over another is because it's just easy and simple. I've tried many game engine before ( Unity, Unreal, RPGM, even CryEngine ) but I think Ren'Py is the best for my current project. I've seen many implementation of system/features that I mentioned above in many games that was developed with Ren'Py and they work pretty good IMO.

For the learning part, using Ren'py will atleast give me a little experience with Python. I've been writing code in Java (Android) and C, but have no experience whatsoever with Python. Changing game engine is something I will not consider as it will take a lot of time.

But overall, thank you for your suggestion.