VN - Unity - Completed - Knife Sisters [Final] [Transcenders Media]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Paitryn

Not sure what to think about this one. Not the content, so much as how proud the developer seems to be to charge 16.99 on steam with the crappy soundtrack for another 6 bucks. The reviews seem pretty fake too, with one saying they interviewed the creator.

So with that I decided to play the game for myself and see if the story improved matters at all.

The transperson thing is whatever your into around here works for the crowd it works for so it doesn't bother me, what I have issues with is the Highschool level sketches and abysmal soundtrack (which I don't really feel fits) being slapped together and are counting on the upcoming controversy and negative reviews to give them exposure and money from the SJW crowd. We have plenty of people with crappy drawings and terrible soundtrack choices around here, but to be fair, we don't see a lot of them charging 17 bucks for it either. They seem to know their value. This game's developers don't

So the art style: The black and white work very well here. The sketches however are childish and sub par. Ok for an amateur dev, but even mainline hentai games don't put the pricetag this game does out there.

The music: Soundtrack is appropriately creepy. Just always too creepy. the music is on edge to one degree or another, why? Meeting your friends shouldn't sound like a tense Twin Peaks scene. Everything is degrees of depressing or tense. and the MC's music is just an electronic garble the team thought was cool. Too much out of place. If your going to make a creepy horror story you have to actually instill that things are normal or even happy before they get to scary and creepy.

The characters:
    The protagonist isn't special aside from his transgenger non binary stuff. Really the label they slapped on him is the only thing that makes him all that noteworthy from any typical VN male protag. except he's extremely selfish and the kind of kid you want to slap accross the face for being stupid. Not in the blind harem protag kind of way. The shit for brains starbucks drinking woe is me I live comfortably without having to earn anything in life kind of stupid.

The characters are pretty much what you expect from that particular crowd talking about raves and senseless everyday stuff while the music is trying to tell you or remind you your reading a horror story composed on electronic software.

The Story.
    The story itself is just a creepy pasta. and a mediocre one at best. So no, the story doesn't improve matters at all. It's written pretty average for an H game, but generally H games lead from one sex romp to the next. This game is trying to be serious. Obvious Characters and moments no sane person would bother dealing with or steer clear from but were pulled into the circumstances reguardless. You often have choices. Good luck making that decision once you have more information its too late and that choice is taken from you. This game is supposed to lean heavily on the story, but it's often boring switching to over the top.

The Gameplay:
    So really there is just the choice system which punishes you for being patient and wise. Instead of presenting options after you hear what someone has to say, options appear and disappear during the conversations. So if you want to chose the earlier choices you have to interrupt the character that is speaking. No one taught the developers to talk in turn I guess. None of the decisions really are ones you couldn't make after the person finishes speaking but they still take away the choice. So if your a reader, the game is going to force you down a narrow path in many of the choices.

all in all its just not worth what the developer wants people to think it is and if this were another patreon developer I probably wouldnt be writingso harsh of a review or bothering to commenting on it. There's nothing wrong with giving effort and improving, I see everything wrong with half assed effort being sold as the final version. And to have obvious fake reviews even makes it more of a scam in my eyes. Thankfully we're a pirate site.