RPGM - Completed - Knights Of Messiah [v1.04] [Doujin Circle Gyu! / Kagura Games]

1. 3.00 star(s)

HumblestRanger

I'm on chapter 4 right now, which is pretty far, but it seems like I'm not even halfway through. The plot is interesting, the characters are certainly charming(I read some complaints on the MC being weak and a pretty meh character overall as with all the NTR games, but I personally liked him. He's like "good" Kazuma and has his own personality. Still can't fuck the girls though.), but the whole "epic saga" thing going on is kinda hard to take seriously when half of the spiel is about how "hur-hur, I'm going to impregnate her and make her birth me babies", hence I'm reviewing it now instead of playing through it all first, because it's going to be a real slowburner for me.

As you might have already realized, the game is heavily fetishized towards impregnation/birth fetish. If you go on your girls being raped deliberately, chances are they'll get pregnant and pop-out babies like machine guns. Yes, in a single battle. I'm not into that kind of shit, but if you are - you are going to have a good time going down this route.

The battle system is definitely fun. Hitting things is satisfying and, every once in a while, you can learn random skills in a battle. The way it works: you fight, you use some special skill/attack, you character gets this shiny star symbol above their pixel sprite and then they throw in this new skill attack at no cost whatsoever and learning it permanently which is usually followed by janky, but kinda fun visuals.

Although it usually works by your character using the attack and THEN using this newly-learnt skill, sometimes they might use only the new skill and completely derail the fight, because, for example, you wanted to use a debuff special skill that trips your opponent but instead your dumbass party member decided to show off with a flashy new move instead and then gets obliterated during the enemy's turn.

The battle system also has those mythical "Link" moves, which are basically coop attacks, but I've never managed to use it even once, because in order to do that your TP has to go over 200 and in order to save up that many, as far as I understand, you only have to use normal attacks, which is pretty inefficient all-around when most of your party members have AoE skills on average. And TP seem to actually go down when you use magic/special moves for whatever reason, nor do they seem to transfer between fights. Basically, in order to use it you have to go reaaaaally far out of your way, which I won't.

But yeah, all in all, the battle system is fun. In concept and execution, that is, even with jankiness. Actually fighting through maps is NOT fun at all. Across all the four chapters that I went through, the enemies are all the fucking same all the time. The only thing that changes is that they get color-swapped and have their levels increased. The fights are poorly balanced: either you one-shot them or they one-shot you(sometimes, even if you properly equip your characters). And enemies make no sense at all. For example, in the very first forest area you get DRAGONS as your enemies and skeleton mages. The weirdest part? All the monsters can molest the girls with their green "hands". All of them. Even dragons, yes. And it looks really fucking cheap. Which brings us to the next point of discussion.

Molestation attacks all look horrible. The stretching pixels, the poorly colored hands, the angle, all of it indicates the lack of experience with those sorts of things. And there's barely any variety. Molestation "animations" are meh, which are basically the rotation of a total sum of three frames. All of them focus on the breasts so far and I doubt it's gonna change later on. That is to say, I flipped through the H-gallery out of curiosity, and I gotta say that there are some sex animations that look decent enough, but it's far in-between. In other words, it's a mishmash of cheap, horrible looking shit and some decentish stuff.

Most of the sex content is NTR-themed, which I personally don't care about. Hot is hot. But it's pretty clear how the game is trying really hard to cuck the MC, which feels really forced and not in a "fun" way. NTR is avoidable from what I read, but in my current playthrough it certainly doesn't feel that way, cuz of certain plot elements. I'm pretty sure I can still weave my way around it though.

Basically, it could be a great game, but it suffers from lack of polish and consistent narrative. Some patches here and there could fix most of it, but I doubt the dev will ever come back to this, so we are stuck with this.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Donotstopme

In my opinion this game good as rpg, little similar like Chrono trigger. There are some problems in the game. Always crashes, when u play with joiplay and i dont like when i cant having *ex with my main character. So-so, i expected more.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

slashere

really like it, i don't know why but it seem that decreasing the music in the setting also diminish the numbers of crash. the story keep you in the game, the rpg part has his particularity. the animation integrate well into the game it has a lot to offer, and does it with a great execution. But i really recommend to use a save editor to boost the stats of your characters.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

_Grotest_

Soo, I finished this game and it wasn't particularly bad I suppose. The gameplay balance is meh but story is not bad.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    Overall game has quite noticeable rough edges and it's hard to ignore but I wasn't dissapointed at least with this game(not surprising considering my expectations were kinda low) So by F95 rating standards I'd give it 3/5 stars.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

p23rklo

So I've finally finished the game with virgin playthrough after a shit ton of crashes [100-500+ times] (in actuality it's been a few weeks-months since I've finished it but I'm reviewing it now.)

The GOOD
    Translation
    H scenes/ART(CG) is kind of passable/Animation is kind of mid
    Different "unique" gameplay mechanics

The translation is decent/very good as is standard of Kagura Games but there may be a bit (less than 3%) of lines that are either untranslated or badly translated which is kind of negligible.
    The saving grace of the game though is the H CG which depending on your taste may be quite serviceable indeed.
    The game also has a lot of gameplay mechanics/elements that make it unique/standout in a way.

The BAD
    Shit ton of crashes (game will crash harder than the current crypto market)
    RPG Gameplay
    Story
    Game LACKS DIRECTION (not direction of where to go but direction as in what the game wants to be)

Now for the why this game is utter garbage (positives aside). Unless you have the patience of a saint DON'T PLAY THIS GAME as you will be frustrated by the constant crashing that randomly triggers (sometimes it happens every few minutes after starting crashing over and over, and sometimes it will be hours and no crashes =RANDOM).
    RPG gameplay is also just tacked on to this game (including the myriad of gameplay mechanics) as the way the story goes it's more like a VN (Visual Novel) where you just go to one direction with negligible choices. ENEMIES FCKING SCALE WITH YOUR LEVEL so if you're a normal person and choose normal difficulty in this game EXPECT TO GET FCKED BY every single normal enemy as they are most of the time as hard as the bosses of this game. Gameplay basically revolves around breaking shit (Either you demolish your enemies with OP skills=cakewalk or you get REKT)
    As the author/director/game creator even stated (in game with an npc that representing the author's thoughts) that the story is a mess and they found it hard to create a game with H elements in it. The first draft for the story/gameplay is too serious and lacks H so they revised it into a frankenstein monster that screams ludonarrative dissonance. The Male protagonist is treated as a wimp with no redeeming factor (as is typical with NTR games) but gameplay wise the Male protagonist is strong as FCK and can demolish bosses. The game literally gives you a choice of "ignoring/not listening" the command of the monarch/king/boss of their country in order to achieve the "TRUE" ending/virgin route. No additional dialogue/plot elements, the game just ignored the H elements and became a Generic RPG story (despite the king /boss saying that the protagonist group girls (2 of them) must obey him and do H stuff to save the country. THEY JUST FCKING IGNORE HIM LMAO)

The game would've worked better if they did what OneOne1 games do when it comes to this type of games. A branching story or a story with paths, a path where you lose and get a damned story and a path where you are victorious and the story is generally positive/hopeful.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Tsukamoto Misako

This game is good, if you like NTR. Design of the characters and twisted plot are very nice. You don't really understand when the game ends which also makes it exciting. The number of endings is impressive as well.

However, the scenes are often repeated on different stages of corruption. Only the text is changed.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

smithsmithsmith

Can't rate this any higher, it's a borderline incoherent mess of a game. The story is nonsense, the corruption is non-existant, the combat is terribly balanced and uses the same battlefuck images regardless of which recoloured enemy you're facing and to top it off even after three patches it's still crash prone. Single star for long sex scenes so if you're really into NTR it might be worth downloading a save file but I wouldn't advise anyone to actually play the game.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

♍VoidTraveler

Could only handle about half of the game or less before finally getting tired and bored of it.

What's of note:
    *Very boring beginning of the game.
    *Will crash often so save often.
    *Focus NTR.
    *Focus pregnancy and birthing.
    *Decent sex scenes overall.
    *Story and combat are utter shit.
    *Nice background music during sex animation.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

teddidiah

Ignoring all technical issues here;

It's not a good game! It's not a bad, trash fire of a game, but it isn't good. It is one part generic RPG, with a lot of time-filling effects like sprites humorously (in a "this looks dumb and silly, lmao" way) bouncing around the battlefield or doing little vignettes for special attacks. This just wastes time given you're doing it for every single battle, many of which can be generic attacked through.

The other part is smut, of course. Which has the same underlying issue of all of the writing in the game; horrible pacing. Everything takes three times as long as it should, sometimes rather literally as it often repeats itself three times, too. This happens with most cutscenes, drawing everything out and it gets so egregious that I am genuinely pretty sure it was intentional, as a joke. There is a scene relatively early on where an antagonist gets punched and beaten up and falls over. But he shakily gets back up, groaning and saying he's not down yet. Then he collapses. And rises, doing the same thing - three times. Another case is one of the heroines gets groped, some brute tugging down her top. That animation plays, you guessed it, three times to apparently symbolize her getting honked, which can only mean she pulls her top back on and they play some tug of war during it. Hilariously, sometimes the plot goes into high gear as if they ran out of budget for a scene, skipping ahead with a little paragraph between chapters. Like and then you rout all the armies or and then you are invaded and captured tier skipping.

Even when it's not repeating itself the writing is still bad, simply because all of it boils down to some absolutely ape brained male NPCs going "I want to make fuck to your body and breed you" and the heroine going "what, no" and the protagonist guy saying something to the effect of "the fuck, man?"

It's bad. It isn't even the translator's fault in any form or fashion, they did it all faithfully. I honestly cannot understand how this game popped off.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

ClockworkRBD

The rating I give is dependent on your willingness to cheat. If you are willing to cheat to avoid some of the balance issues in the game, I give it a 4/5. If you are not willing, I can't recommend the game as more than a 2.5/5

As a game, I went into this one a bit more hopeful, and I can't say I was entirely disappointed, but there were many issues that I feel hold this game back more than other games that it can be directly compared to, such as Violated Heroine or Melty's Quest.

PROS
    ---

1 : Most of the game is animated, which does add a fair amount of value due to how uncommon it is. There are also 3 protagonists that feel relatively equal in scenes (although the last heroine gets a bit less.)

2 : The game is pretty easy to get into and has some interesting features such as the use of skill books to learn magic, and a fairly decent variety of items.

3 : The protagonists are fairly likeable and the story is enjoyable. Lots of locations to visit.

CONS
    ---

1 : The most important negative, the game crashes A LOT. The game is very unstable no matter what you do, and you will often lose progress because of it.

2 : The combat balance is wonky at best, and most of the game balance is built around enemies hitting extremely hard at all points of the game, while also being fast enough to end up hitting you before you can heal. This doesn't really change at all later in the game. This, combined with point #3, is why I HIGHLY RECOMMEND a save editor.

3 : The game is incredibly grindy and the only way you are going to be able to progress is to grind a lot. Enemies hit really hard and can absorb a lot of damage as well, especially bosses. Please consider using a save editor if you need more xp or gold.

4 : The way you unlock skills (not magic) is very poorly implemented. The game doesn't really explain how new abilities are unlocked, and it seems as if it is semi-random, and more often than not you will try to have characters use a skill, but instead they were show off a skill they had just unlocked at that moment, which is more often than not useless in comparison to the ability you wanted them to use. This can cause wipes later in the game where you are heavily dependent (even at level 99) on buffs, debuffs, and status effects to avoid death.

NEUTRAL
    ---

1 : The game has a lot of NTR content and pregnancy content, and it can often be unavoidable. The in-universe explanation for spontaneous pregnancy is thrown in to be functional more than it being story-relevant.

2 : The art is not the greatest, but you get used to it fairly quickly.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

Elsanor

Crashfest and Incomplete translations. As much as I do want to play this game, I cannot due to how unstable it is. The amount of tags which relates to the flexibility associated with it seems very promising, but it's a shame with its current game health.
    The game has simple fighting mechanics and a more sophisticated menu which includes sex information, although it doesn't have vagina status (appearance after multitudes of sex) from what I can see; possibly due to the censorship or due to my negligence of not exploring what the game has to offer.
    Requires a bit of brainwork as names aren't translated and you have to figure out what authority these characters hold in society, and not to mention the sometimes imperfect (bugged) translations. Very random crashes here and there; very very annoying as I only save every 30 minutes, so a 30 minutes lost and repeat every time for me.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

Khaitoh

Dunno bout the crash fest from others but I kinda enjoy this game and would look forward to a better translation.

The long text is kinda off putting specifically if you just wanna play to FAP it out but in the same way it gives the game story more depth IMO than most H-Games.

It's what one would expect in a game with corruption tag, prostitution and NTR.

Kinda like that they gave a "background" reason why you can get pregnant and then give birth A.S.A.P, which is what I like in a game with pregnancy tag, Creampie > Impregnation > Pregnant Belly you can give birth to whenever you want xD.

Art isn't top tier but it has it's on Charm. Characters are likable, I specially like the ML most than other Cucked MCs that are so beta you'd wanna cuck the Heroine Yourself (Like In Treasure Hunter Mai, something I haven't cleared too yet since that 'ML' was annoying as F that I couldn't stand him even for a few minutes, might play it after clearing this one since same Devs xD)

I actually haven't finished the game first since it seems too long and I just keep on fapping even though most scenes are only repeats but still enjoyable for me for some reason xD

Also gotta give credits to the background music during H-Scenes, makes me just wanna go go go! xD

It sucks that only Human enemies can impregnate them (Atleast that's how it is from how Far I got)

Might Update this if I finish the game xD
  13. 3.00 star(s)

TheHighSpire

So I've played Knights of Messiah a crash-party of a game, and it's time for a review.

The most crucial thing to know before you boot up this game is that it will crash, and it will crash a lot. Now, I did find a way for it to crash less, but it also made the game considerably less enjoyable.
    Solution to avoid some of the crashes: 1. Do not put the game in full screen. 2. Fast forward (hold ctrl) over any and all text. Especially longer dialogues, which there are many of, will crash the game.

It's a really a pity because the game wants to tell a story, but I just can't understand it because it crashes. That said, these types of games rarely do well in the story writing department, so I probably didn't miss a great story.

The next issue is that the translation either was horribly made or something went wrong which completely jumbled it. In either case, the translation is confusing at best and unintelligible at worst.

Mechanically the game is alright. Its sort of a basic RPGM game in the sense that you gain XP from fighting enemies, which usually are monsters. This will quickly become kinda repetitive though, especially when you start to figure out the best skills.

The good part is that the girls in your party can be assaulted during combat. The integrity of their clothes is tied to the HP. Low Hp = ruined clothes. What I didn't like was that there wasn't really any way to avoid the sexual attacks which also causes HP harm.

The game has pregnancy in it. I'm not really sure if I like how the game deals with it. I think it would've been better if left out. Basically, pregnancy works like this: In battle, if one of the female characters loses then they can assaulted. The enemies can take a drug which will impregnate the girl immediately if they rape her. After the battle the girl will appear with a big belly (as in end of pregnancy belly). Not long after she will give birth. Yet, considering how no mechanics or anything else really is tied into it, then I don't really see its merits.

Then lastly, the art is alright, but heavily censored. The art is kinda repetitive as well. The static images I encountered were just static versions of otherwise animated pictures.

So, to summarize for quick reading:

The Good:
    • Combat sex is nice, but not expanded enough on IMO.
    • Decent variety of combat skills.
    • I noticed at least one time where there were different outcomes depending on whether you lose a battle or not (without it leading to game over).
    The In-between:
    • Pregnancy is inconsequential and not tied to any mechanics. You litterally go from "not pregnant" to "9 months pregnant" in one frame.
    • Battles becomes a grind and are repetitive.
    • I'm not sure if I like it when cloth integrity is tied to HP.

The Bad
    • It crashes.. a lot.
    • Because of the crashes, I didn't understand most of the story.
    • The translation is jumbled. I especially found it cringy how the little sister kept calling her brother "Older Brother" despite the fact that he has a name.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

dustangelbreak

Doujin circle Gyu has always been my favorite. Cistina and Treasure Hunter Mai are among the best H-RPG games I've played.

Pros:
    - As usual really good game if you're into NTR and corruption.
    - The story is quite good.
    - Lengthy and amazing sex scenes. Can be few times longer than most games.
    - A roster of likeable heroines
    - Amazing sex stats screen, now with extra animation and labia spreading.
    - The drawing is much better than Cistina and Mai
    - The MC isn't dumb pathetic guy. He is smart and resourceful make him more relatable than most hetare ntr mc. That makes the cuckolding more painful, but hey aren't that why we play these kinds of games?
    - Decent and fun battle system
    - Really easy to skip scenes and easy mode make battle a breeze

Cons:
    - Fucking crashfest. Crashed more than playing Cyberpunk 2077 on a PC with bad RAM (inspired from a true story)
    - Long intro before you can get sex scene (almost 2 hours for leisure and explore everything plays)

All in all 10/10. Please kagura license this (heck please license all DCG games) so I can watch a single sex scene without reloading 3 times.
  15. 1.00 star(s)

YuriiH

I destroyed your kingdom, princess, but found out that your father didn't run it properly. So, to rebuild your whole country, the only way is to sell your body. And take your friend with you!
    :FacePalm: :FacePalm: :FacePalm:

"Multiple endings" means 2 actually: boring "true" ending without unique CGs, and even more boring and blatant "whore" (for each of the 3 girls).

On top of the yawning and feeble story,
    - VERY long and stretched cut scenes.
    - Frustrating game crushes during the cutscenes or after boss fights.
    - High amounts of grind or incredible luck to kill bosses.
    - Large-scale censorship.

There is a chance that the game may be rather fun if you are totally keen on NTR, but don't waste your time if you're not a huge fan of the cuckhold stuff.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Aria

I won't comment on the game's MTL. Not interested in it because I already played the whole game with a partial and text hooker. Plus the game is good enough that it would be a shame to bring it down on the basis of MTL.

Story: The story runs in the same direction all gyu games run. It usually has fuck all to do with the sex scenes. Or if it does its some tangential excuse. This is on purpose. It makes the sex scenes extremely absurd. Yes yes you literally just defeated god. But your females are so submissive to sex that a bunch of guys can gang bang them 2 mins after. Or you defeated the army's general but your king dude orders you to go fuck him right after so he doesn't try rebelling again. Logic!

Combat: Standard. There's not much for me to say here. Combat rape to a small extent but less than previous games.

H-scenes: God so many h-scenes. I particularly like the characters in this game. The scenes are animated kinda. More of moving stills but eh. The art work can be subjective. I really like it but some people have raised their objections. It's up to you on this. The writing tends to be pretty good. It usually stays in the middle realm. There's enough ntr rape and whatever to be hard-core and stir some emotions, but it never goes so hard as to kill your boner or to make you feel bad for enjoying it. The corruption is real and slow, though rather than numbers the game puts you through sex mile stones. Either way it's there for you to enjoy