lady in distress pic

nyin

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018
Like Nvidia Iray Shading? Or shading after the picture is rendered?
:unsure: uhm, just shadows lol. We can see the light coming from the southwest direction, casting shadows of her arm and legs, but those are the only shadows in the scene. The car isn't casting a shadow, nor are her legs casting shadows on the ground. The random leaves have shadows, but they aren't in conformity with the light source that you have pointed at the character. Can you see what I'm seeing?

Reactions: Spirox

Spirox

Jun 15, 2018
:unsure: uhm, just shadows lol. We can see the light coming from the southwest direction, casting shadows of her arm and legs, but those are the only shadows in the scene. The car isn't casting a shadow, nor are her legs casting shadows on the ground. The random leaves have shadows, but they aren't in conformity with the light source that you have pointed at the character. Can you see what I'm seeing?
Yep I get it, this is due to the fact of rendering every part alone (the forest alone and the figure+the car alone) But I think I can add shadow to the pic by just putting the same light effect in both (I am still a beginner in Daz so :D )

nyin

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018
Yep I get it, this is due to the fact of rendering every part alone (the forest alone and the figure+the car alone) But I think I can add shadow to the pic by just putting the same light effect in both (I am still a beginner in Daz so :D )
That explains it. Good work so far. :sneaky:(y)

Spirox

Jun 15, 2018
That explains it. Good work so far. :sneaky:(y)
I just couldn't render on the whole picture (I have only a 1050Ti) I will see how I can put the shadows.
Anyway thanks for pointing that out, I didn't notice it first but still, it's a good detail to add.

nyin

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018
I just couldn't render on the whole picture (I have only a 1050Ti) I will see how I can put the shadows.
Anyway thanks for pointing that out, I didn't noticed it first but still it's a good detail to add.
I only have a 750ti :poop:. I'll probably have to start with 200x200px renders :ROFLMAO: How long did the render take you?

Spirox

Jun 15, 2018
I only have a 750ti :poop:. I'll probably have to start with 200x200px renders :ROFLMAO: How long did the render take you?
well for both picture (the lady in UHD Nvidia Iray 30min with the car and the forest in 3Delight 10min) I couldn't render everything together and I couldn't render the forest in Nvidia Iray at all (the render never start even after 10hours) (n):cry:

nyin

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018
well for both picture (the lady in UHD Nvidia Iray 30min with the car and the forest in 3Delight 10min) I couldn't render everything together and I couldn't render the forest in Nvidia Iray at all (the render never start even after 10hours) (n):cry:
Even after 10 hours!? :eek: Geebus. What kind of CPU do you have?

Spirox

Jun 15, 2018
Even after 10 hours!? :eek: Geebus. What kind of CPU do you have?
Yeah, I don't know what went wrong :(

well, I got i7 (8750 something like that) and even with that and 32G RAM, It wasn't enough.

I think I should have bought a 1080Ti but well... maybe next time

Reactions: nyin

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017

well, I got i7 (8750 something like that) and even with that and 32G RAM, It wasn't enough.

Wait you have a i7-8750 paired with a 750ti? I agree, an upgrade is in order.

nyin

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018

What's faster with your current set-up: gpu or cpu rendering? Have you experimented?

I believe he has a 1050ti, actually. I'm the one with the crap gpu :poop:

Spirox

Jun 15, 2018
Lol No, I have an i7-8750 with a 1050Ti but I still agree with what you say.
Unfortunately I got a laptop so I don't know how to change parts in a laptop :LOL:

What's faster with your current set-up: gpu or cpu rendering? Have you experimented?
Nope I haven't tested that, good question I should test it and see. By the way how can I change what I want to use in my renders between the Nvidia or the CPU?

nyin

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018
Lol No, I have an i7-8750 with a 1050Ti but I still agree with what you say.
Unfortunately I got a laptop so I don't know how to change parts in a laptop :LOL:
You're working off a laptop? Impressive resolve you got there :LOL:(y)(y) Let me know when your game is released :coffee:

Spirox

Jun 15, 2018
You're working off a laptop? Impressive resolve you got there :LOL:(y)(y) Let me know when your game is released :coffee:
Yep I hate desktop but also I don't have enough money to get one haha.

I just saw I can still buy an external 1070ti for my laptop. I don't know if it's a good solution though. (Maybe in the futur)

No worries I will send you a private message when the game is released ;)

Reactions: nyin

nyin

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018
Nope I haven't tested that, good question I should test it and see. By the way how can I change what I want to use in my renders between the Nvidia or the CPU?
From the little I know, certain renderers are designed specifically for cpu/gpu/both usage. You'd have to look up and see if the renderer that you're using are gpu/cpu/both specific and then tamper with the settings accordingly. Sorry, I don't have much information for you. I only know that Arnold uses only CPU rendering (for now), and Octane uses GPU. I'm pretty unfamiliar with Nvidia Iray (which I think uses GPU) and 3Delight.