Ren'Py - Lakeside Lustful Stories [v0.1 Bugfix] [Golira Productions]

1. 2.00 star(s)

anon280

Version: 0.1

• a lot of content but mostly just dialogue revolved around an investigation
    • rich artwork, the bg art is full of detail
    • character default art is a bit weird - big head with stubby arms; girls tend to look better except blonde and green hair
    • animations and drawings that are not the default character pose, i.e. pose variation (glasses girl) and scene drawings, look different in an inconsistent and lower quality way
    • animations are fluid
    • dialogue gets boring real fast (and there's a lot of it) perhaps because there's nothing interesting about high school drama
    • a lot of unlikeable characters - almost all are mean to the mc, except glasses chick, for superficial reasons and then suddenly like him from one nice thing he does or says (at least that makes sense, i guess)
    • minigames are tedious but a little fun
    • sfx in sync with animation
    • music is pleasant
    • 4 animated sex scenes but not the best quality (the drawings look the worst) nor feels quite natural:
      • sexual content is abrupt and very separate from the regular drama - basically the mood is forced and unexpected
    • no prompt on if you want to have sex/sexual acts with a character, it just happens - i find it a problem since some of the characters are unattractive
    • would have rather had Mila (green hair) expelled but story forces you to save her even if she has no redeeming qualities until after being saved she cameos as assistance to open a locker for mc

Only thing that holds the game up, from a sexual pov, is the brown hair girl being a phat ass tsundere and the relaxed miilf principal however the sex scene art needs refining as well as some more build up or tease to make it fappable.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

CUNTBLAZER420

A little rough around the edges, but it has potential. The art needs some refining, dialogues are far from perfect and the characters all look a little too familiar for my taste, but the groundwork for a good game is there. Good body variety, distinct (if typical) character personalities, and surprisingly solid animation, being the highlights. I recommend giving it a try.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

happyemu

Lots of content for a v0.1. You'll easily get a few hours worth of content if you take the time and enjoy the interactions between characters. the relationship dynamics between characters is what makes the content feel as satisfying as it does. So long as the following updates keep up this level of quality, I don't mind waiting a bit longer between them. Definitely one you should keep an eye on if you aren't already.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

onmyown23

Closest thing I've seen to the quality of Summertime Saga. The characters are charming and well written with distinct personalities. The art is pleasing to the eyes and the girls are cute.

And thank fuck the dev thought it was a good idea to make v 0.1 actually last over an hour and have a few sexy scenes. I can't stand it when you download the initial release and you get 15 minutes and you spy on a girl in a shower once.

Only downside I would say is the animations are not the same quality as the rest of the VN. Even the backgrounds, you can tell a lot of love went into them, the animations are passable, but it would be great to see more love put into them.

Great first version dev, looking forward to seeing where this one goes.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

BigRay87

The 0.1 release of this game has been a shocking victory for 2dcg games. Three fully animated sex scenes (only one was penetrative and the cunnilingus one wasn't really my thing but still!), a serviceable if uninspiring storyline, and the fact that the girls are written to be interesting enough to want to fuck them, all add up to a game I'm going to keep playing.

The elephant in the room is the minigames. While I found them enjoyable enough, they don't directly contribute to the game experience otherwise (the trouble with most minigames) and they must be encountered as part of progression, though I believe there is an option to have them completed for you. If any future minigames remain mostly unobtrusive and without time limits, I think they're just fine as-is.

My other complaint is the open world design. Hidden pixel, 'click on the right spot for a surprise' design isn't great as it most often sends people to a walkthrough rather than interacting with the game directly (unless they like wasting time clicking on everything, which some do). It does its job well enough for now, but in the future I would love to see a map button that sends me to various locations and tells me what girls can be encountered in a given spot.

Tl;dr - a few rough spots and minigames but this is a must-play at its first release. This is a review I expect to move to a 5 - there's no 4.5 option.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Axelshadow

Is this a good game? Yes.
    Is it worth playing and supporting? Yes.

The plot is simple, easy to follow, the casts have their personalities (albeit some are cliche), and while some might argue regarding the art work I find them personally to be good, I have soft spot with arts like this. The sex scenes are actually pretty well done, considering, and the animation is pretty good. Give it a try.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Jason both

V.01 Review
    You can tell this is not just some project thrown out there as a mindless Eroge cash grab. There's some real thought/intelligence put behind the dialogue and the story thus far. The characters in particular have some good weight to them (especially the MC) . Pacing is smooth like butter, each scene feels like it matters and is worth reading. Great start, please take your time in completing this game . It's already one of the better adult VNs out there.
    (y)(y)(y)
  8. 5.00 star(s)

TwoJohns

Pretty good for a 0.1,
    Variety in characters, couple of scenes and actual readable English.

Only complaint is that currently the game is a kinetic novel with open world, sure you can navigate anywhere but really your only choice is to go to the location you were last told to continue. But this could very much change later as more content is added
  9. 5.00 star(s)

chaoticXpickle

The art and animation is really good and for a first release it has a lot of content. The math assignment can be a little frustrating towards the end when it gets harder, but regardless the game seems very polished and very promising.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

pitems67

There is some great art for the game, quality scenes overall. The variety is great as well for the game. Story hopefully will continue and become good, but for an early version its good. This is a game that can be good, and this is a good start for the game.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

DoranDuck

Really promising first version, sound was perfect, I was not sure I would like the art as much as I did but I grew to love it, only downside I could find was the Kakuro puzzles, while I was able to find a puzzle solver, I am horrible with math, so a math based puzzle was difficult for me.

Here is to hoping for more content
  12. 5.00 star(s)

zorazera

This game has so much potential!
    The storyline is pretty good, the characters are quite unique and I really dig the animations
    I really look forward to more content and scenes, this game has really good potential :))
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Kinky Bully

[v0.1]
    I will say I am not a fan of giving reviews for games for the early phase. But the game is good. Really good.
    PROS:
    - Good animations;

- Very well written;
    - Amazing character development;
    - Sandbox is not about grinding;

- Simple story, but it is very well represented, a good sense of humor is also present.

Neutral:
    - The art looked good from the outside, but the body details of the characters aren't very well done (Needs improvements).

CONS:
    - Lack of hint system

- The minigame is really pointless
    Games like these tend to have problems, but there is room for improvement.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

verdentta

Great game! Love the art and the storyline. Can't wait for more! Please keep working on this, it'll definitely get attention over time for sure!!! The animation is unreal!! I can't wait for future updates for this game. I hope this also doesn't get abandoned early either.