Language issue when trying to play "Devils were tempted by ballad of anima"

Sepulchure

Jan 18, 2019
Hi, i've been trying to play "Devils were tempted by ballad of anima", (悪魔を誘う唄 ) a game by touhou-marupon-do and the lenguage is completely messed up, none of the other games so far showed to have this issue. I've tried changing my System Location to Japan and still it didn't work. Here's some pics to ilustrate the problem?

Reactions: Damian888

throwaywy

Apr 29, 2019
Hi. I had problems running it too, and it's hard to understand the proper fix at first.
You're going to need to change the language your system runs for non-unicode programs, which can vary depending on what you're using. Are you using windows 10? If so, you can go into languages and access the administrative settings for languages to change the language to Japanese for that and it should fix, as long as you don't use the beta option they have listed. You may have to redownload the game, but it should solve it and show the proper characters after.

bro111

Dec 19, 2017
use locel emulator. seems to work fine 327776
Hi. I had problems running it too, and it's hard to understand the proper fix at first.
You're going to need to change the language your system runs for non-unicode programs, which can vary depending on what you're using. Are you using windows 10? If so, you can go into languages and access the administrative settings for languages to change the language to Japanese for that and it should fix, as long as you don't use the beta option they have listed. You may have to redownload the game, but it should solve it and show the proper characters after.
Hi, i've been trying to play "Devils were tempted by ballad of anima", (悪魔を誘う唄 ) a game by touhou-marupon-do and the lenguage is completely messed up, none of the other games so far showed to have this issue. I've tried changing my System Location to Japan and still it didn't work. Here's some pics to ilustrate the problem?

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Most Japanese games from DLSite can be found on .