VN - Ren'Py - Lasting Connections [v1.13] [Abyss Exploration]

1. 2.00 star(s)

N0madS0uL

All I can say is "huh?"

This game starts off weird and when I say weird, I mean it just happens, the game just drops you in the deep end so to speak. There is no context for anything happening. The MC, which you can't name and has a really weird name is talking to someone who is i am guessing there to "guide" the player but there is again no context, it just spits out a room and dialogue that makes the player ask "what the f*ck is happening"

The models look decent, I wont complain about that, that is the only reason I have it 2 stars, else it would have been 1. That being said, early on the "madam" of the house stands at a table, like a robot, doing nothing, looking like she is jacked into a charge bay...

Then the dialogue, its also terrible, the MC is lost in thought but his thoughts are almost one of some alien observer, no context and it appears being human is a very odd thing for him to come to terms with. At least that's the best way I can find to describe him.

The interaction between the sister and brother (mc) is also so unnatural and the dialogue is clearly very poorly thought out, whatever the story is suppose to be it was thrown together included the script over a weekend while the dev was stoned.

The sister uses the worth "brother" so often that I am sure the dev wants to emphasize and hammer home the idea of these two being siblings to the player, but why? We clearly know they are siblings after the first few mentions and then there is the question of "who speaks that way?!"

I just started it and was so annoyed at this game that I had to post something here to discourage people from playing this mess of a game. Shift + Delete