RPGM - Laura's alien caverns [v0.0.04] [Twisted Stone Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

YuriiH

For its v0.0.04, this is mainly a niche fetish game with tentacles and slugs and similar. Unfortunately, there are some booooooring ugly old bastard and shota young men inclusions spoiling a bit of the overal impression.

The visuals, CG scenes, and the mechanics about 'collecting' monsters on the character's body are pretty decent.
    Moreover, you don't 'die' if your character drops to zero, which is also great for this kind of games. Detailed statistics of 'defeats' and intercourses would be nice to have, but not mandatory.

So, for the first release, I think the game deserves 5/5, despite some minor flaws.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Yllarius

Honestly, the opening probably needs streamlined a bit and theres some refinement needed, but overall I actually enjoyed it.

The art is really solid, and it's got a lot of promise for future mechanics.

The game is a bit clunky however, and likes to be rather obtuse about what to do. If the dev simply added clues into where to go in maze segments or what to find in areas like finding where the door crystals are it'd be great.

Enemies can be a bit much, and using E to attack is clunky. Adding AoE to attacks would make this much more bearable, or simply reducing the amount of enemies.

Overall, I'd recommend giving it a try, and sticking with it a bit to see past the initial issues. I personally think it has great potential, and is only held back by a bit of clunkyness and issues thats pretty standard for a new developer
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Frurose

I thought I would give this a try. After a decent start, I am forced to another planet. I was interested in playing the starting area, but ok. So, the new world begins with an RPG maker logic free maze, yuck. Made it through that and had an interesting evening with the old man. Off to a new maze that now slows you for half of your time there. Eventually there is a locked door and no apparent way to get through. No problem, you just need to walk all over the slow down maze while constantly fighting off irritating mobs that will re-spawn infinity and hopefully figure out how to trigger the door. After making several laps between the gated entry point and the locked door, I realized that this developer is either the last person to ever discover RPG maker, or someone that has played RPG maker games and knows what the most irritating things are in these games. I'll assume that no one would try to make a game in an engine that they have never seen before, so that means that they deliberately made the game this irritating and it is only the second release. Everyone should run from this game now and maybe take a peek back next year. As someone that usually enjoys RPG maker games, I have one thing to say about the beginning of this one...Byeeee.