VN - Others - Completed - Leane of Evil Blade [v1.27] [Makura Cover Soft]

1. 3.00 star(s)

LordFrz

Played without cheats, prob a mistake. Save yourself some time and just use them, the game is not really hard, just time consuming with its gameplay.

Gameplay kinda sucks, but seeing as it was the prequel game to Lean2 which I also hated the gameplay, I was expecting as much.

NTR story wise though its very solid. I went in concerned it would just be NTR on loss, but was very pleasantly surprised when the main villain stole the childhood sweet heart and fiance of the protag.

I would say this is worth a play with cheats on, but its not as good as Lean2.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

kR1pt0n1t3

A stripped-down version of Leane 2.

A lot smaller map, and a lot fewer characters, scenes, and other events than in the sequel. Battles are very simple with barely any skill usage. The story is so-so and I felt there were barely any events. It was still a fun game for me to play. I played on Black difficulty and smashed through the game in a few hours.

I give it a solid 3.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

InstaPrincess

I have been waiting so long for this! And let me just say that the translation is really a labor of love. It's excellent, detailed and actually conveys the emotions really well. A huge plus in a game like this.

The game is the prequel to a classic. It is less refined but similar, smaller too, but at the same time it manages to create the same spirit. If you liked Leane 2, you'll play this anyway and if you didn't, play both. The order doesn't matter.

To our dear translator: Your countless hours are appreciated by this one person at the very least. You made my day.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

ehendu

A game that really highlights NTR's (well, specifically netorare's) inability to make truly compelling long-form games. Overall, I'd probably rate this 2.5 stars despite just about everything about it being pretty solid.

The story is as good as you can hope for in an H-game, perhaps you might even consider it genuinely good writing even ignoring the H-aspects. 5/5 there.

The art is all quite solid, especially when you consider this came out in 2012. It's held up pretty well. We'll give it 5/5 in consideration of it's publishing date.

The mechanics are...a bit unwieldy to be honest. It's a strategy. A lot of point and click and some menu navigation. It takes a bit to get used to. And it largely just leaves the gist of how to play the game as an infodump at the the start. There is additional info in the menu for this. but it's all untranslated. Combine all this with some good ol' RNG fun and grinding and well, it's pretty mediocre mechanically overall. Ignoring the untranslated issue, I'd probably give it 3.5 stars here. However, this game is a strategy game and not being able to really reference game details without a screen-translator or sourcing a TL'd manual elsewhere is very sub-optimal. So 2.5/5 total here.

So were at an average of about 4 stars so far. So what gives? Well, this is an H-game, that's what. The story and mechanics are ultimately secondary when there's very minimal reward for "succeeding". This is a chronic issue in netorare games as the male leads PoV is that of the unknowingly cucked. So if you're playing their PoV, then by design the game either has to railroad the NTR to happen no matter what you do (player loses agency) or have the NTR predicated on you failing in-game objectives (player is incentivized to lose). Very few care at all to reward you with any CGs for succeeding in-game objectives and protecting your love-interest. Which in longer games means spending a lot of time playing an okay game or intentionally letting the male lead fail so you can see the scenes. Undoubtedly, this appeals to some given the existance of such games, but I'd by and large deem them as "unfun" and "grindy".

To it's credit, the Leane games do better than most longer netorare games in this aspect in that:
    • It isn't designed around you being able to reach a happy ending with every girl at once. You pick a girl and the rest you are largely expected to leave to whatever fate awaits them. In doing this, you still likely get scenes of the other girls being captured and corrupted.
    • There is a variety of difficulty levels, so you can make it genuinely challenging to not see any CG other than the scant few of MC with the love interest of choice.
    However, at the end of the day, this ultimately turns an otherwise solid H-game, into a game that is either "mediocre strategy game that penalizes you with R-18 content for losing" or "an H-game where you really just want to lose." Ultimately, this is a game where the gameplay feels like it punishes you for trying to play the game well, which is stifling and gets boring fast.

If you're not a die-hard netorare fan, this game is probably closer to a 2/5 stars game and really only worth the gallery (unlocked from the start). The gameplay will grow stale long before you approach clearing the game. If you really love netorare, I could maybe see this game hitting 4 stars, but I still think you'll probably grow bored of the repetitive game play well before you reach the ending.

Overall rating: 3/5 stars. Art and Story are good, game mechanics are mediocre, and overall gameplay is anywhere from rather grindy and repetitive to completely unrewarding depending on how much you enjoy netorare.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

kidlat020

I don't remember the last time I gave anything a complete 5/5, but this one deserves it. You will understand once you finished prologue. you will know exactly which part am I talking about. to keep the spoilers to a minimum, it's when you try taking Rohani city a 2nd time.

In a way it was MC's fault for not listening to her pleas. God I hate myself for saying that. But it is what it is.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Shirobine

This dev's first forray into an SLG style H game development, previously only doing typical AVG, and boy what a time it was when this first came out. People couldn't stop praising this game, and for good reason.

Harem based NTR with capture and corruption mechanics. The fetishes are wholely centered on NTR type B, though there is a happy ending. The ability to voyuer into the waifu's capture status as she's slowly corrupting and eventually succumbs to their dick is well detailed with a decent chunk of HCG for each girl. Eventually the waifu will join the enemy force, they can also get pregnant after awhile though it's just a standing picture change. The main drawback from this H game is the lack of HCG, despite having over 40+ images they have to split it harem style, meaning if you're a picky eater you might not be able to fully enjoy what this title can offer. Otherwise, this is an easy title to pick up and play, after you beat the prologue anyway.

I recommend you play the sequel to this H game afterwards. It's better in every regard with double the content, a true five star title.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

elhlyn

For anyone who skipped to reading the reviews, the game is predominantly netorare and really meant for ntr fans. You can play the game avoiding getting cucked (as a good chunk of the ntr comes from not saving your captured allies in time), however because not only the fact that the majority of the sex comes from the girls becoming the village bicycle, even romancing other characters is almost discourages you from getting pussy by making you only focus on 1 character at a time as appose to multitasking like a good hentai protagonist.

That being said, I don't like the game because of.... well.... the game. the gameplay itself just feels unwieldy and the supposed gameplay you have for this game is so pointless it honestly would have been better if it was a visual novel (because much of the game is blatant busy work and a coin toss to whether you win or lose.