VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Leap of Faith [Ch. 8] [DriftyGames]

1. 5.00 star(s)

rylenops

One of the most emotional AVNs I've had the pleasure of playing. Everything about the characters and writing in this game feels so real and vivid that every emotion that you experience in this game is incredibly authentic.

Definitely recommend for people looking for an AVN that is more serious in tone and deals with serious topics. This game has some of the most lighthearted and happy moments in any AVN too. I definitely put this game up with some of the greats like BAD and Eternum.

A must-try for those looking for a serious and touching storytelling experience through this medium.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Swanderer

Wow. Get ready to feel deep emotions with this one. Have not cried this much in a long time. Feels good though. Lost my best friend to suicide in 1985. This game helped me finally come to terms with the loss. And I feel much better now. Still sad, but not so depressed. Drifty is right. With suicide, there are no winners. Thank you Drifty. Sorry for your loss. Played it through twice now. Choose Cece both times.....tough not to. I am afraid of what happens to her if I don't. Best game ever. Play it. You won't regret it.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Lexarks

I love this game. too easy? care to elaborate? sure.

This game made me(who must masturbate 4-5 times aday to stay sane) stop care about sex scene and all I want is to stay with these characters more. I even skip sex scene not because its not good. but I want to go back to be cheeky/cliche with my FRIENDS more. sometime I even refuse to have sex with LIs because I don't want to change our relation dynamic between us in the group... its that good.

Dev might have no idea how much this VN hit home for me, SPOILER ahead!!!

Characters (I will only wrote who I think actually is best)
    1.MC&Chris: the friend dynamic of this 2 made me laugh out loud more times than I can count. and the singing while cleaning naked with headphone on. yep that me every weekend. the choices MC do or says almost matched what I want to do. its so good to felt so much related with MC while play as him.
    And I got betrayed once by my ex. and still hurtful after 10 years, this game also gave me the closure on this matter that in the end I have a choice to forgive and moving on.

2. Cece : damn she look good (maybe because she look a lot like me and I'm kinda narcissistic myself, yep Im male with feminine looking), dev really good on how to show what people with this kind of symptom actually felt and act. I know one, she is my mom and I taken care of her for 30 years. if you meet someone like Cece in real life. its harsh to says this, but leave them alone. you can't FIX them. I suffered before. trust me. I saw my dad suffered enough and he ended his life in the end.
    *I actually ended up with Cece in my first run, because I want to fix her due to I have failed irl. this game give me that satisfaction. thank you so much dev.

for the others I like Lexi(will go for her in 2nd run if I can leave Cece alone this time, lord give me strength to not felt empathy with her this time) and love to be friend with others.

Music
    I will talk only with restoration mod. it so good. the music really matters for me and this game use music that uplift your mood excellently. lot of songs ended up in my playlist for years now. I would love if dev go with their heart and do 2 versions with the one their felt right and the one with legal one.

The Cheekiness.
    I find myself have a slightly smiles on my face the whole time while play this game. the timing, the back&forth between characters. perfect!.

I played a lot of games in this site and I would says, until I find the next good one I will put this game as the best game I have played imo.
    (Artemis come really close to this one... again so relatable with MC and that lab underground with AI development. that's my dream come true(hardware/AI developer irl)... ok I shouldn't put that game's opinion here)

Please accept my apologize for my poor language. English is my third and Japanese keyboard doesn't help me at all.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

ravenquartz

[SPOILER ALERT]

I don't know what to say, this game is truly something else. I might not like the way this game looks because it was made pre-COVID, but who cares if the story is good.

This game starts with James (MC's default name) having a mundane life along with his best friend, Chris. James himself is also struggling to cope with his former lover, Stephanie, who was disappeared two years ago with no proper explanation. Everything seems alright-ish until James finds a girl who is waiting alone at a bus stop. That girl turned his life 180 degrees and every anwers he needs are starting to surface, including Stephanie's mysterious disappearance.

I'm not gonna write the entire summary there, so I'm going to talk things that are important.

1. The Graphics
    It's not the best looking AVN out there because just like what I said, this game was made during pre-COVID era. For people who are already spoiled with current AVNs and mostly playing them to masturbate, I think this game will disappoint you. For people who are mostly interested with the story like me, you might give this one a try.

2. The Story
    I actually like the story, it's not that short but also not that long. The creator says that this game was based from a personal experience of someone who was struggling with mental health issue. But I can tell that he's also put some references from TV series and books such as Homeland (Stephanie being a DHS agent and James' father connected to a terrorist cell in Afghanistan), BoJack Horseman (Cece's issue between depression and happiness), Notting Hill (the relationship between James and a pop star, Lexi), Friends (friendship and relationship between James, Chris, and Linda), and etc. He's also put multiple cameos from other AVNs as well, which is pretty refreshing to see. One thing that I really like about this game is that James isn't an idiot and young. He's not a teenager and he's probably around 24 or 25, just like me. He knows how to act like a proper adult.

3. Sex Scenes
    Well, since this game was made during pre-COVID era (I can't believe I said that again), don't expect this game to be that great regarding its sex scenes. Also, this game doesn't have sex scenes that much. This game isn't about sex btw, it's about a journey of someone. Go find another game if masturbation is your number one priority.

4. Choices and Consequences
    There's a lot of choices in this game, but around 58% of them aren't that major and detailed compared to Being a DIK. But still, don't let your guards down because even some choices seem unimportant, they will have a greater impact, depends on your playthrough. This game is also let you pick one of the girls to be your future girlfriend or wife. So if you're looking for harem, get the hell out of here.

Last but not least, I just want to say that I really appreciate the way Drifty designed Cece in this game. Her hair and her quirky demeanor reminded me a lot with my former crush in middle school. Her name is Cheryl, everyone calls her Cece too. She used to be my classmate for three years and it's been a long time I haven't talk to her. I feel like this game tells me to make a contact with her again, and I'll do it right away.

Anyway, I won't rate this game 5 out of 5 because there are things that need to be improved. If I'm being honest, I will rate this game 4.7 out of 5 at best. So yeah, I still recommend you to play this game.

Edit: fuck it, I'll give this game 5 out of 5 instead. Drifty deserved it.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

jgg

Outstanding game. Great writing. I actually felt emotions beyond horniness in this game.

A lot of really far-fetched coincidences, but I'm willing to roll with it.

Really enjoyed the game. So much so that I played a few times with different girls.

Would have loved a harem option.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Raynare69

Leap of Faith [Ch. 8]

Pros:
    + Pulls at many different emotions throughout the story
    + Overall story is very emotionally engaging
    + Characters interactions feel geniune
    + Choices feel like they matter
    + Music felt really great and very fitting
    + Humor is great at times
    + Good replayability

Cons:
    - Story can feel a bit unbelievable at times, takes big leaps in development
    - Overall story might not be for everyone, especially those just looking for light fun or fap

My favorite completed visual novel out there to this date. This game is a masterpiece that will take anyone through a roller coast of emotions. I laughed, I cried, I got teary eyed. And at certain points I got massive nerd chills. The music is well done and fits the mood of the scenes, with many different choices that matter and different paths.

Overall Rating: 10/10
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Winterstale

Oh, what began as a lighthearted romp swiftly transformed into a gripping emotional journey in the latter half of the game. 'Leap of Faith' masterfully elicits a plethora of emotions from the player, deftly weaving a tale that delves into the complexities of human experience.

The game introduces a diverse cast of characters, each with their own intricacies and personal struggles that unfold gradually throughout the narrative. While the renders may not boast top-tier quality, they nevertheless contribute to the game's immersive atmosphere, with each scene meticulously crafted to captivate the player's attention.

What truly sets 'Leap of Faith' apart is the developer's remarkable ability to breathe life into the game's world. Through charming animations, well-curated musical selections, and heartwarming character interactions, the dev succeeds in imbuing the game with warmth and depth.

From moments of endearing sweetness to gut-wrenching sorrow, 'Leap of Faith' traverses a spectrum of emotions with finesse and grace. If you're seeking an adult game that offers more than just sexual content — a game with a genuinely compelling and well-structured narrative—then 'Leap of Faith' is undoubtedly a title worth experiencing. Just be prepared for the emotional rollercoaster that awaits—and perhaps keep a tissue handy for a certain poignant moment.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

tomacgia

This game is absolutely fantastic! I adore the characters, the stories, the music—everything about it. Especially Cece, she's the best girl ever. Her story truly impressed me, that bridge scene... I cried so fucking much, I almost quit the game. But in the end, I completed her route, and that's exactly what she deserved. Thank you immensely, Driffy, for creating this amazing masterpiece.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Daandas

Honestly, i didnt expect anything starting this gem. But fuck me sideways, this thing is kinda like the James Gunns Guardians movies, you come for a quick laugh and end up crying ... small warning though, if you are not in the best state of mind or had some mental stuff yourself, be carefull, because this one hits HARD.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

sighonara

This game was better than I could have ever imagined. The emotional ride I was taken on was amazing. The sugar-high and the tragic lows were amazing, and I wish every game was this emotion-rich.

And the fact that it was based on the creators own experience just makes it that much more poignant.

Can't recommend enough!
  11. 1.00 star(s)

TerranPI

A very weak, very stupid game with a lot of assumptions. Starting with the rescue of Sisi, when the MC goes from a bus stop in the opposite direction from home to stumble upon a mentally ill suicidal woman. Continuing with Lexi's stupidest crush on MC, at a bar and then inviting him and all his friends to her house. Why all of a sudden? Ending with an absolutely ridiculous ex-girlfriend story, with an idiotic special assignment. I do not recommend playing this kind of game, only if you are not at all interested in the coherence and logic of the plot.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Tatsubasa

The best drama experience of all those games at this forum, by FAR.

May contain Spoilers

Brothers, I'm just amazed. Watch a jorney! I'm new at this subreddit and also new at Avn World. Right after college, I moved to a new country all by myself and left all my loved ones “behind”, 6 Thousand miles away. It was a very thoughtful decision and sometimes, on cold nights the darkness used to smile at me. But in one of my late at-night loneliness, I found Being a Dik and became addicted to it. Now waiting for episode 10, I saw some fellas recommending Leap of Faith, and, after I saw a dude comment “The Queen of the Avn’s” in a fan art of Cece with Maya, I decide to give it a try... and daaamn, even the programmed name of the MC was “James”, my real name. I'm writing this with tears in my eyes. I lost my best buddy to suicide a couple of months ago. He just left me some voice messages and a single task to do. The end of chapter 6 hit me down inside because I really know that pain. Desperate trying to hold a loved one before the fall. I went to work right after it and well... I was desperate for a hug. Might Be Toxic by Faith Richards was in a loop on my car radio. The OST of this game is simply amazing.

The last two chapters were magic to me. The pain and sadness went away and left a sweet nostalgic feeling of not only the best moments of the game but also, of my life and how much I want to find new people and found the woman of my life.

And about the paths, I have not played the Robin and Kira solo paths only. My top one is a tie. Cece and Lexi.

Cece, I can’t even put into words how she makes me feel. She's so adorable and so sweet that just makes me love her and her addiction to coffee. Her stealing our glass of coffee at Lexi's house, singing “coffee, coffee, coffee” without realizing Lexi and MC, and our first sex scene remember my first girlfriend and give me a roller-coaster of different feelings. Cece is just... a queen. Her pregnancy at the end gave me a really big smile. I could write about her for hours, but let's move on...

Lexi is the "behind of the mask" thing. Above and beyond a pretty face and a hot body. When I was playing, I used to think to myself "If was me, I for sure would propose to her at one of her shows, on the stage". And I just can't believe that it happens! The final scene with her in the bathroom was just LOL.

Right after, I went to Sthef because of two things. First, I know how is keeping loving a woman after two years of a breakup. It’s a thing that I really need to leave behind. Second is that I think the storyline is a little better than the path of Linda or the Throuple. Don't get me wrong, It's not a dislike of either of them, I LOVE all the branches and enjoyed every piece of them. Love is love, I'm right? I also like the idea of Linda and Chris staying together if he’s not with Holly (The boat scene with her and Lexi was one of my favorites).

Just amazed guys. The role game also gives me a vibe of the clip of Ocean Drive by Duke Dumont (I really recommend you to go see and listen to it. It’s one of my favorite songs)

Now, some questions (thank you for reading until here <3 )

James, Kevin, and Chris look to the stars at the end and see something. I didn’t get it or the meaning of it. "No idea".

I also would like to know which are your favourite girls and why. I will really enjoy reading about your experiences with the game fellas.

And there's another ANV as good as LoF? I mean, with really lovely characters like Cece, not necessarily with heavy dark drama but it is a plus. Love some comedy too. Thank you, and all the best to you and yours.

Best Wishes, James Oliveira. P.S.: English is not my first language so, pardon me for my poor choice of words.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

sfktm

I cried playing this game, I don't think I can give better review than that. I think this took a lot of effort both mentally and physically, I thank the creators for this wonderful experience. The story, the music, the character design, everything.. is amazing. Even though this is supposed to be an adult game, this is still a master piece without all of that.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

wolvorine

The game unfolds in a meticulously crafted world, rich in lore and detail. The storytelling is not just a backdrop but an integral part of the gameplay, seamlessly blending with the mechanics to create a truly immersive experience. Every character, every location, and every piece of dialogue contributes to the overall narrative tapestry, making the player feel like an active participant in a living, breathing story.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

GrandeMazza

The best VN out here in my opinion, I even pledged on Patreon when the last chapter came out. The story is amazing, with a lot of plot twists and very branch-based so you can have a lot of game time. The scenes are also good, not excellent but still top level.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Sirfapalot69

This one left me happy, sad, devastated and then happy again. I came for the sex but stayed for the characters. They were really cool and I guess for many people at least one of them was relatable. I can only applaude the developer.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

PeeButtNutter

This game will absolutely fuck you up.

It might even make you cry.

But in a good way. Holy shit. I don't know what else to say, The story of this game will stick with you for a long time, perhaps forever. Go play it.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Ass Fan

By far one of the best games with deep themes. Leap of Faith does this with great honors, from my perspective this is not a game for everyone - it was one of the first games with a heavy theme that I played at a fateful moment in my life. Note: to date I have only managed one route with Cece and it was a good ending. It's a very realistic game when it addresses depression – even though it is unique to each person. – suffering and difficulty are painful in any way and anywhere.
    Ultimately, it's a game with a different background than those commonly used, it brought a completely unusual and incredibly captivating setting. I honestly hope to see more games like this.
  19. 3.00 star(s)

MR42A1

This AVN is an immesurable dissapointment and ruined my day.

I decited to take a "Leap of Faith" on this since I saw it being called a "masterpiece" made by a "genius". Its not even close, but knowing other projects that were called that, I knew not to get my hopes up.

Now, why a 3/5?
    Simply, this AVN in my opinion has two parts. The Good (Chapters 1 - 4), and The Bad (Chapters 5 - 8). I originaly wanted to give it a 2/5 since its not complete trash, but after some consideration I am giving it a generous 3.

Okay, so why so negative?
    Wasted potential, thats why. Tons and tons of wasted potential.

For example, in the world of the VN, there is a famous, rich and beautiful popstar, Lexi, that the MC gets the attention of, who you can get romanticaly involved with. Naturally, she was my choice.
    The sheer potential of you, a random nobody, getting together with a world famous popstar is immense.
    So many things you can explore there. How does it impact you, being in the spotlight? How do you maintain a relationship with somebody who is constantly touring around the world? What is a person, that from age 7 is a famous musician, really like?
    The story seems to go into the direction of exploring that, until it just doesnt. You get a mention of Lexi's childhood and her messed up sexual history. And then the story drops it and it doesnt get explored further.
    Long distance relationship? Plane. So she can be everywhere always, as the plot demands it.
    Life in the spotlight? Doesnt matter, you never deal with anything, because its a super-duper well kept secret, even if you are being very public with it.

And that is just one part of the wasted potential. Plot points get thrown out, really meaningful and impactful moments are dulled by the dev not commiting to it fully. The whole hook of the game, your girlfriend vanishing, is solved by Chapter 4 and never brought up again. Just a massive waste of potential, and more importantly, time.

If you are thinking of playing it, I can recommed Chapters 1 - 4, maybe 5. Anything beyond, except an important event at the end of Chapter 6 is pointless and leads nowhere.
  20. 4.00 star(s)

Liv08

Well.. this VN is like watching a Disney movie or some movie for teens, literally..

Not a cup of my tea but I appreciate the good vibes and wholesome humor, so it's an enjoyable story. CeCe is utterly pretty, my kind of girl <3 <3 <3

As negatives points I would bring the tasks and phone system, a pain in the ass. Also how rushed is the story..