Mod RPGM Legend of Queen Opala II Golden Edition Zeroshark Mod [v1.1] [zeroshark]

zeroshark

Sep 28, 2020

Overview:
Add some feature and improvement check features spoiler​

Updated: 9/6/2021
Game/Creator: / Legend of Queen Opala II Golden Edition
Modder: zeroshark
Mod Version: 1.1
Game Version: 1.0
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Keyboard Shortcut:

Installation:

Credits:

Download:

2021-06-09_10-37-47.png 2021-06-09_10-39-15.png 2021-06-09_10-45-28.png

Torcha

Mar 27, 2022
Tried it, but unfortunately this did not work for me. I tried reinstalling a new version of LOQO 2 and from the one available on this site which is already unpacked, and still couldn't get this to work. Game would load to main menu, I'd click continue, and then load in. As soon as I started moving, I'd get this type of error:
1648520330926.png

If it's not compatible with game saves, that's fine, I'll just go without. Found this after putting a few hours in and enjoying without, but this mod seemed super promising. Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Torcha

Mar 27, 2022
Update, I looked at your other thread for the Origins mod and found that you'd had a similar issue with someone and uploaded a file there. I grabbed the same file, the System.rxdata one, and it actually helped...with one of my saves, in the starting area by the first castle. However, up at the North Gate of the capital city, the game still crashes with a similar error there. What stinks is on that other save it seems like it's good to go and all features worked that I got to try. Would love if you could take a look, I'll attach my two save files, first one works if you have that system file, second one doesn't if you go up at all on the map. Both crash without the system file.
1648529691743.png

Reactions: zeroshark

Torcha

Mar 27, 2022
Okay, one more update here. It seems that the issue is caused by loading a save on the world map and then going either right or down. These are the two directions that are used in the tilemap to help with I think screen scaling.

Now, surprisingly, it seems to initialize right/down movement fine in a full level(not overview map), and then if you return to the overview map, it now allows you to go right or down without giving an error. So, I've got a potential fix for anyone else like me who downloads this, tries to use it on existing saves(or if it happens anytime you first get to overworld map).

IF YOU GET THE ERROR I GOT FOLLOW THESE STEPS

1. Download the System file that zeroshark put in his LOQO Origins Mod thread.
2. Install this in you main folder where the Game.exe file is. DO NOT GO INTO YOUR DATA FOLDER TO REPLACE THE MATCHING FILE, THIS WILL MAKE IT LOOK FOR OTHER GAME RESOURCES.
3. This should allow you to start a new game and play just fine with the mod, hooray! Don't ask how it works, I have no idea.
4. If you're trying to load an existing save and you happen to have left it on the overworld map, you can try one of two things.
a. Revert game to before this mod, get off the overworld map, save, then reinstall mod and move around a bit, then go to overworld map, it should work fine.
b. If you don't want to go through all that hassle, then you must move into a location from the map using ONLY LEFT OR UP MOVEMENT KEYS! If you do right or down, it will crash your game.

zeroshark

Sep 28, 2020
Okay, one more update here. It seems that the issue is caused by loading a save on the world map and then going either right or down. These are the two directions that are used in the tilemap to help with I think screen scaling.

Now, surprisingly, it seems to initialize right/down movement fine in a full level(not overview map), and then if you return to the overview map, it now allows you to go right or down without giving an error. So, I've got a potential fix for anyone else like me who downloads this, tries to use it on existing saves(or if it happens anytime you first get to overworld map).

IF YOU GET THE ERROR I GOT FOLLOW THESE STEPS

1. Download the System file that zeroshark put in his LOQO Origins Mod thread.
2. Install this in you main folder where the Game.exe file is. DO NOT GO INTO YOUR DATA FOLDER TO REPLACE THE MATCHING FILE, THIS WILL MAKE IT LOOK FOR OTHER GAME RESOURCES.
3. This should allow you to start a new game and play just fine with the mod, hooray! Don't ask how it works, I have no idea.
4. If you're trying to load an existing save and you happen to have left it on the overworld map, you can try one of two things.
a. Revert game to before this mod, get off the overworld map, save, then reinstall mod and move around a bit, then go to overworld map, it should work fine.
b. If you don't want to go through all that hassle, then you must move into a location from the map using ONLY LEFT OR UP MOVEMENT KEYS! If you do right or down, it will crash your game.
Someone messaged me this version have a lot of issue with the assets, I already make new version of this but haven't tested yet
I'll upload when I have time to test it

Reactions: Torcha

Torcha

Mar 27, 2022
Someone messaged me this version have a lot of issue with the assets, I already make new version of this but haven't tested yet
I'll upload when I have time to test it
No worries, as I said this worked well with your file from the Origins thread, as long as you didn't try to initialize the mod on the world map. I've really enjoyed using it and it's just fantastic for QOL. Thank you so much for making it available for both.

I finished the first LOQO and was a little annoyed with it, decided to play the other two and was feeling similar annoyances, but your mod is great. Especially love the art switch you added, that's just really cool to switch on the fly. I was able to get a better idea for scene variety. For my money, Eastern looks nicer, but Western actually tries to portray the scenes more accurately. Like the Eastern person who got commissioned didn't full understand the request, but was damn talented.

And of course, thank god for the sprint and ability to hide dialogue windows, along with a couple other tweaks that are all welcome. You're a legend in my eyes. A Legend of Queen Opala.

Exproject

Jan 6, 2022
So this mod still has the issue of the game crashing on a existing save file?

If i start a game from scratch using this mod will i get the same issues?

Torcha

Mar 27, 2022
So this mod still has the issue of the game crashing on a existing save file?

If i start a game from scratch using this mod will i get the same issues?
Until it's updated, yeah, it might have that issue for you, but as I detailed in the steps above, it is possible to install mid game. Really the best thing you could do is make a save with the game unmodded where you aren't on the world map, then install mod, load that save. If you load on the world map, you'll have to do the steps I detailed.

Exproject

Jan 6, 2022
Until it's updated, yeah, it might have that issue for you, but as I detailed in the steps above, it is possible to install mid game. Really the best thing you could do is make a save with the game unmodded where you aren't on the world map, then install mod, load that save. If you load on the world map, you'll have to do the steps I detailed.
I see. Well, i will wait until there is better progress with the mod, as it looks very good and deals with a lot of issues i had with the game.

Torcha

Mar 27, 2022
Whatever you wanna do man. It's 100% usable as is, just have to make sure you initialize it in the correct setting, then you're good. There's no promise this guy will EVER update it again. So you're essentially waiting to use a mod for an issue it has that is already avoidable. Sure, there could be other issues, but I've literally seen zero issues over another 10ish hours of play.

Lookatdis

Oct 29, 2018
This mod isnt working properly for me,if i start the game it changes into a Blackscreen,then the start menu of the game pops up in fullscreen with an abysmal resolution,if i press the windows key,instead of showing me my task bar it reverts back to my desktop and if i try to press f5/f6 keys instead of minimizing the resolution it just cuts of a part where the middle would be instead of chaning it into the default rpg resolution. Furthermore if i press the keys to minimize,my background resolution drops dramatically as well almost if trying to mimick the original rpgm resolution,it honestly gives my eyes cancer how much it hurts to look at it. I downloaded the third Opala game with the corresponding mod as well and got the same issues i described,but i somehow managed to make it work by changing the mod config which i couldnt find for this mod version.

Maybe someone can help me whats wrong and give me a solution.

Last edited:
Reactions: janetheamn

Shi Tsu

Aug 28, 2019
well, i dont recommend anyone play on this mod, after kill the final boss and some post game dialogue , my game screen turn white and stuck there (wasted my 24 hours on this games). Proof (save 2 is before defeat the final boss) (save 3 is in postgame dialogue before the whitescreen happen).