Mod Lessons in Love Progress and Guide Mod [v0.39.0] [cckerberos]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017

Overview:
A mod to provide the player with event guidance and improved access to stats

Mod updates alongside public releases of the game (so about two weeks after the game leaks here)

It is recommended to delete your existing "game\progress mod" before installing the new 0.36.0 version.​

Updated: 2024-04-20
Game/Creator: Selebus - - - -
Modder: cckerberos
Mod Version: 0.39.0
Game Version: 0.39.0
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

FAQ:

Installation:

Developer Notes:

Change-Log:

Last edited:

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
To flesh out what I wrote in the mod's readme file a bit more, I took advantage of the long hiatus caused by Patreon's demands to Sel to substantially rework how the mod worked under the hood. I have done a fair amount of testing and everything seems to be working fine, but I have not done a full replay of the game, so please let me know if you run into any errors.

The two biggest changes for people who used the mod before will be how exclamation points work on the progress screen and the addition of the new hints tracker. Exclamation points are now only shown if a girl has an event hint available (they used to be shown for all girls who you haven't completed all events for). You can change back to the old way on the options screen if you prefer. The mod is also a little more restrictive on what events it will show hints for.

These changes have been implemented to address the biggest issue I've seen from new players getting into the game: every girl has events available so it's hard to know how to move forward. I suspect a lot of old-time players will also start over with the early game revamp, so they should benefit as well.

cthulu2024

Jan 31, 2020
This new version is still quite handy but it would be better with an option for happy/secret hints (I'm stuck at 183/184 main events with no idea if I'm missing something or there is a bug - 367/367 for girl events and 13/13 for happy)

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
This new version is still quite handy but it would be better with an option for happy/secret hints (I'm stuck at 183/184 main events with no idea if I'm missing something or there is a bug - 367/367 for girl events and 13/13 for happy)
The mod already includes hints for happy events. They aren't shown in the new hint tracker, but if you click on "Happy" on the Progress screen, you'll see them.

The 183/184 thing is due to a bug in the main game that I didn't realize was still around (I mentioned it to Selebus a few weeks ago but I guess he hasn't added the fix yet). If everything is checked off in the Chapter 2 tracker, you're all caught up.

Reactions: cthulu2024

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
looks pretty good. I guess it probably wouldn't break saves if I play future versions without it, would it?

Haven't played for over a year, as it's a heavy plot game I'm starting over, this will help a lot.

stabrepete

Dec 5, 2020
Im gettting a exception "u progress mod is not a screeen or a labal" when trying to use this with the current version I added the line like the faq said

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
Im gettting a exception "u progress mod is not a screeen or a labal" when trying to use this with the current version I added the line like the faq said
That error makes it sound like you made the change to screens.rpy but didn't actually install the mod.

If you did install the mod, where is the file progress_screen.rpy located?

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
There's a bug in the current version of the mod where trying to view the main event tracker for chapter 2 while you're still in chapter 1 will cause an error.

I don't think it's important enough to upload a new version of the mod for, but anyone can use the following fix in the meantime if they care. Just add it to your progress mod folder and overwrite the existing file.

Reactions: Ive-11 and m4pII

cthulu2024

Jan 31, 2020
He doesn't update it until it's public

Maya
Saturday morning, don't need to do anything
Miku
Dorm any time, then Sunday afternoon call (Maybe Saturday also)
Otoha
Sunday Morning @ Park (Maybe Saturday also)

Reactions: megahack and GeePic

GeePic

Nov 22, 2019
step by step guide on how to activate older progress mod on a newer version of the game add the "textbutton _("Progress") action ShowMenu('progressmod')" line on the step 3

edit: PNGs are not showing for me for some reason probably something wrong with f95 server I will wait for a while and edit after I can see the PNGs

edit: 2 finally I can see the PNGs now I'm gonna explain the steps

Step: 0 put the mod into game folder

step: 1 and step:2 scroll through the game folder until you see screens file there are two screens files another one is rpy file and the other one is rpyc file click the rpy file and open it with notepad or with something else that you can edit that file

step: 3 go to line 379 (you can see the lines in the notepad labeled as Ln in the right down corner) and add "textbutton _("Progress") action ShowMenu('progressmod')" text to it just like in the step 3 PNG

Last edited:

Arrohon

Mar 3, 2021
Do you not write the update until public release, or do you just wait until public release to release your update? It'd be cool if you could work it out with Selebus to have the updated version of the mod somewhere that only subscribers can access, like subscriber specific Discord channels or his Subscribestar/Patreon. Definitely understand if that isn't possible.

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes