Mod Lessons in Love Progress and Guide Mod [v0.41.0] [cckerberos]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

skummel37

Dec 21, 2020
I got the "Out of memory" issue, then I have done the "upgrade Renpy" fix. However, now the guide mod gets an uncaught exception. Somehow if I start a new game the mod works again, but it would be nice if I didn't have to do that.
Anyone have experienced something similar, or maybe cckerberos has an idea?

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
I got the "Out of memory" issue, then I have done the "upgrade Renpy" fix. However, now the guide mod gets an uncaught exception. Somehow if I start a new game the mod works again, but it would be nice if I didn't have to do that.
Do you encounter the error in all save games?

skummel37

Dec 21, 2020
Do you encounter the error in all save games?
Well thought! I checked my saves, and it seems that saves around chapter 3 still work. I don't have neatly organized saves, but I will try to speed through the game and see if I can find the point the mod breaks.

Edit: I sped through the game up until one of my broken saves, and the mod still works. So I guess something just broke somewhere along the way.

Last edited:

Brainos

Aug 18, 2017
Maybe you can try this.

I mentioned this bug in the thread before, but it seems cckerberos did not adopt it.

Hello, thanks for your awesome mod.
I try to rebuild this game with Renpy 8.0.3 and I found some bugs in this mod.
Code:
  File "game/progress mod/code.rpy", line 732, in next_vals
    if self.event_list[i].triggers[stat + "_req"] > eval(self.name.lower() + "_" + stat):
TypeError: '>' not supported between instances of 'int' and 'str'
I'm not very good at python programming, I try to fix this with:
Code:
diff --git a/progress mod/code.rpy b/progress mod/code.rpy
index c0221b4..8396385 100644
--- a/progress mod/code.rpy  
+++ b/progress mod/code.rpy  
@@ -728,8 +728,8 @@ init python:
             for stat in ["love", "lust"]:
                 found = False
                 for i in range(len(self.event_list)):
-                    if not self.event_list[i].completed and found == False:
-                        if self.event_list[i].triggers[stat + "_req"] > eval(self.name.lower() + "_" + stat):
+                    if not self.event_list[i].completed and found == False and not eval(self.name.lower() + "_" + stat) == "N/A":
+                        if self.event_list[i].triggers[stat + "_req"] > int(eval(self.name.lower() + "_" + stat)):
                             if stat == "love":
                                 self.next_love = self.event_list[i].triggers[stat + "_req"]
                             else:
And this line in some files:
Code:
$ renpy.show_screen("overlay_scr", transient=False, zorder=100)
According to , the right code should be:
Code:
$ renpy.show_screen("overlay_scr", _transient=False, _zorder=100)
I made three patch files to fix these bugs, I tested that these fixes can also be used to the original game. And I hope this would't bother you, thanks again.

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes