Let's make a little fun of DeviantArt craziness...

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
No sense in that. Like I previously stated, imo, it's because people are more and more having difficulty distinguishing fiction from reality...
Yes, but it's the devs who have trouble distinguishing, not anybody complaining.
Because it's the devs who put it on even through it wouldn't help if there was an actually issue.
The disclaimer is like saying "No homo" while you fuck a guy.
It's worthless with no meaning, other than an imaginary comfy blanket.

People who have problems with distinguishing fiction from reality will still complain and report the game, no matter of this pseudo-protection. And what so you think how much this disclaimer helped westy when he was busted?

However, if you're talking about the newest games that have such disclaimer, they also range from Japanese to western games. And indie games don't usually tend to have such disclaimer. :unsure:
Pretty much every western game here is an indie game, because none of them have a publisher and done by amateurs.
And nearly all of them have that "all characters are 18+" disclaimer.

MDashK

Mar 21, 2020
Pretty much every western game here is an indie game, because none of them have a publisher and done by amateurs.
And nearly all of them have that "all characters are 18+" disclaimer.
Ah wait. I wasn't referring games from here or adult games specifically. I was referring to games in general.

But yeah: with disclaimer or not, people that have issues separating fiction from reality are still going to complain, are still going to self-identify and project themselfs with fictional characters, and are still going to not know to separate real world and fiction... :FacePalm:

Gambitf95

Jul 11, 2017
If an 800yo elf could be considered as a loli, should goblin be considered as shota (they are both small and nasty) ? Should Deviantart ban all goblin "arts"?

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
It's dumb, but it is what it is. Nobody wants to deal with pedoshit, and a private company can do whatever they want. If a government does something similar, then we can have a discussion about freedom of expression and censorship.

bethrezen0

Jan 27, 2022
Again... Then why did you bother to post? :unsure:
I'm not sure you understood, but the main thing about this post is: DA worrying about what says in the fictional ID card of the character instead of the physical looks. Grown up looking characters being defined as underage by DA.
Your "pedo-hysteria loli debate" comparison made it sound like you were comparing drawings with real life children and completely disregard and ignore the topic at hand. Then again, maybe I misunderstood. Apologies if that was the case. :unsure:
Despite, well, if you are tired of "debate over fictional stuff", I'm tired of people mixing pedo's (aka people that abuse real life children) with drawings...
It's good you want some fun. So, again... Why bother posting? Infact, why even open the thread? Just ignore and go play something, right? :ROFLMAO:
Poor wording on my part, my bad. The "debate" part especially could be scrapped all together, not the right term. since it's not the debate itself i'm tired of, what i tried to say is kinda the same meaning as
I'm tired of people mixing pedo's (aka people that abuse real life children) with drawings...
I'm tired of people and companies who can't differentiate fiction from reality, and their asinine statements/rules like DA in first post screenshots, overall indulging in what i summarized as "pedo-hysteria loli debate". Didn't meant your topic or that i'm comparing drawings to real life by that.

And the rest is that when i saw the DeviantArt and making fun, in the title, i thought it would be about those things that were the hot topic back when i used the site, but now it came to this, and its sad. This doesn't have that much with the actual topic yes, but i just threw in my grievance about what DA has come to.

Hope that clarified the meaning of my post.

Reactions: MDashK