Ren'Py - Lewd Passenger [v0.8.0] [Druidly Games]

1. 4.00 star(s)

ShamusForSmut

Finding myself boarding a train that rolls through smut alley, I happened to stumble on a rather interesting, albeit bumpy ride.

Whether that ride is worth the ticket price is up to speculation, but so far it's been enjoyable. Some biases to keep in mind from me though is that this type of genre is one of my favorites which in spite of it's abundance as a meme for various doujins, hentai, and just being an overall perverted trope so much so that it affects the actual daily habits of Japan, the amount of games surrounding train Chikan can be counted on one hand with about (maybe) three of them being decent. I'm sure more are out there but many find themselves aged, lacking something and/or being outrightly repetitive (which this doesn't escape from). I have also given money to the dev as well in the past in hopes of getting a new version before the high seas could dredge them up.

Anywho, onto the review.

Lewd Passenger is a train chikan game, but one that lends itself to a titular lewd premise. The world is starting to realize that people are getting a bit too randy on the train, so they start implementing measures to have the police police people in not getting horny on a train. You however are a savvy chikaner that can navigate said pearl clutching and find others who are interested in sharing that seat with you. This of course lends itself to interacting with three girls, a business woman that's up for some fun, a student that shares the same view and an actual police officer that's on the watch for perps like you, needing to explore your methods and such. For investigational purposes of course.

The gameplay that trails with that is pretty decent, though one that at times feels like guesswork. And it does not find itself really evolving save for the recent version where now you can have threesomes. In spite of that, the gameplay mainly consists of you needing to chat up whoever girl you're going for, which has three tiers to it, chatting, flirting and outrightly suggestive talks, and once the girl is up for it, you can then ask them to start undressing while suggesting even lewder actions which would lead to outright banging.

That's pretty much the gameplay, the balance to all of this is both the time on the train before you get to your next stop alongside the prude police meter that when they either see you overtly having sex and/or their prude meter gets too high you get kicked out. Alongside this, you do have to get that lewd meter to the high end of the spectrum to get to the more rewarding scenes which at times it feels like the aforementioned guesswork. Sometimes they really are into flirting, but you can't really spam an option like that as sometimes it lowers the lewd bar so you switch to just chatting again which also lowers the bar and suddenly flirting just adds a massive amount to it, which makes this really feel like an RNG kind of deal as to what win or loss you're going to spin on keeping the lewd going. I'm sure there are personality types that the dev is trying to utilize, while also maintaining some means of a balance as to how and when to use the right option, but it feels as though it's never really outrightly stated on top of not having many chat clues either as to what is and isn't the right choice. (Hint suggestive gesture usually gets the ball rolling when you're halfway up the bar).

Which is a bit of a shame as I feel like a relationship meter that shows that yeah, we've done this before while also carrying something over such as characters dressing in more daring outfits or maybe being more suggestive in making moves the more rounds you do, would definitely enhance this roguelike sandboxey experience. Which unfortunately is absent no matter how many times you bang the same character, you still have to do the song and dance of raising them back up on wanting to have fun, talking the same old chats in spite of their lewd meter being just a bit higher than usual.

There are achievements that act as cheats the more you win however, such as making the grind easier to raise the lewd, and having them undress with just the click of a button, but it seems as though it's all there just to reduce the grind rather than outrightly award.

Aside from all that, I do feel as though this game is pretty damn good. The visuals are pretty nice, the amount of interaction you do get is pretty hot, and it is pretty swell to essentially interact with characters that want this but you just need to play your options right. I think it can benefit from more meat being added to the bones, in terms of having a more robust system to make the roguelike gameplay feel more rewarding other than just achievements such as the mentioned relationship system and with varying outfits added, and more options of course, but I do recommend this. It has grown significantly since it's first version and the variations of characters do feel different amongst each other in what they provide for gameplay and visuals.

Overall, not a bad train to get on, 4/5, potential 5 if the train conductor ever figures out how to make this a real ride to Lewdsville.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

AlexFenec

What a nice game!

The version 0.7 offers three situations where you interact with a lusty woman aboard a train car.

The world-building is simple and well shown trough a short intro and the gameplay itself: there is an exhibitionism problem, you and the women are part of the problem.

The women are sexy, eager to fuck once aroused and assertive enough to stop you if they need to. You need to convince them to open up while avoiding causing a fuss. It's a great way to have two consenting actors while still having a challenge to overcome.

The controls are not as intuitive as they could be for a gamer but improve immersion. Some important interactions to break the ice are triggered by the unassuming the "Casual Talk" after other actions, and the Wait button is essential for reducing the alert level. It's refreshing to have the characters react to what happens instead of acting like machines driven only by their Arousal level.

The game rewards you for completing a day without getting caught by making the woman start with higher arousal on the next day, although this resets if you change target. The game also tracks achievements for each girls and rewards you with various abilities you can use once per day with that girl, making it easier to complete other achievements or just get to the sexy part easier. These achievements are not reset after visiting a different woman.

Overall, I just love how this game focuses on the gameplay and interacting with the girls, with only enough story to set the ambiance.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

MikesDK

It had the potential to be a fun game, but gotta say i dident really like it much, not much time to get things done before you get busted and meter for that goes up from pretty much every single action, i did manage to get to fuck one of them once but thats about it.

Theres no story to this one either its just click the right choices in the right order before getting busted.

Graphics are a bit meh as well so not really much to come for and it dosent help that there is only 2 girls and the 3th is paywall.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

luwinkle

Decent idea but the timing mechanic is very annoying. Also 2/3rds of the girls are paywalled. So 1/3rd of the score. Or as close as I can get since I can't give a 1.5.

It'd be nice if there was a cheat version to make unlimited time. Or if someone figured out the console commands since it's renpy.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Rex Blue

Lewd Passenger is a sexy little game where you and a business lady fuck around on a train.

I definitely like this game more than it deserves. There's basically nothing in the way of a story. The girl/MC have very little personality. The sound/voice acting isn't stellar. There's just not a lot here outside of the gameplay and art.

However, the gameplay, while simple, I found enjoyable. You've got to talk the pretty lady out of her clothes while avoiding the patrolling officer. Play it right and you get some fuck. Play it wrong and you're busted. There's a decent number of positions and the girl's a total bombshell.

As much as I like my sex games linking gameplay and sex, I'm really just a sucker for exhibitionist stuff. It's really more of a three star game, but for throwing the pitch straight to my strikezone, it gets a four from me.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

compact_pie74

this game is hot af. But it's need more improvements, i'll wait next updates. This game need more poses, poses during sex, new voiceover of woman. And also this game need so much more dialouges and variates of her talking during various actions
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Vibesy

Does what it says on the tin. This is basically train perv simulator where you try to coerce a passenger into performing lewd acts without getting busted by a sort of roaming vice patrol officer. The problem is I got busted every time before I could get the girl to remove more than her top. The moral is don't take your dick out on a train if you really want to get to your destination. I had about ten or fifteen minutes of fun here and the train didn't crash so as a sign of encouragement I'm giving 4 stars for this.