Ren'Py - Lewd Town Adventures [v0.14.5] [Jamleng Games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

NeonSelf

What it has in good aspects is completely ruined with bad ones.

Cons:

- Prologue is a torture. I wouldnt watch it again even if sonemeone offers money for it. MC looks like a worst genetic mistake had bad fire accident. Its a source for nightmares with bodyhorror.

- Even after prologue MC looks bad: pig-nose, sad\sleepy eyes, huge ears. He's still creepy, but girls call him handsome. Devs could make him better, they just never wanted to. I've seen other dudes on the beach, and they look better.

- Story is dark. Almost every storyline is violent or depressing. Shit happens to everyone and you will have to choose between bad and worse choices. This is not the game that will cheer you up.

- Imagine reading a book and being invested in a plot. Then you're interrupted to read another book, then you are interrupted again for another one and another one and another... Thats how gameplay and story works here: keep track of 20+ quests at once.

- Sex scenes have Mild and Wild option, but writing in both of them sucks. Mild option is vanilla and almost romatinc, Wild option has profanities in every sentence to the point these words loose their punch effect.

- Humor is weird. I'm not sure if something was made for fun or to make me cringe.

- 'training' girls, which is your main job, has almost zero content in it. Its just a few frames and then you get paid. Considering the amount of content this game already has, devs could make training actually interesting, like a good minigame. But instead they applied a cheat for money, so you can go into negative and keep spending.

Pros:

- There is alot of girls and sex scenes. Its the main reason why I started playing this game. Almost every interaction ends up in a sex scene.

- UI is good. Easy to navigate in dense content of this game. Every house is explorable and has room icons. Quest book shows hints for all story events, its just day and place, but thats all you need to progress.

I've endured 50 days, feeling depressed, angry and powerless.
    There is always some bad cliffhanger. Its bad for my mental health to keep playing this game.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

suckedinto

This adventure was just EPIC. I am absolutely thrilled waiting for more to be added to the story. I held off on downloading this one forever because I wasn't sure about the animation style, but goddamn was it good. The story- Amazing. The girls- All fucking amazing. The kinks- A great selection of depravity which we never get enough of, but in this game it manages to mix together a nice spread of filthy likes. I'm eagerly awaiting the next few updates to come. This is surely to be one of the greats of all time. Only thing missing are some QoL features like a better gallery/ scene replayer. The NTR route is interesting. Harem route is inevitable it feels like but I'm all for it. That scene with Elsa and her family may just be one of the hottest out of any game I've ever played. Thoroughly impressed. Love it.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

AbitDumb

A very promising game with not such a great execution. TL;DR - it's alright, barely. Also, I have not finished the game, it just got too tedious and boring for me after ~10 hours, so the review is for the chapter 1 only.

1. Everything is not as great as it seems.
      You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2. Characters are like puppets in the hands of developers.
      Sadly, I don't mean that in a good way. I don't think there was any character I wanted to talk to. They all feel very much fake, like their only purpose in life is to exist in the protagonist's story. Most of them don't even feel like they have a life outside of interactions with the MC. Ironically, the MILFs are the most developed characters in terms of their life, but it still feels pretty empty. Like your neighbor Pamela, who you learn at the beginning, has her own restaurant business. That's a nice introduction to the character, she has something going for her. Except you can't visit that restaurant, it's not on a map. You can't even see her cooking or doing anything related to the only bit of character that is given to her. Outside the fact she's a great cook, there is nothing distinguishing her from any other MILF character in this game (except the looks, obviously). That's the problem with any character, you quickly forget what their "thing" is supposed to be, and they all begin to blend together into generic "sexy woman MC wants to fuck". They also talk like robots. When you stop beating your meat for 5 seconds and actually read the dialogue instead of looking at the virtual boobs all the time, you'll realize, that the way characters talk is super artificial and unnatural. Like the time you eavesdrop on Pamela talking to MCs mom. The way she casually starts explaining her past and divorce to her friend is not something you do during a friendly phone call. They are friends, they know this story very well, and Hilda definitely heard it before, why would you Pamela tell it again? Forced exposure is not a great way to introduce a characters' backstory, there are many ways to go about it, but this is the one that always annoys me, since it lacks any creativity. There are also times, when devs make jokes, but they're all rather bad. The only joke that works for me is the consistent inconsistency of naming money. Money has no actual name in this game, it's not any specific currency, and so seeing it be called something different every time works, as it seems to poke fun at games making up weird names for their currency. My favorite example of bad writing tho are the nuns. When they start coming to you for help with how horny they are getting, they talk like they have no more than two folds in their brain.
      Thankfully I didn't notice any bugs during my gameplay, so thats good.
      Sadly, the best I can say about the writing is that it's not the worst that I have seen on this website. However, that's a very low bar, since 90% of games here have a 6th grader level of writing and dialogue. The writing here is about average for this website, which in absolute terms means it's bad. If you need at least decent writing in a game to enjoy it, this is not a game for you. If you don't care about writing and just want to bust a nut in 27.4 seconds, this shouldn't be a problem.

3. The game mechanics...
      The game is simply boring. You have a prologue that lasts about an hour and in itself feels is rather boring. It does introduce the MC and his family rather well, but I think it would have been a better choice to make it more linear, since the ability to visit different rooms doesn't add anything and instead just takes away your time. Once the game starts, however, there's a bit more to do, but that's mostly an illusion. You have access to an open world map with 13 locations to visit. These locations can have one or more characters present, and some characters are available in different places at different time. That's nice, since it's more realistic, that a student will be at university during school hours and come back home after classes. Still, most characters are stuck to one place and there is very little you can do to progress your development with them. The game [or rather devs] prides itself in the fact there is "no grind" to progress the game. That is correct, there is no need to save tons of money to buy a bar of chocolate that costs $50 for some reason, and give it as a present 5 times to unlock new interaction. Lack of grid sounds great in theory, so why the fuck am I complaining about it? Am I just an idiot who has long ago lost his ability to feel happiness and pleasure from simple joys of life? Yes.
      As for the real reason, the "no grind" sucks is because the devs have no idea why grind sucks in the first place and accidentally made the problem worse and more obvious. Get ready for a lesson.

4. And to top it off, it doesn't look great.
      I can't exactly tell you why, but the character models just don't appeal to me. If I had to guess, it's propably the low resolution textures applied on the models, their generic look (some of them I've seen at least a dozen times in other games), odd proportions and the weird sharpness of the models. Normally I can tell what exactly is wrong (like when there is grain in a render, which tels me that the settings were set to "fast" rather than "high quality"), but here I'm pretty sure it's a concious choice, which I honsetly don't understand. The best comparisson I can make is "a JPEG file that has been downloaded and reuploded on facebook so many times it's crunchy". The MC model also looks bad, which to me is just funny, since the game makes him up to look like a Greek God, but instead he looks exactly like a person after a botched facial reconstruction. There's also a very important matter of sex scenes. A plus for me is the fact they're animated, which I consider to be a standard, but still, there are so many slideshows still published, that it's worth mentioning. Sadly, all of them are just basic presets, which you instantly notice if you've played any other Koikatsu based game before. They don't look that good, and together with average writing, they just aren't all that exciting. Every scene just kind of happens, there's not much weight to it, they're dry and generic. If you're really horny (like me yesterday) you can ignore it and still wank it. If you're not horny (like me today) you can instantly see it and it's even hard for me to get hard. Few games make me feel like I need blue pills to keep going, yet here we are, noteworthy achivement game. At least the looks aren't so bad it's offensive, which some games manage to achieve.
    Overall, I can't really reccomend this game to anyone, outside of people who don't care about writing, gameplay, and want as many bland, plainly written women as possible. For me the big problem is the promise the game makes about itself, how it promotes itself as something more than it actuallly is. I suspect part of it stems from the fact devs aren't that experienced in game development, and so they themselves can't excatly put a finger on what is not right, even if they to notice something doesn't work as intended. Still, I applaud them, because you can see they actually try to make this a good game, instead of an obvious cash-grab. They don't succeed as much as they would propably want to, but still, an effort is made. Despite that, for me, this game is a no. I feel like I waste way too much time on something, that doesn't give me as much satisfaction as I'd expect from the time I put into it. The writing is a big turnoff, despite multitude of fetishes, of which none seem to work on me the way they are intended to.

Also, writin these reviews really takes a long time, much more than it may seem, so thanks for reading. At first I wanted to give this game 3 stars, but after writing everything from my notes and memory I realised I didn't actually like it as much as I thought. The long time wasted on the "no gring" artificially extended my game time, and by extension my brain thought I liked it a lot, since I've spent so much time on it. Now I know it's a fake feeling, that you likely feel as well, after falling for the grind trap in games. Be wary, that kind of thing is all over the place in modern games. Don't think you enjoy the game simply because you're spent many hours playing it - long game time doesn't equal a lot of fun.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

LauraBurn

TLDR; If all you care about is a massive quantity of sex scenes, this game could be for you. If you’re here for a compelling story, detailed plot, believable world building, realistic characters, good models, and quality animation, then you are going to be disappointed.

First, let's go over the QUANTITY of H-Content. There is A LOT in this game. I often find galleries in games to be poorly made, so I basically make my own gallery by creating a new save-state before each sexual encounter. Typically, I consider a game with 8-12 pages of content to be enough for a completed game. Any more than that is icing on top, any less than that is either too short for my tastes or better make up for it with really great writing.

This game seems far from complete and had easily over my benchmark pages of h-content. The scenes also cover a wide variety of kinks, which I enjoyed. As I said in the TLDR, if all you need from this game is some hot scenes to jerk it to and you don’t feel like making your own characters in Honey Select or Koikatsu, this game could be for you.

Now to the negatives. Woof, there are a lot honestly.

Firstly, the QUALITY of H-content in this game is really not very good. I'll be clear and say I typically very much enjoy Koikatsu models. I think Twisted World, Corrupted Kingdoms, and LiL all have really hot models and great sex scenes. So this isn't a bash on Koikatsu. But Lewd Town Adventures has really bad models. The colors on the characters are over-saturated, the animations are stilted and full of clipping issues, the faces (particularly the MC) can look warped and ugly, and so on... This all leads to some pretty lackluster sex scenes because the animations are mediocre and the characters are passable at best, and hideous at worst.

The characters and story are treated with a similar level of mediocrity and laziness. There are tons of characters, but most of them have basically no personality aside from their obsession with the MC and his giant dong. The vast majority of these characters are completely devoid of any personality and charm, they are simply incredibly horny objects with which the MC may sate his lust.

The sandbox is maybe one of the clearest issues though. There is thankfully no grind in this game. No pumping stats (aside from money) or visiting the same person and repeating the same conversation 12 times to boost your Love points. But the actual hints as to what you need to do to progress are horrendous. You can spend hours in this game just randomly clicking on every single location desperately trying to get some sort of event to occur because the hints are so unclear.

Overall, this game is a painfully mediocre game with a pretty dumb story. It's got poor models, poor animation, but an absurd amount of scenes that satisfy a lot of kinks. I wish I could recommend people download this game and just flip it on when you need a quick fap. But even then, you're going to waste so much time clicking around the town trying to get stuff to happen that it's not even worthwhile for that. Just do yourself a favor and skip this one.

I have no idea how this game has mostly positive reviews.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Grimmzzz1

There's literally not a single good thing about this Game. Horrible Protagonist, in the sense that he is a coward. Horrible Gameplay loop, because to progress the progression of 1 character you literally need to make progress of the 1000+ girls in this game, Third Horrible Graphics, I would rate it 0, if I could.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Pleades

I love the game. I can't say the game is perfect, it has its flaws. But it is enjoyable enough. The writing is not the best, it's a little above average, but it gets better and better. The animation is good enough + the devs are even remaking some of the scenes with better shading and other stuff. Another enjoyable aspect of the game is the great amount of kinks. Bdsm, NTR, Sharing and more. All in all it's a great game with a lot of content and hours of pleasure exploring all its aspects. Don't like NTR and Sharing ?? NO PROBLEM, take the good path. OR YOU LOVE NTR like I do !? Go to the dark path :D. We have cookies :p
  7. 3.00 star(s)

braendt

I like it. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

that said... there are a couple significant issues, and one annoyance with game design that, while I'm not taking rating points away for still bugs me.

THE GOOD
    • tons of content (mostly backloaded, meaning not much up front, and a ton as you get further into the game with each character)
    • a wide variety of fetishes*
    • a fun, massive plot that balloons in scope after a long while
    • a decent enough story, with a lot of connections to other characters and history as it develops
    THE BAD
    • the prologue. holy Hell, the prologue. the dev warns to be tolerant, play the prologue if you're new to the game and don't expect much. it was close. I almost quit and deleted the game several days before the prologue ended. imho it could have been condensed into something more of a cliff notes version to avoid readers stabbing themselves in the eye several times trying to make it through. my suggestion to new players: skip the damn prologue. seriously. most of it comes out in more detail as you progress through the game anyway. no need to torture yourself with it.
    • the sandbox elements are mostly well implemented, meaning you can follow the guide (quest journal) or just do your own thing. but:
      • there are some prerequisites that aren't listed in the journal, and end up being randomly encountered or just unknown tasks to complete before you can do what the journal suggests in more than a few quests
      • there are some prerequisites that occur well after the quest itself (such as a quest on day 105+ that requires you first complete two quests only available on day 114+)
    • most importantly, due to some of the above and in general poor design logic some of the displayed scenes are time-bound in a bad way
      • you several times end up seeing scenes out of sequence, in that you will see something that you already knew from other events in a here is this brand new information you need to know kind of way
      • one of the characters gets her own set of H scenes with 4 options displayed. they're not numbered. they're not gated (hidden until you progress through them). but... the last of the four, both visually and in text obviously expects you to have completed at least some of the other three before seeing that option. I chose that one first, and it took a second for me to realize what was going on there.
    • and possibly this won't bother some folks, but for me the two paths you can take both leave something to be desired. *the MC has two paths: harem (and optionally pregnancy) in which he's the "good guy trying to save the world," or NTR (and optionally BDSM) in which he's the "bad guy trying to corrupt the world." this effectively locks you out of most BDSM if you want a harem and vice versa.
      • my preferences are either for a hybrid path (harem with optional pregnancy AND optional BDSM), or no path (let me choose individually for each character how I'd like to treat them based on individual preference or on how they treated the MC).
      • I realize there's a bunch of dev work implied by making any of this happen - especially at this point in the game. and it's my preference, so I didn't deduct rating points for this. but it's still my opinion, so I'm stating it here in case it helps anyone else to decide their interest level in playing through the 130+ days currently in game.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

ghostmaster

First things first: this is a good game, i liked it.
    It uses Koikatsu for model generation, so characters do look very much doll-like. It's fine by me, might be a turnoff for some.
    Characters themselves are varied. MIlfs, adults, teens, lolis, weirdos - you'll likely be covered on your preference. Same with fetishes - there's a lot of them, you're likely to find something for yourself.
    I have a major personal gripe with this game however. It's story progression tends to ruin your enjoyment of the game. The day counter mechanic. All events have a specific day after which they can be accessed. And they're often also locked behind other characters progression. It's made this way to force you to progress all characters stories simultaneously. And it sucks. You like a character and want to interact with them more - nope, go talk with 10 other girls before getting to the next part. You like a storyline and want to learn what's next? Nope, go and deal with other stuff for an hour. You've had a hot H-scene and want another one to stay on high note? Nope, time for sob-story or comic relief.
    That honestly pissed me off.
    Oh, and there is no full gallery unlock as of now. You have to hack the game to get that.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

WankerDxD

-Best Koikatsu game here .
    -Wild scenes and Fetishes, No Limits .
    - A lot of content, many choices .
    - Interesting Story with a good mix between Seriousness and Comedy.

(Don't judge the game from prologue, there are many many things to discover later and deep story waiting you with 2 routes, and you'll definitely find your favorite girls and fetishes, especially Incest)
  10. 1.00 star(s)

jerichodowns

After reading the games self touting, and the reviews I was shocked at how utterly devoid of merit this game was.
    The animations are remedial at best, I've of course seen worse but they are definitely not something to tout.
    Somehow the writing is even worse! Rarely is it an actual conversation, but instead its an interminably long monologue by one person followed by the same by the other. On top of that, there is almost no character development, try as I might I couldn't even force myself to care about any of the characters or their relationships at all.
    I played a few hours and then quit because I was just flat out bored. I'm incredibly disappointed as I was feeling excited about the possibilities after having read up on the game before downloading. In the end it was just a waste of bandwidth.
  11. 1.00 star(s)

DirectXD1943

Honestly, it's been interesting trying the VN and then interacting with the developer and lead writer, cause clearly there's a lot of time and effort put into it. However, it's clear that both think they're far better at their jobs than they are. Again, there's CLEARLY effort put in, but it's just...not producing an equivalent in terms of quality.

Right off the bat, the biggest issue is the writing. GOD, the writing. Clearly no one on the team heard of the phrase "less means more", because half the dialogue is essentially totally worthless. Genuinely. Adds literally zero to the experience. Repetition, boring monologues, ridiculous tirades and speeches, I mean it just goes on and on. An example of this is the main character just going into this absurd monologue talking about how you need to love yourself to a literal stranger, something that the mc will then do again and again.

Some people dislike the ugly main character. Personally, I don't especially care. Certainly the developer has a soft spot for it, since he repeatedly directly or indirectly mentions people's dislike of it and defending it vehemently. Again, I don't especially care about it. Although, I do find it funny that when he's meant to be 'fixed', his model is still ugly. I have no clue why, but it's my favourite part of the VN.

In relation to other models though, they're pretty good, although the amount of characters without a focus on very few of them means that they all kinda just mesh together. In the end it doesn't matter because the developers are indirectly telling us it doesn't matter.

I recommend this to anyone who doesn't really have any standards for AVNs besides "seeing boobs". Again, this may sound harsh, there's clearly some level of skill and effort in the visuals of the women present. But I can't rate it on "they could maybe make something good if they knew what they were doing". Right now it's probably a 2/10

Edit: the dev sent me a lovely passive-aggressive message annoyed I left a negative review. Points still stand. I separated the praise for the visuals to see if he can figure it out more easily. I am not obligated to tell someone how to make a better product in my review, my review is purely my opinions on the product. Also, this edit and mentioning of the people making the game aren't breaking the reviewing rules, as it is describing the influences that are clearly displayed in the game (i.e. the dev and lead writer's refusal to admit their game has flaws shows in the ridiculous writing and story that fails to improve due to said dismissal of criticism)
  12. 5.00 star(s)

jaboney

Going in I was very put of from the Koiaktsu (or however u spell it characters). I came for the Mind Controller tag, and was looking for that content. The first playing session I played from 8pm to at least 9 am. It just keep on coming. I was really for the shit that happens with the sisters friend and her father (more of a -- I wasn't too turned on from it-- than a -- that's disgusting)

Honestly the sheerr amount of characters and the humor with the MC was what kept me playing. I really want to fuck (up) the doctor and want to humiliate the boss. The story is really well made and I could feel the MC rage.

This is the only game other than Mr. C's Lust Village that I look forwards to updates this much, and you guys are the only ones I donate too :)

I will be a continued fan in all future projects and I hope your vacation went well <33333
  13. 3.00 star(s)

awus666

More ain't always better

Of course we love it when there are lots of characters and content, but it is frustrating when it's all far from complete. The game has some good moments, and the story is much better than expected, but there is a poor maangement of storytelling in terms of quests, or warning regarding locking yourself out of content or relevance of some choices.
    The animations and designs aren't the finest, and I think that a more focused approach would be much better. Less options but better developed.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

quadrapuni123

Love the game! I like this type of game specially with pregnancy on it.

I like the story about MC from the very bottom of the food chain to become a harem king for Good path and Owner of the pimp organization for the Dark path. Like the path of the 2 sisters Em and Rose also some others like Stacy eva luna cuz its kinda interesting what will end up with them once the game completed.

Been playing games in my entirelife especially RPG turnbased or whatever it is. I hate VN i rather watch hentai or read some manga. Though still okay with this game since you still have to go to somewhere to get through with the story of the girls. It's just feels like lacking some kinda mini game? It's just my opinion though. Hopefully there's an easy way to get all of the scenes from dark path and good path like you could go to that specific scene on extras and choose from the option again? I kinda hate repeating the game for the 3rd time just to see the scenes that you missed. But overall still a good game! :)

Looking forward about the Story of it.
    Still i give this 5 for me. :)
    I hope you could create another game with pregnancy with it. lol
    Moreee power to yaa!! I wish i could donate but im just a pleb, hopefully i could donate so i could support you
  15. 4.00 star(s)

meanmike

Very high in content brothel recruitment game. Better than the others i've tried for sure. Good corruption routes and gets very dark, but thankfully there is a lighter route as well. Would get 5 stars if not made in koikatsu engine, because it makes the animations repetitive and that's my only criticism.
  16. 3.00 star(s)

RAlN

Story ★★★✰✰
    Pretty straight forward corruption game, it tries to add some romantic feelings here n there but it all comes down to making the girls horny by using your drugs, or without them.

Characters / Animations ★★★★✰
    Everything is decently animated, a lot of unique animations per character, renders and backgrounds in general are great for what the engine has to offer.

Walkthrough / Journal ★✰✰✰✰
    The journal is just so lacking. It should make it clear what the player is missing instead of saying "finish other quests" well damn, the other quests are also missing other quests, and the chain continues.
    Maybe there could be a clear indication of what which character you have to work on next. Perhaps a ❗ mark to show that questline is BEHIND the others, and should be put on focus.
    The journal clearly worked better for the early game, but the later you get in the story the more of a mess it becomes, possibly more-so if you pick different paths for Corruption/Romance per character. Perhaps it gets confused of which path you're doing and starts asking for nonsense.

Coding/Script ★★✰✰✰
    This is my 6th time playing this game (I always start a new game every time there is an update) and not once have I been able to 100% it. I always get myself locked out of content just because I did one thing before the other, when there is no clear warning that this choice is dangerous and can lock you out of other characters, if you haven't finished their stories yet.
    And I don't mean locked out properly, I'd be fine with that, but for example when my quest tells me to talk to someone at their home when they're locked at school for the rest of the playthrough, it's pretty frustrating.

I just want to see the message "This is it for this version." on every character to feel fulfilled.

TL;DR / Overall ★★✬✰✰

The game starts out well, until the point where you have to choose good or dark path, then everything gets messy, depending on your choices before and after, it can cause errors if you're being irregular.
    Perhaps go full dark or full good path, without playing favorites.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

EasyMuthaFuckinE

V0.13

A very good game, with a lot of animations and a lot of great Waifus.
    Story is good too, not the best one out here but it's good to support the great animations and beautiful waifus.
    The romance with few characters are just wonderful, my personal favorite is Elsa, but lotta great characters here.

Best Regards for the future updates man. eagerly waiting for more wonderful scenes, continuation of the story and more development with the characters, hope there would be more kissing and hugging and handholding ;)

10/10 a Masta piece
  18. 4.00 star(s)

Kirifa

I like the corruption system and the stories, except for the ntr. One more thing that makes me give the review a 4 star is because the guide, pointer or the walkthrough in game is really confusing me.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

smallestjim

"Lewd Town Adventures" Is a really, really misleading title. I picked up this game because I wanted to play some quick and dirty harem game one night and wow. This one's a doozy.

This is NOT a quick and dirty harem game. This is a brutal and depraved rollercoaster ride down to hell. Yeah, there are plenty of girls and lots of sex, but just about all of it is morally dubious (incest and smashing "totally legal" girls are the least of your qualms here) and if you're into the lovey-dovey stuff, that you were probably expecting to find in this game, you'll be playing with a gnawing sensation that none of this is right.

It's also a harem story done right. Meaning things aren't just about sex and getting girls. I'm not going to elaborate more because it'll be spoilers, so just go into things confident you're in for a compelling story to follow.

I'm not without my criticism though. I haven't played in a few updates but quite a few early sex scenes were due for a redo to up the resolution and quality. Quite a few story scenes too. Besides that there's an issue where if you play these sandbox-type games following one girl's story to the end, then start another's, you might find yourself in a girl's story where they talk about things that haven't happened yet in another story. It's not game-breaking or too immersion-breaking, what with rollback and just going to do other stories first, but it does hold the game back from a 5/5.

There's a lot more I want to write about but I think this is one to go into totally blind. Just know it's a heavy one, and that it's a good one. Leave your bleeding heart at the door though.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

slutseekerm

truly amazed by the amount of content that has been created for this game in such a short period of time.

the dark path is better than almost any other game. it's not cartoonishly evil, but at the same time it's also not too disturbing.
    animations are solid.
    the breadth of archetypes is immense.
    avoids the annoying parts of sandbox games where you have to collect items or complete quests.

the only piece of constructive criticism i have is that the dialogue could be tightened up a bit. it feels very maximalist in its approach. less is more. editing it down would help.

overall, the devs should really be proud of their game.