VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Lida's Adventures Unofficial Ren'PY Remake [v 1.96] [Phalzyr]

1. 5.00 star(s)

DIRTY Filthy RAT

Thank god for Phalzyr, to port a grindy monotonous rpg game onto renpy for us so we can still enjoy this exciting game as well as countless other rpg games that phalzyr has successfully ported over to renpy as well. Thank you again for all your hard work, it’s very appreciated!
  2. 5.00 star(s)

stever

Phalzyr made an unplayable game playable.

Lida's Adventures is a... "quirky"... game with a lot of strange choices -- but that's what makes it so appealing. It's a game for people who are sick of all the other games that just copy each other.

The problem was the RPG maker. The original game was so bad, with lots of bugs and annoying busy work. You spent 90% of your time walking around and only 10% fapping.

This remake keeps all the good from the original and gets rid of all the bad. Simple as that.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

rezaf

This game is hot garbage.

First things first, though - I'm not rating the quality of the port here, from what I can tell it's been realized as competently as one can reasonably excpect. There are things that have to give way/be left out when converting a game with freeroam in RPGM to a much more static format, and within those confines, there's not all that much to complain about.
    Personally, I don't like RPGM games mostly because of the ... shall we say 'characteristic' art style which imo doesn't mix well at all with the much more realism-focused DAZ art, but short of making his own renders for backgrounds and situations, what would have been the alternative here?
    A fair compromise in my book, the remake itself is allright. I'm giving a bonus star for that.

On to the game, however, on to the hot garbage.
    Lida' Adventures is a disjointed mess of setpiece after setpiece of incoherent, implausible situations.
    Individual scenes are more than ridiculous, the plot doesn't make sense, it's progression is facepalm-invoking .
    The characters fit the story well in that they are hardly worth being called characters and do not make much sense either.
    Lida acts as if she was as dumb as 200 yards of country road (due to the lack of real choices - see below - you cannot play her differently).

The text is sometimes engrish and not very well written, it's quite obvious english isn't the original author's first language.
    When there's choices, they are generally of the "do what the game designer wants you to do" variety, where the other option(s) either skips content or simply blocks progression.

There's plenty of sound effects, which might be considered a good thing, except they are repetetive and cartoonish, like in a saturday morning cartoon or an old black and white slapstick.
    The music ... is a matter of taste, I guess, but I don't think it fits a game like this at all. But you CAN turn it off.

As for the art ... the DAZ renders are okayish at best. Some of the characters look reasonable, the titual Lida, for example, others look weird, have strange proportions, weird expressions ... all that stuff.

To sum things up, if you are DESPERATELY interested in the games tags, I guess you'll fare better with this Renpy Remake than with the original game, but if you can find any reasonably rated game on the site containing said tag, I'd suggest going to play that other game instead.