• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

rezaf

Jul 3, 2017
greyelf, I'm afraid I don't recognize your alias, but this doesn't say anything because I'm just not very familiar with Twine.

My statement was based on me decompiling the gamecode into a twine project and said project then almost collapsing under it's own weight. There seemed to be no way of facilitating more than one source file, and the one everything is contained in, be it the output html or the project file from decompilation, is so huge even Notepad++ severely struggles with it. Loading it alone makes the Twine application unresponsive for a minute or two.
Maybe there are more elegant ways to do all that stuff in Twine, but it strikes me as "fighting the system" as compared to frameworks that support more sophisticated methology out of the gate.

That's not to say Twine is bad or anything, I just feel if you want to have really complex mechanics, it's not the right tool for the job. I didn't want to shittalk Twine, I'm sure it's an excellent tool for what it sets out to be. But it doesn't set out to be a competitor for Unity or even RenPy (the latter also has it's limitations, though), which is totally fine.

balerion160

May 29, 2018
I might just be an idiot, but I cannot figure out how pregnancy is supposed to work in this game. No matter what I do, I just can't get pregnant.

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
I'm just not very familiar with Twine.
There seemed to be no way of facilitating more than one source file...
There are a number of techniques you could use depending on the Twine/TWEE compiler you wish to use:

a. The Twine 1.x application includes a StoryIncludes special passage which allows a (parent) project file to include the contents of other (child) project files in the story HTML file generated using the parent project.

b. The TweeGo command line TWEE compiler allows you to setup a folder structure containing all the text based TWEE files that make up your project, which TweeGo will then combine to generate a story HTML file.

..the project file from decompilation
Unless an application contains meta information about the individual files that were compiled together to form it then a decompiler used on that application can't recreate the original folder/file structure of those individual files. As the meta data contained within a story HTML file doesn't include information about the original files then the main Twine/TWEE decompilers can't recreate the original project folder/file structure.

That isn't to say that a Twine/TWEE decompiler couldn't be enhanced to automatically split the Passages it finds over multiple files in a parent/child like structure.

Maybe there are more elegant ways to do all that stuff in Twine, but it strikes me as "fighting the system" as compared to frameworks that support more sophisticated methology out of the gate.
So far your gripes have been about the abilities of one of the Integrated Development Environments (in this case the Twine 1.x application) that can be used to generate a story HTML file, and that's a little like complaining that one Text Editor isn't as good as another.

The Story Format (that the Author chooses to use) is what defines/supplies all the core functionality the Author has available to them.

slimeworm

Dec 17, 2018
is it a bug or something when on the bus and you get encounter to give panties when u choice that option and then when that happen again and choice that you no wearing them it still count that you still have underwear on. and in code is their way to increase these event except from having lose luck,diginity and other stats

rezaf

Jul 3, 2017
There are a number of techniques you could use depending on the Twine/TWEE compiler you wish to use (...)
Thanks for enlightening me about the specifics of Twine, always fascinating to learn about new ways to do stuff.
I know my way about actual programming and also have some familiarity with RenPy and toyed around with Unity at a point, so I still see no reason to switch from any those (as an example) TO Twine, but obviously it is not as simple as I had though it was.
As I stated already, it was not my intention to shittalk Twine to begin with.

Out of curiosity, you said blaming the Twine application for it's issues was like blaming the text editor ... but is there a better Twine "IDE" available?

rezaf

Jul 3, 2017
So, I think I'm done with the game as for now. Here's a little mini-guide for people just starting out - spoilers ahead, you have been warned!

The guide is by no means complete, so if you feel you have anything to add, drop me a PM and I'll add it. Corrections also welcome, of course. Credit will be given.

What's the game about:

Basically, it's about some girl who runs away from home to Amsterdam to live a life on her own terms there.
Since, as of 0.8.6.3, there is no way to live happily thereafter, at this point the game is effectively about the girl to lose all her dignity and end up as a hooker.

Starting out:

After the faux city selection, you can select your difficulty level.
If you're new to the game, do yourself a favor, swallow the bitter pill and play on easy. Even there pricing balance is totally out of whack. You're free to disregard this advice, of course, but there you have it.
Then you get a short intro and end up in a small apartment in Amsterdam central.
Rent starts at a reasonable level, but the landlord will increase it numerous times (you will cease to belive it will ever happen, but eventually he will stop) at fairly short intervals and you have no way to say no to that. Especially in the early game, this can be a major pain in the behind.
How much of a pain depends on the job you choose.
You ought to do the dishes twice a week, failing to do so will prompt a rent increase, so I'd suggest you just do them - the game warns you about it.
Every Thursday rent will be due, if you cannot pay up, Henry (your landlord) will not be happy, repeated failure to pay may have you facing a gameover screen.

The apartment:

As explained in the intro, your apartment consists of your room (and those of the other tenents, I guess), a shared bathroom and a shared kitchen.
Hygiene is an important stat that is often checked before you can even start a job or enter a location, so you'll likely frequently shower in the bathroom. It's shared nature fuels some random events which might drive your stats in one direction or another, but there's no major content tied to it.
Same for the kitchen, it's mainly there for you to do the dishes or to eat, but meals are an optional part of the game with which you shouldn't bother in my opinion.
Furthermore, there's the entrance area with Henry's living room. Before long, you'll no longer have to deal with your landlord (provided you can pay up) and just be expected to deposit your rent for him.
However, there's also a message board there you should check frequently (at least when you're there to pay the rent anyway) because it randomly provides flyers which unlock additional locations.

No money mo' problems:

As a general consideration: Don't overinvest in stuff.
Buy stuff only when you really need it (the game will generally tell you when that is) or when you have enough disposable cash to afford it. This is especially true for recurring investments usually affecting your looks - makeup for starters. Treat these as a luxury and skip them when stipped for cash. In jobs which have a looks requirement, you can often use the "Touch up hair and makeup" option in public toilets. You can spam this (it stacks) and it's free.
Rather than makeup or the likes, you should consider Shampoo / Bodywash, as these will get you more hygiene when you shower in the morning (or whenever) and they last a fairly long time.
As the game hints advise, you have to buy the map in the beginning, everything else is optional.
Walking instead of taking the bus is generally not worth it because it burns too much time, though you'll have to walk around to discover certain locations.

Earning a living:

In order to have a steady income, the game offers four regular jobs:
  • You can help out in the library.
  • You can work as a photomodel.
  • You can be a helping hand at a flower shop.
  • You can make do cleaning

Library help:

This is the one job I didn't try yet, if anybody is willing to provide a synopsis on how it transpires, drop me a PM and I'll insert it here with credit.

Photomodel career:

I'm guessing this is the first job that was developed, it's the most developed and the only one that offers a decent income with which you can eventually cover the ever-increasing rent and afford a couple of luxuries. Definately the recommended route for beginners. Unsurprisingly, the job relies on training the Fashion skill at the library and also has some minor looks requirements.
The job starts out harmless enough, but steadily ups the ante, requiring Lizzy (or however you named her) to progressively show more skin, then to suck off Donny (the photographer) etc., up to group sex in the final stages.
Eventually, Donny drops Lizzy like a hot potato and you can chose to swtich to another career or start walking the streets as a hooker.

The Flower shop:

For a while, this is the "nicest" of the routes, the owner of the flower shop is friendly towards Lizzy and pays a steady, if meager income for decent work. However, good things are not meant to last in this game.
After progressing through the career for a fair bit, you meet Mo, who - as it later turns out - is your typical loverboy. He eventually leaves you to pay off his "debt" for him, which (in a lazy move of the developer) involves adult filming at Donny's studio from the photomodel job. After you have successfully paid off the debt you can keep visiting Donny keeping the (greatly decreased) payout for yourself. (At this point I stopped playing, but appearently there's an ending to come, pm me if you experienced it and I'll add it)

Cleaning offices:

This job starts out very tiring, as you spend a lot of time cleaning office floors five days a week.
After a while, Sandra - your boss - tells you the company will have to close.
When it does, she tells you she'll start a new business for which she'd like to hire you.
This business is called "Risky Maids" and it start by having you clean houses in a maid uniform. Things get more risky as time moves on, you remove your underwear, you give blowjobs, you offer "full service".
The job culminates in Lizzy being kept prisoner in a basement as a loveslave - and her being happy about it, too.
As for payment, the job starts out paying barely enough to cover expenses, but as the story progresses your salary stagnates at ridiculously low levels or even drops further. So you earn less offering your body than you did cleaning office floors.
I think something about the formula is bugged, but who knows, maybe it's intentional.

In addition to these major jobs, there's some other ways to earn money.

You can talk to the pub owner and work in service there in the summer months. But the job pays little and is unavailable off season, so I feel it's not really worth considering.

Eventually, most storylines will open up the option for Lizzy to "Walk the streets".

This is by a huge margin the best paying job and it's easy to earn in a single day what other jobs will amount to in an entire month. One might think it's as far as a person can sink, but actually, what Lizzy is forced to do in the ordinary jobs is often worse and far less well paid, so in a way, being a hooker in this game isn't quite so bad a fate.

Finally, there are some other ways to earn a little coin, but most are random and thus unreliable.

Depending on your Luck, you can find money when enjoying the Park.

You can find money in the streets and, depending on your stats, do a little stealing.

If your dignity is low enough, people will offer small amounts of money for sexual actions when using a bus or visiting the gym, amongst others.

The only option which can provide somewhat reliable and significant payouts is Gloryholes - you'll eventually find those in the toilets in the Club, the Pub and the Mall. Unfortunately, as you complete your characters descent into indignity, Lizzy may eventually refuse to charge money at gloryholes (I think it's tied to cum addiction).

Places to go:

You can visit three Districts of Amsterdam, the center, the Bijlmer area and the northern part.
All districts contain a bus stop and a public toilet.

The center is where you start the game.
In it, you can eventually find:
  • The pub.
  • A little shop in which to buy basic commodities.
  • The park.
  • The library.
  • A dealer (selling coke).
  • A church.
  • The red lights district.
Once you engage in walking the streets, you can also do just that here.

The pub allows you to order alcoholic beverages and to socialize.
I was surprised to learn there's actually very very little going on here, for the most part you can skip this location.

The shop is important in that you can buy many of the consumables herein - most are available here exclusively.
Condoms are optional, as sometimes they'll be disregarded by events anyway, STDs are easy to get rid off and pregnancy is not yet in the game. Nail Polish and Lipstick gives bonuses when applying makeup and are cheaper here than at the mall.
Having a phone is optional as of now, except for quitting a job, sunglasses are for visiting the beach, groceries allow you to eat in the kitchen (like I wrote above, this can be skipped imo), shampoo and bodywash are useful as they give a hygiene bonus when you shower, Breezers are cheap alcohol to consume in the park if you have alcohole addiction.
The rest of the items are inconsequential or their purpose has not yet been implemented.

In the park, you can run into a variety of random encounters when enjoying it, you can take a nap, consume weed or drink Breezers. If you buy sports clothing at the mall, you can go jogging or - if you purchase a mat - you can do yoga.
Once you have found him whilst wandering the park, you'll also find a weed dealer here.
Finally, the park is also one of the locations where you can look for customers once you have sunk to open prostitution.

The library is unlocked by reading the map, the church by a flyer at the message board.
You can study the main skills governing each of the four jobs here, Botany, Fashion, Housekeeping and Library Science.
Note that, as per it's description, Library Science can be useful for all paths.

The dealer sells cokaine and is very difficult to unlock.
You'll have to roam the streets by foot and trigger his extremely rare random encounter three times.

The church allows you to gain forgiveness for your sins. You can gain dignity by doing good work and the likes.
As there's no good path in the game as of now, doing so makes little sense.

The red lights district is unlocked in a similar way than the dealer, but you only have to run into it once.
Currently, there's almost nothing to do there, though. You will be asked to work there and Lizzy will eventually consider it if her dignity is low enough, but the actual content to do so is not yet in the game.

The Bijlmer contains:
  • The club.
  • The loan shark.
  • The mall.
Depending on your job, the Flower shop or the cleaning company will also be located here.

The club is unlocked by a random flyer which you can randomly find on the message board or being handed when wandering the streets. Late on Thursdays, on Fridays and on Saturdays, it opens its gates. To visit, you'll have to buy a Dress and Pumps from the mall. Visiting is optional, it contains a couple of random events, you can hook up with strangers for one-night-stands, you can apply as a pole-dancer (though after being admitted you will sadly learn actually working in the club has not yet been implemented) or just dance the night away.
The toilet contains a Gloryhole.

The loan shark is also unlocked by a flyer on the message board. You can (expectedly) gain a loan for (no less expectedly) pretty outrageous conditions. If you cannot pay up, you'll eventually be coerced to whore your body away - one of the options to unlock "Walking the streets".

The mall contains a variety of stores selling luxury items or services.
At Rob Peetoom you can have your hair and/or nails done, providing a boost to your looks for 15 days.

Swiss Sense sells beds, each of which makes you wake up earlier and more relaxed, thus having more time and energy to "spend" during the day.

IcyParis sells Perfume, Makeup, Nail polish and Lipstick. The latter two are cheaper in the store in central.
Perfume is a one-time-purchase giving a boost to Looks, so quite useful if you can spare the cash.
Makeup is a pretty major strain on your balance, thus only invest in it if you have to (or have more than enough cash).

Nelson is a shoestore, Sandals are required for visiting the Beach, Pumps for visiting the club. You already start the game with casual shoes.

MediaMarkt sells consumer electronics, their descriptions are all the the in-game Hints. All are, imo, optional purchases.

Victorias Secret sells underwear/lignerie, which are good for their permanent looks-boost. (Note that the one from the panties is lost when you toggle Lizzy to not wear any)

At SunCity you can work on your tan after buying googles. You can do this just as well in the park or at the beach, but in the park it's very difficult to get the neccessary event frequently enough and going to the beach is a big detour.

Anna-Van-Toor is where you buy a Dress if you want to get into the club. (Possibly you have to buy the office outfit somewhere in the Library career path?)

The Sports shop sells the gear for doing sports like Jogging in the Park or actual training in the Wellness Center. Also a yoga mat and sunglasses the latter of which you can also get at the shop in central.

Schaap and Citroen is a jeweller.
Each of the items you buy here provides a permanent boost to your looks, so they are very useful purchases, but you'll have to fork out quite a bit of cash.

Northern Amsterdam contains only the Wellness Center and, provided you need it for your current job, Donnys photo studio.

The Wellness Center is also unlocked by a flyer and a very useful location.
To enter, you have to buy a day, week or lifetime-pass. In most situations, a day pass will be your best bet, because otherwise you'd have to schedule at least five visits a week to be cost effective, which is rather unlikely, or be able to affor the $2000 the lifetime membership costs (which will only be very, very later in the game).
In the wellness center, you'll find a sauna, a clinic, a gym, a massage parlor and the pool.
Most of the locations provide minor stat boosts. The clinic is invaluable, as this is where you can get your STDs and addictions cured or even pick up a health boost should it sink too low. The gym is required to train fitness above 26, for self-defence and possibly pole-dancing classes.

One final location that I haven't mentioned yet is the beach, you can go there by visiting a bus stop and picking the appropriate destination, to enter you need a bikini, sunglasses and sandals.
The location is mostly good for sunbathing and not much else as there are few notable events otherwise.
Except there's a chance for starting a Donny shoot questline if you have not yet met him otherwise, but I have been unable to trigger it.

Working the dials:

As I wrote earlier, since there's no good paths as of now, what you want to do to unlock the content you want to see is work on those stats. The main drivers are Liberty and Dignity, the former should be high, the lesser low.
The photoshoot career is designed to almost automatically get those values to where they need to be, which is why I recommend it for first-time players.
The cleaning/maid job works in a somewhat similar fashion, but has the major downside of a horrible paycheck.
Working in the flower shop is the hardest in this regard, as working the job itself increases your dignity, plus it requires a lot of studying which increases it as well. So you'll have to rely quite a bit on running into random encounters decreasing your dignity, because most of the reliable options to do so only unlock later in the game.
Get this Liberty up and this Dignity down and you'll start seeing the content you're likely here for.
Despite hygiene and the likes and health (covered below) intelligence plays a minor role. Some options are unavailable if your intelligence is too high - I'm not sure if also vice versa.
When Lizzy does lewd things and keeps doing them, the game will usually lower her intelligence. If you want to combat that, the best way is to stock up on books and read them in your bedroom.

Health issues:

Health is a stat that mostly decreases when you have Lizzy do depraved stuff, when Lizzy has her period or when she uses drugs. Napping and stuff increase health, and you have the option of using a public toilet, which increases health by one point at a slight cost to hygiene, so health issues are mostly a non-issue.
If all else fails, visit the clinic and get a boost.

Addictions:

Most jobs will eventually drive you into either one or more addictions. You can have these cured at the clinic for a reasonable price, so if you stay addicted it's probably for roleplaying reasons. Being addicted unlocks some random events or has some play out differently, but for the most part ithey are not much of a bother.
A major exception is cum-addiction, though. If Lizzy is addicted to cum, she will eventually no longer charge money when servicing Gloryholes, which takes away an income source.
All addictions have severity levels up to 5, as far as I can tell they only increase the costs of not satisfying the addiction - which can be severe at high levels. It is, however, fairly easy to not get any negative results by satisfying the addiction at least every other day. Weed can be purchased for cheap in the park, Breezers are a cheap way to satisfy that alcohol craving, the cum addiction will take care of itself on most paths and there's always the gloryholes.
As for cokaine, there seems to be another Donny job-chain started when meeting him at the beach involving cokaine, but other than that, this addiction is very hard to pick up. You'd have to run into the dealer by chance as described above and then use it on your own accord or there's a rare event when you're invited to a coke powered gangbang in the club, but it's so rare and it boosts coke desire so slowly that you'd have to be extemely "lucky" to pick up the addiction that way. Anyway, should you have coke addiction, you can get the white powder for free provided you're willing to blow off your dealer.

The treadmill:

Playing the game is one huge grind, there's no doubt about it.
If you think you have played games before that were grindy, Life Choices may introduce you to a whole new level of it.
It's also the worst kind of grind, often you'll be forced to go through the same motions for two or three whole weeks, where all you do is do mundane stuff which keeps you aligned to do that one visit every day, four or five times a week, which gives you story progression. And when you've done this thirty times in a row, that's not fun at all.
In the story encounters, there's minor variations like different pictures being shown or text snippets being swapped in and out, but you usually revisit the same even a dozen times or more before being spoonfed the next little new scene.
My advice is to give yourself a rigorous schedule of only the most basic things required to move along.
Get rid of addictions not involved in the storyline. Stock up on every consumable you feel you need and skip all that are not mandatory. Do not visit locations that you do not have to visit after you have seen their content.
Fly through the days as fast as you can, lest you burn out before seing all your respective storyline has to offer.
Don't be afraid to savescum a bit if need be. Or...

Cheating:

As a last resort, you can resort to cheating.
It's fairly easy. In most browsers, you hit F12 to open the JavaScript developer tools. In the console, you write SugarCube.State.active.variables to get a list of all variables. Depending on your configuration, you can edit the variables right there in the resulting list or you can get the name of a variable and then type this in the console to edit its value, i.e. SugarCube.State.active.variables.Cash = 2000 will set your money to 2000.

Final considerations:

So, I've written a ton already, I hope it helps someone.
I'll likely not play the game again before there's a major new version, so all changes will likely rely on others providing additional information - so if you have some insight you want me to add for the benefit of other players, drop me a PM.

D

Deleted member 154552

I might just be an idiot, but I cannot figure out how pregnancy is supposed to work in this game. No matter what I do, I just can't get pregnant.
Hello,
Good new: Your innability to get pregnancy doesn't make you an idiot: it is not yet implemented :)

goddlike

Aug 5, 2016
So, I think I'm done with the game as for now. Here's a little mini-guide for people just starting out - spoilers ahead, you have been warned!

The guide is by no means complete, so if you feel you have anything to add, drop me a PM and I'll add it. Corrections also welcome, of course. Credit will be given.

What's the game about:

Basically, it's about some girl who runs away from home to Amsterdam to live a life on her own terms there.
Since, as of 0.8.6.3, there is no way to live happily thereafter, at this point the game is effectively about the girl to lose all her dignity and end up as a hooker.

Starting out:

If you're new to the game, do yourself a favor, swallow the bitter pill and play on easy. Even there pricing balance is totally out of whack. You're free to disregard this advice, of course, but there you have it.
Then you get a short intro and end up in a small apartment in Amsterdam central.
Rent starts at a reasonable level, but the landlord will increase it numerous times (you will cease to belive it will ever happen, but eventually he will stop) at fairly short intervals and you have no way to say no to that. Especially in the early game, this can be a major pain in the behind.
You ought to do the dishes twice a week, failing to do so will prompt a rent increase, so I'd suggest you just do them - the game warns you about it.
Every Thursday rent will be due, if you cannot pay up, Henry (your landlord) will not be happy, repeated failure to pay may have you facing a gameover screen.

The apartment:

As explained in the intro, your apartment consists of your room (and those of the other tenents, I guess), a shared bathroom and a shared kitchen.
Hygiene is an important stat that is often checked before you can even start a job or enter a location, so you'll likely frequently shower in the bathroom. It's shared nature fuels some random events which might drive your stats in one direction or another, but there's no major content tied to it.
Same for the kitchen, it's mainly there for you to do the dishes or to eat, but meals are an optional part of the game with which you shouldn't bother in my opinion.
Furthermore, there's the entrance area with Henry's living room. Before long, you'll no longer have to deal with your landlord (provided you can pay up) and just be expected to deposit your rent for him.
However, there's also a message board there you should check frequently (at least when you're there to pay the rent anyway) because it randomly provides flyers which unlock additional locations.

No money mo' problems:

Buy stuff only when you really need it (the game will generally tell you when that is) or when you have enough disposable cash to afford it. This is especially true for recurring investments usually affecting your looks - makeup for starters. Treat these as a luxury and skip them when stipped for cash. In jobs which have a looks requirement, you can often use the "Touch up hair and makeup" option in public toilets. You can spam this (it stacks) and it's free.
Rather than makeup or the likes, you should consider Shampoo / Bodywash, as these will get you more hygiene when you shower in the morning (or whenever) and they last a fairly long time.
As the game hints advise, you have to buy the map in the beginning, everything else is optional.
Walking instead of taking the bus is generally not worth it because it burns too much time, though you'll have to walk around to discover certain locations.

Earning a living:

Library help:

This is the one job I didn't try yet, if anybody is willing to provide a synopsis on how it transpires, drop me a PM and I'll insert it here with credit.

Photomodel career:

I'm guessing this is the first job that was developed, it's the most developed and the only one that offers a decent income with which you can eventually cover the ever-increasing rent and afford a couple of luxuries. Definately the recommended route for beginners. Unsurprisingly, the job relies on training the Fashion skill at the library and also has some minor looks requirements.
The job starts out harmless enough, but steadily ups the ante, requiring Lizzy (or however you named her) to progressively show more skin, then to suck off Donny (the photographer) etc., up to group sex in the final stages.
Eventually, Donny drops Lizzy like a hot potato and you can chose to swtich to another career or start walking the streets as a hooker.

The Flower shop:

For a while, this is the "nicest" of the routes, the owner of the flower shop is friendly towards Lizzy and pays a steady, if meager income for decent work. However, good things are not meant to last in this game.
After progressing through the career for a fair bit, you meet Mo, who - as it later turns out - is your typical loverboy. He eventually leaves you to pay off his "debt" for him, which (in a lazy move of the developer) involves adult filming at Donny's studio from the photomodel job. After you have successfully paid off the debt you can keep visiting Donny keeping the (greatly decreased) payout for yourself. (At this point I stopped playing, but appearently there's an ending to come, pm me if you experienced it and I'll add it)

Cleaning offices:

This job starts out very tiring, as you spend a lot of time cleaning office floors five days a week.
When it does, she tells you she'll start a new business for which she'd like to hire you.
This business is called "Risky Maids" and it start by having you clean houses in a maid uniform. Things get more risky as time moves on, you remove your underwear, you give blowjobs, you offer "full service".
The job culminates in Lizzy being kept prisoner in a basement as a loveslave - and her being happy about it, too.
As for payment, the job starts out paying barely enough to cover expenses, but as the story progresses your salary stagnates at ridiculously low levels or even drops further. So you earn less offering your body than you did cleaning office floors.
I think something about the formula is bugged, but who knows, maybe it's intentional.

You can talk to the pub owner and work in service there in the summer months. But the job pays little and is unavailable off season, so I feel it's not really worth considering.

Eventually, most storylines will open up the option for Lizzy to "Walk the streets".

This is by a huge margin the best paying job and it's easy to earn in a single day what other jobs will amount to in an entire month. One might think it's as far as a person can sink, but actually, what Lizzy is forced to do in the ordinary jobs is often worse and far less well paid, so in a way, being a hooker in this game isn't quite so bad a fate.

Finally, there are some other ways to earn a little coin, but most are random and thus unreliable.

You can find money in the streets and, depending on your stats, do a little stealing.

If your dignity is low enough, people will offer small amounts of money for sexual actions when using a bus or visiting the gym, amongst others.

The only option which can provide somewhat reliable and significant payouts is Gloryholes - you'll eventually find those in the toilets in the Club, the Pub and the Mall. Unfortunately, as you complete your characters descent into indignity, Lizzy may eventually refuse to charge money at gloryholes (I think it's tied to cum addiction).

Places to go:

You can visit three Districts of Amsterdam, the center, the Bijlmer area and the northern part.

• The pub.
  • The park.
  • The library.
  • A church.

I was surprised to learn there's actually very very little going on here, for the most part you can skip this location.

The shop is important in that you can buy many of the consumables herein - most are available here exclusively.
Condoms are optional, as sometimes they'll be disregarded by events anyway, STDs are easy to get rid off and pregnancy is not yet in the game. Nail Polish and Lipstick gives bonuses when applying makeup and are cheaper here than at the mall.
Having a phone is optional as of now, except for quitting a job, sunglasses are for visiting the beach, groceries allow you to eat in the kitchen (like I wrote above, this can be skipped imo), shampoo and bodywash are useful as they give a hygiene bonus when you shower, Breezers are cheap alcohol to consume in the park if you have alcohole addiction.
The rest of the items are inconsequential or their purpose has not yet been implemented.

In the park, you can run into a variety of random encounters when enjoying it, you can take a nap, consume weed or drink Breezers. If you buy sports clothing at the mall, you can go jogging or - if you purchase a mat - you can do yoga.
Once you have found him whilst wandering the park, you'll also find a weed dealer here.
Finally, the park is also one of the locations where you can look for customers once you have sunk to open prostitution.

The library is unlocked by reading the map, the church by a flyer at the message board.
You can study the main skills governing each of the four jobs here, Botany, Fashion, Housekeeping and Library Science.
Note that, as per it's description, Library Science can be useful for all paths.

You'll have to roam the streets by foot and trigger his extremely rare random encounter three times.

The church allows you to gain forgiveness for your sins. You can gain dignity by doing good work and the likes.

The red lights district is unlocked in a similar way than the dealer, but you only have to run into it once.
Currently, there's almost nothing to do there, though. You will be asked to work there and Lizzy will eventually consider it if her dignity is low enough, but the actual content to do so is not yet in the game.

The Bijlmer contains:
  • The club.
  • The loan shark.
  • The mall.
Depending on your job, the Flower shop or the cleaning company will also be located here.

The club is unlocked by a random flyer which you can randomly find on the message board or being handed when wandering the streets. Late on Thursdays, on Fridays and on Saturdays, it opens its gates. To visit, you'll have to buy a Dress and Pumps from the mall. Visiting is optional, it contains a couple of random events, you can hook up with strangers for one-night-stands, you can apply as a pole-dancer (though after being admitted you will sadly learn actually working in the club has not yet been implemented) or just dance the night away.

The loan shark is also unlocked by a flyer on the message board. You can (expectedly) gain a loan for (no less expectedly) pretty outrageous conditions. If you cannot pay up, you'll eventually be coerced to whore your body away - one of the options to unlock "Walking the streets".

At Rob Peetoom you can have your hair and/or nails done, providing a boost to your looks for 15 days.

Swiss Sense sells beds, each of which makes you wake up earlier and more relaxed, thus having more time and energy to "spend" during the day.

IcyParis sells Perfume, Makeup, Nail polish and Lipstick. The latter two are cheaper in the store in central.
Perfume is a one-time-purchase giving a boost to Looks, so quite useful if you can spare the cash.
Makeup is a pretty major strain on your balance, thus only invest in it if you have to (or have more than enough cash).

Nelson is a shoestore, Sandals are required for visiting the Beach, Pumps for visiting the club. You already start the game with casual shoes.

MediaMarkt sells consumer electronics, their descriptions are all the the in-game Hints. All are, imo, optional purchases.

Victorias Secret sells underwear/lignerie, which are good for their permanent looks-boost. (Note that the one from the panties is lost when you toggle Lizzy to not wear any)

At SunCity you can work on your tan after buying googles. You can do this just as well in the park or at the beach, but in the park it's very difficult to get the neccessary event frequently enough and going to the beach is a big detour.

Anna-Van-Toor is where you buy a Dress if you want to get into the club. (Possibly you have to buy the office outfit somewhere in the Library career path?)

The Sports shop sells the gear for doing sports like Jogging in the Park or actual training in the Wellness Center. Also a yoga mat and sunglasses the latter of which you can also get at the shop in central.

Each of the items you buy here provides a permanent boost to your looks, so they are very useful purchases, but you'll have to fork out quite a bit of cash.

Northern Amsterdam contains only the Wellness Center and, provided you need it for your current job, Donnys photo studio.

To enter, you have to buy a day, week or lifetime-pass. In most situations, a day pass will be your best bet, because otherwise you'd have to schedule at least five visits a week to be cost effective, which is rather unlikely, or be able to affor the $2000 the lifetime membership costs (which will only be very, very later in the game).
In the wellness center, you'll find a sauna, a clinic, a gym, a massage parlor and the pool.
Most of the locations provide minor stat boosts. The clinic is invaluable, as this is where you can get your STDs and addictions cured or even pick up a health boost should it sink too low. The gym is required to train fitness above 26, for self-defence and possibly pole-dancing classes.

One final location that I haven't mentioned yet is the beach, you can go there by visiting a bus stop and picking the appropriate destination, to enter you need a bikini, sunglasses and sandals.
The location is mostly good for sunbathing and not much else as there are few notable events otherwise.
Except there's a chance for starting a Donny shoot questline if you have not yet met him otherwise, but I have been unable to trigger it.

Working the dials:

As I wrote earlier, since there's no good paths as of now, what you want to do to unlock the content you want to see is work on those stats. The main drivers are Liberty and Dignity, the former should be high, the lesser low.
The photoshoot career is designed to almost automatically get those values to where they need to be, which is why I recommend it for first-time players.
The cleaning/maid job works in a somewhat similar fashion, but has the major downside of a horrible paycheck.
Working in the flower shop is the hardest in this regard, as working the job itself increases your dignity, plus it requires a lot of studying which increases it as well. So you'll have to rely quite a bit on running into random encounters decreasing your dignity, because most of the reliable options to do so only unlock later in the game.
Get this Liberty up and this Dignity down and you'll start seeing the content you're likely here for.
Despite hygiene and the likes and health (covered below) intelligence plays a minor role. Some options are unavailable if your intelligence is too high - I'm not sure if also vice versa.
When Lizzy does lewd things and keeps doing them, the game will usually lower her intelligence. If you want to combat that, the best way is to stock up on books and read them in your bedroom.

Health issues:

Health is a stat that mostly decreases when you have Lizzy do depraved stuff, when Lizzy has her period or when she uses drugs. Napping and stuff increase health, and you have the option of using a public toilet, which increases health by one point at a slight cost to hygiene, so health issues are mostly a non-issue.

Addictions:

Most jobs will eventually drive you into either one or more addictions. You can have these cured at the clinic for a reasonable price, so if you stay addicted it's probably for roleplaying reasons. Being addicted unlocks some random events or has some play out differently, but for the most part ithey are not much of a bother.
A major exception is cum-addiction, though. If Lizzy is addicted to cum, she will eventually no longer charge money when servicing Gloryholes, which takes away an income source.
All addictions have severity levels up to 5, as far as I can tell they only increase the costs of not satisfying the addiction - which can be severe at high levels. It is, however, fairly easy to not get any negative results by satisfying the addiction at least every other day. Weed can be purchased for cheap in the park, Breezers are a cheap way to satisfy that alcohol craving, the cum addiction will take care of itself on most paths and there's always the gloryholes.
As for cokaine, there seems to be another Donny job-chain started when meeting him at the beach involving cokaine, but other than that, this addiction is very hard to pick up. You'd have to run into the dealer by chance as described above and then use it on your own accord or there's a rare event when you're invited to a coke powered gangbang in the club, but it's so rare and it boosts coke desire so slowly that you'd have to be extemely "lucky" to pick up the addiction that way. Anyway, should you have coke addiction, you can get the white powder for free provided you're willing to blow off your dealer.

The treadmill:

If you think you have played games before that were grindy, Life Choices may introduce you to a whole new level of it.
It's also the worst kind of grind, often you'll be forced to go through the same motions for two or three whole weeks, where all you do is do mundane stuff which keeps you aligned to do that one visit every day, four or five times a week, which gives you story progression. And when you've done this thirty times in a row, that's not fun at all.
In the story encounters, there's minor variations like different pictures being shown or text snippets being swapped in and out, but you usually revisit the same even a dozen times or more before being spoonfed the next little new scene.
My advice is to give yourself a rigorous schedule of only the most basic things required to move along.
Get rid of addictions not involved in the storyline. Stock up on every consumable you feel you need and skip all that are not mandatory. Do not visit locations that you do not have to visit after you have seen their content.
Fly through the days as fast as you can, lest you burn out before seing all your respective storyline has to offer.

Cheating:

It's fairly easy. In most browsers, you hit F12 to open the JavaScript developer tools. In the console, you write SugarCube.State.active.variables to get a list of all variables. Depending on your configuration, you can edit the variables right there in the resulting list or you can get the name of a variable and then type this in the console to edit its value, i.e. SugarCube.State.active.variables.Cash = 2000 will set your money to 2000.

Final considerations:

I'll likely not play the game again before there's a major new version, so all changes will likely rely on others providing additional information - so if you have some insight you want me to add for the benefit of other players, drop me a PM.
This is god's work. Thank you.

Somebody add this to the OP.

Sep 10, 2017

What's the game about:

Starting out:

The apartment:

No money mo' problems:

Earning a living:

Library help:

Photomodel career:

The Flower shop:

Cleaning offices:

Places to go:

• The pub.
  • The park.
  • The library.
  • A church.

The Bijlmer contains:
  • The club.
  • The loan shark.
  • The mall.

Working the dials:

Health issues:

Addictions:

The treadmill:

Cheating:

Final considerations:

1555922639946.png

Rotlaus

Apr 28, 2018
Really love the game, lots of fun. Just one Issue:

On Linux some of the pictures don't work.

The Problem seems to be the upper/lower case of the file endings. For example 'Amsterdam/Icons/Job3.PNG' should be 'Amsterdam/Icons/Job3.png' as the latter is used in the game. So the file endings should be lower case. This is not a problem under Windows as it ignores the upper/lower case of the filenames. There are also a few JPG <-> jpg in other directories.

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
That works too I guess... In all html games I just open the file with sublime (or any other text editor) find which variable I want to change and do it there. For example "money = money - 10" becomes "money = money + 10". Works for any stats you want to increase/decrease during actions. You can also copy these line anywhere so it would happen all at once.

SlaaneshiDrone369

Sep 2, 2018
Pretty fun game, just 1 thing though.. Who the hell would buy weed of a dealer instead of one of the milion coffeeshops when in Amsterdam? especially a (initially) Naive foreigner

imthekoolkid

Feb 9, 2018
Guys, I can't unlock the clinic. Any help? I keep going between the city centre and the north, checking the message board but nothing. :(

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Guys, I can't unlock the clinic. Any help? I keep going between the city centre and the north, checking the message board but nothing.
Northern Amsterdam contains only the Wellness Center...
The Wellness Center is also unlocked by a flyer and a very useful location. To enter, you have to buy a day, week or lifetime-pass. In the wellness center, you'll find a sauna, a clinic, a gym, a massage parlor and the pool.
If I recall, the flyer is discovered randomly by walking around town and maybe even discoverable on the message board. It seems you're doing everything right, just bad results with the RNG. Hope that helps; have fun with the game! ;]

3.30 star(s) 45 Votes