Ren'Py - Life in Santa County [v0.9.1] [Bold Bash Studios]

1. 2.00 star(s)

privitude

MC is a weird looking sub who keeps getting dominated. There was clearly effort put into making the skin look good, and they did avoid the "plastic" look, but now the texture looks really strange. As do quite a few facial expressions.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Pogo123

Have to give it just 3 stars even i would rerally like to give it more cause it has quality and makes quite a lot things really good. But thats my personal review. And yes, i played it till day 3.

Pros:
    + great renders, models
    + all women and girls are tastfully curvy
    + nice animations
    + explosion looked dope (even i didn't run on gas kinda strange)
    + old men look old and some also fat nice
    + great english
    + great soundmix with personalised tracks for certain characters/locations)
    + timberlake motherlover track +1
    +professional looking outro and tasteful mainscreen
    + even the filling background ppl are detailed and sexy!
    Cons:
    - no ntr
    - forced cuckold with the mc...
    - can't "lose" girls really to other guys...
    - no sex scenes with those awesome old guys lik Billy or Sario
    - some milf faces look too "cornered"
    - not really avoidable flirting and sex with the mc...
    - ron looks more sympathetic than mc
    - both are smooth boys...
    - phone navigations is interesting but superfluous
    - not even multiple characters (like playing as the girls) or at least billy as the mc...

About the girls visuals:
    - Lauren: looks hot nice body, reminds me a bit of that girl from Resident Evil sad she doesn't has wild sex with her old sugardaddy
    - Rose: Face looks a bit bland but nice curves and dominant attitude
    - Camelia: cute one nice style nice curves nice freckles but for not an attractive face and not that fitting hairstyle imo
    - Iris: nice :)
    - Sophia: great! :) would love to see her with Billy :)
    - Chloe: very curvy but least attractive face of all females
    - Elena: sweet and sexy :)
    - Karen and Sarah also really nice :)
    - Alessia: one of my favs with Sophia and a few others :)
    my gosh even the Rose-Seller is hot and curvy.

Sad this is not ntr and you can only cheat with the mc i am not interested in.... not even really multiple characters.... but i have to stay objective and can't give the game a worser rating sadly even it was sexual-fetish wise a big bummer (and thats the focus on adult games normally). Cause the quality and girls are just too good. fuck.

I would highly recommend to put the disclaimer that this game is not ntr and a boring mainstream project on the top over the intro and not in way too small letters somewhere in the middle of everything..
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 24507

Excellent images and animations.
    MILFs and girls in general with excellent bodies.

If it were to give a suggestion about the appearance of the female characters, some points would be:

Both the mother, aunt and teacher have short hair, being very similar to each other, not that they are ugly, but to give more difference between the characters that seem to be from the main arc of the story, there could be a greater variation of models and colors of hair.

And the blue haired sister's face could also look a little younger!
    Answered New Rating after 0.3
    (I don't if the dev readed my rating before, but that IRIS (sister) now not have more blue hair and have her appearance most young with sure stayied much better!)

Story to be very promising too.
    Answered New Rating after 0.3
    (made me very curious to know the whole mystery of the school)

My score will CONTINUED being 5 to motivate the author to continue the game doing better and better! :love:
  4. 1.00 star(s)

DonTirri

Man... The renders are so good that I WANT to like this game. But the dialogue just kills it. Flat out murders any desire to continue.

Starting off with the "MC's BF is a legit braindead moron who get caught up indebted to a drug dealer" was a major turnoff for me to start with... and it just got worse and worse.

ANY sane guy would have told Ron to go fix his own mess, no matter how good of a friend he was. No. Just... No.
    I tried to get pass the godawful writing but I just couldn't be arsed. Ended up just unrening the renders to see whats in there. It is good stuff. Shame they are tied to such bad writing.
    Hard pass.
    Man... The renders are so good that I WANT to like this game. But the dialogue just kills it. Flat out murders any desire to continue.

Starting off with the "MC's BF is a legit braindead moron who get caught up indebted to a drug dealer" was a major turnoff for me to start with... and it just got worse and worse.

ANY sane guy would have told Ron to go fix his own mess, no matter how good of a friend he was. No. Just... No.
    I tried to get pass the godawful writing but I just couldn't be arsed. Ended up just unrening the renders to see whats in there. It is good stuff. Shame they are tied to such bad writing.
    Hard pass.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Arcanw

Very promising nice game. Congratulate all the people working on this game. Expecting further version. hope will climb the place the game deserves asap.
    It is 2.3 gb but graph and story looks promising. For the first version it is in very good level.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

The Revenant

Great visuals, great characters, nice mystery all around. Great story line as well. An upcoming banger from my perspective.
    Could improve a bit with Ron but if he is a douche and as a best friend I guess the MC copes with him. Although I would like to see some friendship act from Ron too.
    Love the scenes and animations too. The story could be a bit more in depth to make it more intriguing but carry on as u are my friend.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

shakhawat2

From the beginning the gameplay was so awesome, i just loved this game.
    Story of this game are marvelous but the dev must need to update the game asap and continue the story. Everyone will appreciate the game as far as i believe.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3589402

It's not that much sex in the prolunge, so if that's what you where looking for then in hinsight it's easy to say that you might as well wait and see later. The prolunge has two themes, a virgin boy discovering the dimensions of sex, power and violence and the internet meme Karen. After the boy has lost his viriginity, which of course is an horrible experience for most people, there are many potential directions in the future. If you are into fucking demanding middle class white women in awkward encounters, then this is most likely the game for you.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Ezek17

Hey dudes,

Five stars for sure, this game is really what I want to taste with really great pictures and fetish contents. Also it goes direct to the point without superfluous content.

Go ahead Mr Monroe, you done a rellay good job from now !

TY
  10. 2.00 star(s)

BabooJ1

I really want to like this game but I just can't.

The renders and animation for this game are spot on and can't be faulted but the writing is where this game is let down big time.

Okay, two high school kids getting into trouble is fine but every fucking time they keep getting into one clusterfuck after another. The MC and his side kick are the worst protags I have ever seen and don't have a single brain cell between the both of them.

The dialog and writing just tries to be, I don't know, clever, witty but just falls flat on it's face. Okay, the MC gets dragged into this by his useless sidekick but the MC just seems to whinge and cry since things don't go his way. A weak ass MC was fine once upon a time but those days are gone. why not have an MC that doesn't take shit and calls evil dudes bluff? He has far more to lose than MC since his source to get jobs done is gone.

Maybe, I'm being too picky right now but so far this game hasn't hooked me and making me wait with a hardon for the next update.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

martisanchez

A very good game that introduces you through a prologue to what the story is going to do. The characters have feelings and are well developed. The protagonist also has an engaging story. The only thing that fails is the consequences of the decisions but they have already said that it will have it in a future chapter. The renders and animations are great.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

rainjones

Great Start and good job for an initial episode.
    Just a few issues regarding the dialog appearing too woody and expressionless but otherwise the graphics and the story building using the background intrigue was good.
    I have to admit that the setup for the sex scene was too far fetched. It could have been done away with or developed in a different manner which didn't involve the husband (e.g. set up a voyeur scene where the woman notyices and seduces MC) as it is very hard to believe that a grown man would catch his son's best friend in his bathroom & coerce him to have sex with his wife.
    The length of the content was also another good point where it was satisfyingly long but remained entertaining throughout.

Hope future updates will also have similar length of content or else it will be a disappointment.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Revan 12345

Honestly, this game is great. Easy to move, beautiful animations, renderings, etc, etc ... Even the story doesn't bother me. The story is a solid 8.5. These guys definitely deserve patreon support.

The icing on the cake is the fact that the main female character looks like Jill Valentine.

Guys, you are so talented. I really hope that others will recognize this and eventually increase your earnings.

Can't wait to see the future of this game.
  14. 2.00 star(s)

Tiggy69

Like everyone has already said the renders are pretty good. But that's where the positives end for me.

The free roam isn't difficult per se but it's impossible to find that fucking briefcase without the knowledge that it's under the bed. I went over it several times and it didn't light up even when i knew exactly where to look. The phone is also not fun to use, granted you only use it once

The writing is meh. It tries to be clever but comes off as annoying more than anything else. I get what's trying to be done with Ron, the stupid but lovable best friend, but he comes off ass an annoying piece of shit that no one would want to be friends with. The MC is also an idiot which if that's the goal then congratulations 10/10 game. The game tries to set up like a big reveal about the everyone in the town having a lot of secrets and ooh everything's not as it seems, but I don't care. I kinda care about the Landlady and her fetishes but it feels like it's too early to reveal as much information as they have. It's the first update we haven't spent enough time with these characters for this stuff to really hit hard and feel like it matters.

Game has potential though and I look forward to future updats
  15. 3.00 star(s)

gr33nappleboy

Right off the bat, there is a buttload of content to go through. Renders are top notch. Everything in the background and foreground looks solid and characters for the most part look good - the two exceptions being Karen sometimes looking a little too much like Gollum in some scenes and Iris looking like she's in her mid 30s.... Animations are also pretty smooth

Interface is pretty professional and very clean which started me off on the right foot and gave me high expectations for the game. But.....

It took me all of 2 minutes to give myself a concussion for how mind-numbingly annoying Ron and this friendship is. They both act like 12 year olds at best with 0 IQ and the back and forth about their mothers is unbearable. Ron is right up there with some of the most annoying friends I've seen in these VNs.

Also wouldn't have forced this relationship thing with Camelia when I had no interest in doing so. At this early of a point in the game, it's best to hint at the start of relationships or make crushes on the MC known so as to provide further development down the road and give us a choice as to whether or not we want to continue

I wanna stay to see how this thing goes. I'm not gonna bash the free roam aspect as that is purely subjective but the dialogue needs to be adjusted heavily 'cause I'm not sure how much more idiocy I can take between the two. It has enough of a foundation to be a great game but when a good chunk of it is spent hating our existence having to listen to their bickering, it lowers the chances of reaching that potential tenfold
  16. 5.00 star(s)

DAOfan

One of the best new games (0.1 update) I have ever played. Good Story, nice renders, hot mom, aunt and neightbour, bitch cousin, 2+ hours. I think it has all the ingredients to be one of the best games.

I look forward for the next updates.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Drainer002

Wow, just wow,
    I was sertenly captivated and swept away in this story.
    The writing is pretty good, combined with the renders most of it feels spot on, I was feeling tens on the darker notes of the story and felt good at the erotism parts the latter might give a feeling of "i miss something in dept before this point", but then again its puberty we are talking about hehe.

I was surprised at how much content there was for the v0.1 release.
    so to translate this a bit:
    Pro's:
    * Good renders (from what i understand they will be even better in the future, if they find the funds for improving hardware.)
    * Strong story, most of it is nice in dept.
    * The animations are good (only the last animation could be a bit nicer, though i do understand why its out of dept/faded.)
    * I have a somewhat mixed feeling about the characters persona, (saintlike vs evil) but i guess if you take note of a few key notes, this will become even more pleasant in future updates (diversity).

Con's:

* The only real problem i have right now is the jump (in timeline) between some scene's, you jump from one place to another in another timeframe, wich sometimes is quite confusing, a simple fix for this would even be a black frame telling you "5 hours later you arive..." or before you go here you do that. So you dont need a render if you dont want to, but might be a little extra ;).

So all in all, verry good work, keep on going, i for one am lusting for more of this story.
  18. 3.00 star(s)

lynnaan

I had hope when I saw this game, but there is still a lot to do to make it good.

- The story focuses a lot on milfs, and less on others (not my thing, but I accept).
    - Not really significant choices.
    - Beautiful but illogical renders: milfs that look like 25 years old... still apparent nipples...
    - The free roams are very difficult to play, the phone is poorly optimized, and I remained stuck in the second free roam, where you have to find a hiding place to steal the bag... I wouldn’t go any further in the game.
  19. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2024661

I am sure you gave it your best effort, you were trying to be clever and funny. If I were 12 years old, I am sure this would have my undivided attention. Since I am not, I found it very difficult to stay with and the back story took me to the edge of leaving, so I did. I hope your next effort matures and can keep the attention of adults.
    The graphics were not bad, not all men like oversized women. So the reason he came to school every morning had me cringing. I wish you better success next time.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Regis9

i just started and it about 3 hours ago and still not finished (i take my time and and alternate between the web and the game) the art is great love it !! the story is ok since im not that huge on this part and what i really liked is the content on the first release is more than 2gb instead of the 100mb bs 10 min and your done XD anyway wanted to support the devs and to continue to work on this game thank you.