Lighting and Characters' Skins in Daz3D

NSF-95

Jun 28, 2018
Hey guys, so I'm experimenting around with some Different environments in Daz3D like in this one : https://f95zone.to/threads/stz-bedroom-7.31166/ to be specific and one of the major problems that I have run into which has troubled me the most is lighting and it's presets, which I have sat hours to try and debunk this but with no good results.
My concern is why is the lighting preset included with it, does not work or do I have to do something different and if you have some tips for improving lighting. And also about the skin presets for a character seem to be quite crucial to add a bit more to your final picture and if you have some pointers for this one as well it would be wonderful!:)

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
The room lights are there for promotional purposes only, they are borderline useless for lighting a character, hence why you never see a character in their promo pics. You need to direct light directly onto the characters, either using spotlights or emission lights (I use the later cos it's quicker to set up). Youtube daz 3 point lighting, you need to get an understanding of the basics of it. Don't despair though, lighting is the stumbling block for every daz artist.

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Look into the Iray Ghost Lighting Kits:

Couldn't imagine rendering with them now, means you can get decent looking realistic renders without everything being luminous and shadowless or having tons of spotlights per scene.

Also if you render outdoors look into HDRI's, a good one is:

They can really help your renders look as though the sun is the main light and it is fairly easy to set up.