VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Lilith's Longing [v1.0] [Clever Name Games]

1. 3.00 star(s)

dimsey87

I appreciate that the main game let's you know when to play this side one. Too many devs when they do special episodes or what have you as a seperate download don't really make such details plainly obvious so honestly I don't usually bother with them. And I wasn't gonna play this one either until the game let me know I should.

Honestly my only real complaint about this side project is that unlike the main game there was no prompt to change characters names, so I had to deal with the girls calling Frank, well, Frank.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

WiseReader

Great side story, I am on team Lilith and it was great to know her better. The focus on her thoughts and all these past events really supports the main plot.
    This side story is a great addition to an already great story, looking forward for the rest of the side stories. Thanks !
  3. 5.00 star(s)

JDReeco

I enjoyed the sidestory of Lilith very much. The deeper insight on her feelings and her break up with her boyfriend and especially the emotional chaos regarding her dad was a great addition.
    I think it makes her much more loveable.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

kibaris

A great addition to the main story, I didn't enjoy the beginning with Justin so much but the scenes with Becca and especially at the end when Lilly remembers different events with Frank and finally opens her eyes and realizes that she already had everything she wanted from the beginning (a father who loves her and will never abandon her) is really touching.
    It's already partially explained in the main story but discovering it through Lilly's eyes really helps to see her in a better light and especially for who she really is (a sweet girl with some flaw but a big heart that fear abandonment) and apart from the fact that there's a little too much sex with Justin and that it's not present in the main story I don't really have any critics so 4 stars + 1 bonus because I didn't appreciate Lilly more than that and this side story really succeeded in making me like her.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2368932

An excellent little side story focused on our favorite evil step-daughter. It has the trademark excellent writing, and is very touching. Lilith's realization or epiphany is damn near worth shedding a tear. If you don't want to see Lilith getting it on with that asshole BF, fret not, there's a mod for that!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

jmcronshaw

Unsurprisingly a tremendously well written addition to the Single Again universe. Getting some background and perspective from one of the LIs from Single Again just solidifies the excellent characterization already present in that game. Excellent insight and some really touching and heartfelt moments. the sex scenes are a secondary consideration here but they are still solid and the scenes with Abby are especially nice. Don't let the tags scare you anyone who is a fan of Single Again should play this game
  7. 5.00 star(s)

KnightOwlSC

An awesome addition to the Single Again story line. I really like this as a separate project since it makes it optional and keeps the main game forum free of the complainers who aren't going to be happy with all the non-MC male content. I really liked seeing things from Lillith's perspective, especially the last night which was so poignant.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Dkin

The history it's pretty meh and the game it's totally linear. Well it's a visual novel, but it take to the letter.

About the rest aspects of the game: the renders are pretty good and the animations are good. And it has no sound or music.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

hornydit

Very good side story that gives us some more details into Lilith's thinking and experience. Definitely added to the story in a positive way and puts some background into some of the stuff we hear about in the main game.

This would probably best fit into the main game so the timing of the events are more clear but I guess the developer didn't want people to cry about the NTR...
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Budgy75

Love this addition to Single Again, i personally appreciate the dev taking the time to expand out the story, Lilith is a great character and seeing the events from the main game from a different perspective gave a level of depth that you wouldn't normally get. Add that to the fact that it gives another opportunity to see the cute characters in different situations. (y) :love:
  11. 5.00 star(s)

TValia

Review V1.0
    This is a Sidestory from the Perspective of Lilith.
    You should have played Single Again [v.0.11] before starting this.
    Be warned: Some of you wont like to see the love interest with other People, even if you knew from the main game that this things happen, i do understand that some doesnt want to see it.
    If you can tolerate this and like Single Again so far then it is without a doubt a great experience you shouldnt miss.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Jolong22

Definetely a good side story for Single Again. Compared to the main game, quality of renders is on the same level - very good. Story is interesting, gives more details about events happening in SA, another POV and background. Writing is good as well, maybe some typos but it doesn't change that CNG made very good and interesting story with well written characters and development. Definetely recommend to fans of SA as well as stand alone shorter, rather kinetic novel. 8/10. [v1.0].
  13. 5.00 star(s)

galora

This is very good, I need to say from the get go : If you like Single Again, play this game! I understand not liking ntr, I didn't enjoy it and skimmed most of it. But it serves the story well, if you can't handle it use the skip mod (I haven't tried it)

The elements in this that serve the story of the main game are awesome, and for anyone developing VNs to take the risks of including ntr (in a side game) should tell you it's necessary to the story!

I loved seeing this side to Liliths character, the dev shows a whole range of emotions you never get to see in vns.

A lot of animations, with clipping I can't not talk about. But still the effort gone into making a kissing animation look natural and loving is again not something you see from most devs.

Even the ntr scenes show Lillys emotions and show a cute and loving side to a character about to play a large role in the main game.

Awesome way to expand the story from another pov.... This side story is truly something original in the way the pov is used to give depth to a game where the mc has to guess everything.

I didn't put to much effort in writting this well but I hope you'll get my point : you should play this and the dev did something I really loved!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

tittenundso

Holy hell. This Story told from Lilith's perspective is super well written. Actually an emotional engaging narrative.
    While it has sex scenes I would not recommend this as fap material but rather as excellent addition to the story of single again if you then care about it.
    If Single Again was a TV Series I would actually be worried about Lilith dying in the next episode, haha.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Neonero

I'd usually rather play a game than watch a kinetic novel, but this one is really good and a substantial addition to the main game.
    The storytelling is great, both technically and content wise. Lilly is a great character with shortcomings and potential growth.

It's funny to see how people see her so differently. To me, it's clear that the developer wants to portray her clearly as the daughter of Shannon yet at the same time she's very different to her mom. How she owns her own mistake is both impressive and sad.
    I think it's obvious in the main game why the MC cares so much for her, but with this KN we can see how they formed their first bonds. Despite her attitude, the MC can see she's a much better person than her mom ever is.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

zackjack177

Finished it.
    This was great character development and background info all around. You could take the sex out of it and its stil good. Trying to wedge it into the main story would of been weird so sepearate episode was good idea to not fuck pacing up of main story. The Lilly we meet at start of main vs this one we see is such a huge change and now we get more of a WHY she is how she is. Ex's bit was extremely sad. and you get hit harder than you do in main part a bit. Also get to see interact with Becca without Frank around which was nice.5/5
  17. 5.00 star(s)

m4pII

Not a fan of side stories, but to my surprise, I really liked this one.
    A great addition to the main plot, and a great reveal of one of the best characters.
    Hope to see the same stories about the other main heroes.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

lkta

Really liked this. Love Lilly anyway but this would have been too much to cram into the main game so doing it this way worked well and ended up being a nice length that adds something to the main story. Guess the usual folks will rage about Justin but hey ho. Hopefully we get a few more updates to the main game before the inevitable Becca side story
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Dicks McKenzie

Solid stuff, but I'm a little confused as to why it's a side game tbh.
    Feels like this was planned as a main game update but CNG made it a side story so not to whip people into a frenzy over fears of the "spooky N acronym".
    I say this because some of the story beats/character moments that happen here directly link to the main game, so if you don't play this I guess some things in the main story wont make sense?
    Maybe the dev will write around it, who knows.

But yeah, it's pretty good. Some of the animations are still janky but you can tell they're learning as they build.

As a final point, don't worry, this is a fairly vanilla FP adventure. There's no actual NTR in this - so if you were worried about that rest easy.

Short and sweet little jaunt worthy of a bash.