Zach_Crimson

Jul 22, 2019
Going totally offtopic here for a moment, but the actual physical switch in your mouse has lost tension. Apparently Razer has a hack-"fix" firmware update that suppresses those ultra fast double clicks or if you're the adventurous/tinkering sort, there's tutorials on how to bend the things back into shape.
can ya send me a link to the firmware update?

D

Deleted member 2166807

Dev's just been adding and removing and tweaking things at random for over a year--and "over a year" is just an estimate based on how long I've been waiting. I think I recall it being much longer for others. There's hardly a rhyme or reason. Just filler for the most part to keep the game in people's minds until she's ready to move the story along for those who've beat the game 100x up to it's current stopping point with no reason to actually go back to even experience any of the scraps being tossed out. In the discord she's basically admitting that even this thing she's added is something she plans to change later on once she figures out what she wants to do. My guess is, rather than outright clearing the tiles, it'll be simply lowering the encounter rate to simulate that some creatures are hiding during the storms rather than absolutely all of them. She'll pretend to figure this out in another filler episode.

I agree with this. There's definitely more important game-affecting things to be doing. Either continuing the story itself in a significant way or expanding and properly developing the sandbox so that the world is playable in an interesting way even without further story development.

1. Adding player enslavement as a threat.
2. Adding economic incentives. Costs and inflation that actually force the player to seek money and improve their economic output or suffer the consequences of not meeting (insert payments needed here).
3. Making the outcomes of losing more interesting and substantial.
4. Destruction or theft of clothing by enemies.
5. Being forced into different clothing by enemies, with various different curses and so on.

Just give it a sandbox gameplay loop so that people can enjoy the sandbox itself. The player needs a motivation to seek work and to improve their income, one that gets larger over time to force the player to seek more and more income, this causes the player to need work and take on increasingly more risky things until the player eventually ""loses"" and is rewarded with slavery and other lose-conditions. These can then be escaped or otherwise for the player to seek to improve their circumstances or not. And so on and so forth.

If the sandbox itself were developed and fleshed out like the sandbox in Degrees of Lewdity then what is currently there would be significantly more enjoyable while waiting for story itself. Right now however there's like 20% of an extremely unbalanced sandbox and an extremely linear story to follow. The potential of the game is absolutely excellent because the tiny details of combat interactions have been fleshed out very well but there is almost no focus on the broad big picture of the gameplay motivations for the player and sandbox itself. No incentives, no gameplay loop, no driving forces to press the player into taking risk and no real consequences.

Ayumi T

Sep 16, 2019
I agree with this. There's definitely more important game-affecting things to be doing. Either continuing the story itself in a significant way or expanding and properly developing the sandbox so that the world is playable in an interesting way even without further story development.

2. Adding economic incentives. Costs and inflation that actually force the player to seek money and improve their economic output or suffer the consequences of not meeting (insert payments needed here).
5. Being forced into different clothing by enemies, with various different curses and so on.

Just give it a sandbox gameplay loop so that people can enjoy the sandbox itself. The player needs a motivation to seek work and to improve their income, one that gets larger over time to force the player to seek more and more income, this causes the player to need work and take on increasingly more risky things until the player eventually ""loses"" and is rewarded with slavery and other lose-conditions. These can then be escaped or otherwise for the player to seek to improve their circumstances or not. And so on and so forth.

If the sandbox itself were developed and fleshed out like the sandbox in Degrees of Lewdity then what is currently there would be significantly more enjoyable while waiting for story itself. Right now however there's like 20% of an extremely unbalanced sandbox and an extremely linear story to follow. The potential of the game is absolutely excellent because the tiny details of combat interactions have been fleshed out very well but there is almost no focus on the broad big picture of the gameplay motivations for the player and sandbox itself. No incentives, no gameplay loop, no driving forces to press the player into taking risk and no real consequences.
Totally agree with all your points regarding more sandbox.

I wish there were variations in the NPC dialogues, because they mostly say the same exact lines. The speech traits are nice, but it would be better if there were different lines for different personalities.

Another thing that bugs me is that some NPCs don't react to you any differently even if their relationship to you is 'despise'. I think in addition to relationships with NPCs, there should also be a general reputation for your MC. Right now, it doesn't matter if you play as a good person or a jerk, the MC talks the same exact way and people don't really treat you any different either.

Reactions: JackH13

mordredw

Oct 12, 2017
Question: Why does it not let me masturbate in front of a non-slave? I befriended one of the Succubi around town, have them in a guest room and it doesn't let me masturbate in front of them. Is it blocked when they are in your party?

regicide123

May 3, 2019
Question: Why does it not let me masturbate in front of a non-slave? I befriended one of the Succubi around town, have them in a guest room and it doesn't let me masturbate in front of them. Is it blocked when they are in your party?
you could presumably enter a sex scene and change position so that your target is spectating

stuffinabox

Aug 15, 2018
A rival, character ambitions, gang affiliations, property, contraband, disciplinary actions, crackdowns, rent, family feuding, infighting, political intrigue, businesses instead of just eat out of house & home party girl simulator would be nice. Besides some narrative descriptions the sex, fighting and for anything that isn't written out, it needs content and variety. It's bare bones but one thing it needs desperately is at least alternative dialogue for starters. Dialogue & scenes. It shouldn't be difficult to write those out no matter how stupidly cheesy they are.

Reactions: jimboinlimbo

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018

I like DoL, but just because it fits there doesn't mean every game needs a BS rent mechanic slapped on or to force the player to deal with annoying shit for most of their waking time.

stuffinabox

Aug 15, 2018
I like DoL, but just because it fits there doesn't mean every game needs a BS rent mechanic slapped on or to force the player to deal with annoying shit for most of their waking time.
City property with unique encounters then would be nice. The harpies are an example of what -one- kind of situation could be. Quite frankly I don't know what to make of it.

Zach_Crimson

Jul 22, 2019

do u mean the player u control cause technically u can enslave yourself already since any character u export can be imported at the auction in slaver's alley.

HideyoshiMonkey

Mar 16, 2020
I would imagine he means something akin to Amber's enslave content but on a more constant basis rather than being triggered for just a scene. The PC can enslave people by placing enchanted collars on them, and Amber's collar is enchanted with Jinx but not Enslavement. It sounds as if the idea would be to have NPCs (likely with varying degrees of checks/balancing) be able to Enslave the wearer to an extent.

Player Enslavement is a tricky thing however, hard to keep content fresh for such a thing. But I could see it working in a few ways. Different degrees of enslavement, willing/unwilling etc. Difficult but doable.

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
The bad route in the rat warrens is essentially that (once the last placeholders get filled in). It's easiest to do in more controlled quest environments rather than in complete free play.

D

Deleted member 2166807

Without any economic incentive there is literally no point at all in having hundreds of different ways for the player to make ridiculous quantities of cash. There is no driving force there.

A game gives uses incentives to drive a player to using different mechanics within the game for their survival. The threat is what drives the player.

Without this you just have a playground that ultimately stops being a game when the player has experienced the different features because the only driving force they have is "use the feature". There's nothing motivating them to use it anymore therefore they simply won't.

What you end up with when you build a sandbox without incentives and driving forces is a whole bunch of different game mechanics with absolutely nothing that links them all together. You must link things together or really you haven't got a game.

If the thing that links the features together is the story itself then players will ultimately find the game has no replay value after they've already done the story because there will be no motivation applied to the player to use anything.

Games are ultimately about setting goals, giving a driving force that challenges the player, and asking the player to overcome the challenge. Improving on the challenge is the very point of games and what gives them replayability.

If it's a problem for people just give them "sandbox ultra easy testing mode" where there's no driving force and indicate it's not the way the game is supposed to be played.

The reason people keep coming back to DoL over and over and over again is because while the sex content is enjoyable it actually provides a challenging game that players WANT to overcome.

The screen moves right is Mario's incentive. The blocks fall faster is Tetris' incentive. There's a monster RUN is Amnesia's incentive. Overcome the incentive.

Don't give players an incentive that challenges them and they'll find the game utterly boring once they've already seen the features because there's no actual "game", nothing to overcome and no challenge asking them to use the features.

If you make Tetris but the blocks can be frozen and the game never speeds up you'll find not many people find much replayability in it after they've made a few lines poof once or twice. Vrelnir understands this. I wish other developers and more of the audience would understand it too.

Gagarisimus

Oct 27, 2019
Can imported slaves even use magic? made a character with a focus on arcane and aura and everything seemed fine, but for some reason, they eventually went down to 0 arcane and 5 aura. I know the collar decreases on of those stats by 15 but I'm sure that character had more than that.
Also: can you use the debug menu to add stats to companions? Would be helpful in this kind of situation.

Edit: Found out it was my fault for not paying attention at the perk descriptions.
Turns out that the main characters stats differ from your slave counterparts and that the perks have the same names but different effects. for instance, the first arcane perk on the mc adds 20 but the one on the slave only adds 5.

Last edited:

mordredw

Oct 12, 2017
Also: can you use the debug menu to add stats to companions? Would be helpful in this kind of situation.
The debug menu is for you only. You can spawn potions to add fetishes, but I thin that's it, besides giving you the best gear (Dark Siren weapon/gear for example), to add to the companions.

If its imported, you can use it to add stats, then export it afterwards.

Since I essentially completed it, this update, I am only helpful with very few parts of the game.

Can imported slaves even use magic? made a character with a focus on arcane and aura and everything seemed fine, but for some reason, they eventually went down to 0 arcane and 5 aura. I know the collar decreases on of those stats by 15 but I'm sure that character had more than that.
I just tested it real quickly; from a single fight, yes. I imported my first character, which like you, was focused on Arcane/Aura. She had 100 pre-import, but the collar dropped it to 47. Aura was cut in half (it was around 600 pre-import). She was is level 23, so my questions; what was the Arcane and Aura pre-import and level?

EDIT: Forget to mention; to control what your companion does, there is a "target: YOU", click that and it should say "target:" and whatever you put as your imported character's name (for me, it's target: EMMA). Then swap to the command tab, the furthest one to the right. There is an option for spell. They'll randomly select one they can cast.

Last edited:

Mr Technician

Apr 30, 2018
I like the game and the idea that i can configure some aspects of the game by editing xml files. Made myself a better version of Dark Siren Scythe... No arcane used, even higher dmg and its One-handed.
Dark_sirens_scythe.jpg
And i think this one has got amazing svg art making it looking very devilish.

Last edited:

mordredw

Oct 12, 2017
I like the game and the idea that i can configure some aspects of the game by editing xml files. Made myself a better version of Dark Siren Scythe... No arcane used, even higher dmg and its One-handed.
View attachment 640125
And i think this one has got amazing svg art making it looking very devilish.

Now, I need to learn how to do this. The stupid "prohibits self-transformation" is very annoying. Its not self-transform, if I'm doing it.

Mr Technician

Apr 30, 2018
Now, I need to learn how to do this. The stupid "prohibits self-transformation" is very annoying. Its not self-transform, if I'm doing it.
Well it's not that hard actually to edit any existing files. But also keep in mind that by doing it means that ANY character which can have that weapon would have exact same weapon stats. That also means yes for your enemy, and not just you alone.
Which can make the game even more challanging in some situations - if you like that idea.
To the point here: editing xml files.
Go to folder: \Lilith's Throne (exe version)\res\weapons\innoxia\scythe
there you have got two files:
1588321268303.png
*.svg is a graphical format - scalable vector graphics - just leave it be and don't do anything with it
*.xml is basically text-type file - edit this one with text file editor, best would be like Notepad++ (has got a syntax highlighting)
Those are normal values in scythe.xml:
XML:
<description><![CDATA[A huge, arcane-bladed metal scythe. Enchanted by 'The Dark Siren' herself, this scythe holds tremendous power, and feels as light as a feather to the one who wields it. Such power comes at a cost, however, and each strike drains a huge amount of arcane essences from the wielder...]]></description>
<twoHanded>true</twoHanded>
<damage>100</damage>
<arcaneCost>10</arcaneCost>
And this is also what i have changed to look like this:
XML:
<description><![CDATA[A huge, arcane-bladed metal scythe. Enchanted by 'The Dark Siren' herself, this scythe holds tremendous power, and feels as light as a feather to the one who wields it. Such power comes at a cost, however, and each strike drains a huge amount of arcane essences from the wielder... NOT!]]></description>
<twoHanded>false</twoHanded>
<damage>200</damage>
<arcaneCost>0</arcaneCost>
This is however not a full file content - you will need to look around scythe.xml file to find them.
Fire enchant i have made in the game by enchanting it with Arcane.

EDIT: Fire enchanted because of high physical resistance of some enemy types, like slimes.

Last edited:

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Did you give them too much enchanted gear and tanked their stats by exceeding their enchantment capacity?

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes