Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Have you ever seen a more or less complex program/game that runs on stack completely?? Well, mario probably and other (s)nes/sega games. But they are more like historical curiosities than actual software now. Putting a code with sounds and graphics in so little space that even screenshot of a game have bigger size that whole package...wow, cool how did you make it? Not that I ever would do that...
Oh yeah, I can't even imagine the sort of effort that went into those kind of games. I try to keep my stuff light and fast whenever I can, but that's like a whole different level, lol

Is it capping event LOGS at 50 while the processes its supposed to log can go on infinitely?
Because that almost sounds like pasting an opaque sticker over a digital display and calling it fixed...
Nah, as doniwil mentioned it's actually limiting the size of the event viewer in the lower-right. That's a pretty huge improvement, as it both reduces the size of the object that holds the event text as well as the overhead from the GUI control itself. That event log can get pretty long after a long game session.

I kinda doubt it fixes the error.log issues, though. :/

Why the fuck would anyone write error logging to work that way. In what world would you ever want to completely copy a log and add it to the same log. That's just like, incredibly dumb. There's no way that would ever be useful.
Wouldn't be the first time I saw someone do something like this:

C:
string ErrorList = "";

void LogError(string str) {
    ErrorList += str;
    WriteToLog(ErrorList);  // should be str
}
Pretty easy to do if you aren't paying attention, but you'd think it would have been fixed by now. :|

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
I don't know jack about coding but if the error log can't hold more than 50 lines, then won't it become sort of redundant?
In limited experience, error logs can be useful to debug/troubleshoot/locate a problem. What the heck are you supposed to do with only 50 lines if, for example, the error is more extensive than that?

ebonheart2319

Jul 21, 2017
I don't know jack about coding but if the error log...
The bugfix in question was the EVENT LOG in the corner is now limited to 50 lines...
The question I have, however, is if the scripts attached to that EVENT LOG behave like the error report.
The event log we SEE is limited to 50 lines, but is the game saving data elsewhere thousands/millions of lines long... like the error reports can.

The the recursive error log was brought up because of Inno's code habits. Which may or may not be related.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: IvoryOwl

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
You can afford a life-time pix gym subscription within 15 minutes of the game starting by selling some slaves. This makes further sessions free. You then have to spend half a year of in-game time training with pix, always declining her shower scene because that takes time (I've fully muscle memorized the process). This is the meta for every build. Since you will get hit a lot in this game, you either have be able to kill every enemy in one turn (this is basically impossible with 4 enemies unless you use an AOE weapon) or be able to take a ton of damage on higher difficulties.

I'm half considering modifying my game to prevent me from doing this because I can't help but play efficiently.
everyone else: Casually forgets you can become a dragon morph with an AOE ability as a racial trait

me: one-shotting my way through the game using said dragon breath ability.

also me: BuRn In HoLy FiRe

EDIT: On Dragon-Morphs

unlike what one would expect you dont actually need to shift your face into that of a dragon morph to obtain the fire breathing ability - in fact, all you need is for the game to classify you as a dragon of some kind. so, in that sense, if you start from human and change your eyes to be draconic it would class you as a dragon morph and bam, you gain the dragon breath ability with little to no transformations and can now one-shot your way through almost anything.

oh, and you get like 50 physique and 50 arcane due to dragons being 'mythological' i guess??? but hey, who are you to argue?

Last edited:

Fikedever

May 26, 2020
Calling it a memory leak doesn't sit right with me, though. A memory leak is when you have something unexpected sapping up resources (generally, memory that is allocated, used, and never properly deallocated), and is generally pretty difficult—though not impossible—to do in managed languages like C# and Java because the garbage collector is specifically designed to check for stuff like that. When you let an object grow indefinitely, it isn't a memory leak—it's just you using memory.
These are the top three search result definitions/descriptions of a memory leak I found:

A memory leak is the gradual deterioration of system performance that occurs over time as the result of the fragmentation of a computer's RAM due to poorly designed or programmed applications that fail to free up memory segments when they are no longer needed."
It mentions "fail to free up memory when they are no longer needed". I would consider failing to drop an RC so the GC can do it's job an indirect form of failing to call free in manually managed languages.

In , a memory leak is a type of that occurs when a incorrectly manages in a way that memory which is no longer needed is not released. A memory leak may also happen when an is stored in memory but cannot be accessed by the running code.
See bold; manually managed memory is not a requirement.

Memory leak occurs when programmers create a memory in heap and forget to delete it.
I would consider failing to deallocate an RC when no longer needed forgetting to delete it.
A memory leak is the result of memory that has not been properly deallocated and is effectively lost.

Since C doesn't do automatic reference counting or garbage collection, this memory remains allocated and is effectively unusable after the function returns and the pointer falls out of scope*.

It's data that sticks around for far longer than intended due to a lack of an explicit deallocation.

Either way (and yes, I know I'm being pedantic), what's happening in LT isn't a memory leak. It's simply that the event log was uncapped and would eventually grow to stupidly large sizes.
I see no reason why a reasonable definition (including the ones above) would require failed explicit deallocation as a requirement for a memory leak. The only requirement should be failed deallocation, whether explicit (manually managed or GC bug) or implicit (failed to drop a pointer by keeping it after its usefullness).

"A memory leak is the result of memory that has not been properly deallocated and is effectively lost."
Also, by using the word "effectively", I could also argue your definition would fit in this case. Sure, the program still has the memory address, but the reference is effectively lost to the programmer.
I dunno. That use is a bit too far removed from the original definition for my liking. I think I'd just rather call it "wasting resources." :p
"Memory leak" communicates more precisely the intent while using less letters than "wasting resources". You haven't convinced me that failed explicit deallocation is a required part of the definition. Just because the GC is now the middle man doesn't mean it isn't the programmers job to make sure memory gets released.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
I don't know jack about coding but if the error log can't hold more than 50 lines, then won't it become sort of redundant?
In limited experience, error logs can be useful to debug/troubleshoot/locate a problem. What the heck are you supposed to do with only 50 lines if, for example, the error is more extensive than that?
It's really more of an event log. It doesn't show too many error messages aside from, I think, errors that occur while saving/loading the game.

error.log has most of the actual error data, but it has the dupe issues that ebonheart2319 pointed out.

"Memory leak" communicates more precisely the intent while using less letters than "wasting resources". You haven't convinced me that failed explicit deallocation is a required part of the definition. Just because the GC is now the middle man doesn't mean it isn't the programmers job to make sure memory gets released.
I think you're either replying to the wrong person, misinterpreting my posts, and/or misinterpreting the problem.

The actual issue has nothing to do with allocation/deallocation. That's why I was arguing against calling it a memory leak. The issue is that the dev in question didn't put a limit on the size of an object, and that both caused issues with memory usage and performance (since said data was being shoved directly into a GUI control).

This has nothing to do with the GC failing to garbage collect, or Inno failing to release resources. I only used those as examples of instances of actual memory leaks because Quintilus was mislabeling the issue (looking back, it seemed the misunderstanding was probably a language barrier).

The reason for the argument in the first place was that the developer of LT called this situation a "memory leak" in the changelog when it simply wasn't. It was nothing more than unchecked, unrestricted, and unnecessary resource use.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
(this is basically impossible with 4 enemies unless you use an AOE weapon) or be able to take a ton of damage on higher difficulties.
I mean, you can always summon and gear up an Elemental right? currently trying out a Bear-Morph Soldier with an Earth Elemental both armed to the teeth, it's honestly a slaughterfest lol.

Anon2579

Jul 29, 2020
Honestly the skill tree section does need a pretty big rework, As atm, Seduction tree is pretty useless (bar orgasmic level drain... which is just busted, and the fertile,infertile/male versions of those, cuz they are fetish linked or used to help game performance*).

*Try playing with over 50 offspring... it getts annoying after a while (As you keep running into your kids when you dont want to, or the game lags... )

As atm if you want to lust KO an enemy (which is useless most of the time as against high arcane enemies its just easier to beat them into submission) you are better off using Arcane strike, as it refills your aura and deals consistent lust damage (without fetish variance).

Magic is pretty powerful with the right build... but those builds and some investing in the non-perk parts of the magic path and spell points... NOT perks, short of minmaxing to get as powerful magic strikes as possible theres not much point...

Flat out No point if you have to choose between physical perks and Magic ones (the ONLY good magic perks that ive seen are Aura Vampirism (cuz it means you practically get full restored every time you beat someone) and Chumbiyo (Cuz it gives a big attack boost and makes your character a chumbiyo... which is always fun)

Compared to that... Physical gives you health regen, Max health ups, raised escape chance (Useful against multibattles with imps in submission), flat damage boosts and damage shielding+1.

OffPathGames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2020
Honestly the skill tree section does need a pretty big rework, As atm, Seduction tree is pretty useless (bar orgasmic level drain... which is just busted, and the fertile,infertile/male versions of those, cuz they are fetish linked or used to help game performance*).

*Try playing with over 50 offspring... it getts annoying after a while (As you keep running into your kids when you dont want to, or the game lags... )

As atm if you want to lust KO an enemy (which is useless most of the time as against high arcane enemies its just easier to beat them into submission) you are better off using Arcane strike, as it refills your aura and deals consistent lust damage (without fetish variance).

Magic is pretty powerful with the right build... but those builds and some investing in the non-perk parts of the magic path and spell points... NOT perks, short of minmaxing to get as powerful magic strikes as possible theres not much point...

Flat out No point if you have to choose between physical perks and Magic ones (the ONLY good magic perks that ive seen are Aura Vampirism (cuz it means you practically get full restored every time you beat someone) and Chumbiyo (Cuz it gives a big attack boost and makes your character a chumbiyo... which is always fun)

Compared to that... Physical gives you health regen, Max health ups, raised escape chance (Useful against multibattles with imps in submission), flat damage boosts and damage shielding+1.
I don't even use skills. I just max physical then triple punch for critical. I tried messing about with skills for a while until I found out the basic attack 3x is still better (at least in early game) than everything.

Last edited:

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
I don't even use skills. I just max physical then triple punch for critical. I tried messing about with skills for a while until I found out the basic attack 3x is still better (at least in early game) than everything.
Combat is pretty screwed up in this game right now. I remember Inno trying to balance it once, because seduction/lust builds were over powered, and it didn't change anything except make lust builds nonviable.

My usual build these days is to pick up the Soldier trait, then take the Martial Artist perk (I don't even need any more physical perks after that). Add in a pair of forceful knuckle dusters (cheap, newbie level gear) and with about 40 - 50ish physical and I can pretty much one shot every single mob in the game.

Reactions: H8MyselfLoathing

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Also the martial arts perk (even if you ain't going with an unarmed build) gives a pretty huge boost to your critical damage which is usefull for melee characters as they always do the 3 attacks for that crit.

Fikedever

May 26, 2020
I think you're either replying to the wrong person, misinterpreting my posts, and/or misinterpreting the problem.
I don't think I'm replying to the wrong person. I could be misinterpreting what your definition of a memory leak is or the problem.
The actual issue has nothing to do with allocation/deallocation. That's why I was arguing against calling it a memory leak. The issue is that the dev in question didn't put a limit on the size of an object, and that both caused issues with memory usage and performance (since said data was being shoved directly into a GUI control).
"A memory leak is the gradual deterioration of system performance that occurs over time as the result of the fragmentation of a computer's RAM due to poorly designed or programmed applications that fail to free up memory segments when they are no longer needed."
What parts of the above definition do you think doesn't apply?

If you want I can be more specific to Java: "A memory leak is a situation where unused objects occupy unnecessary space in memory. Unused objects are typically removed by the Java Garbage Collector (GC) but in cases where objects are still being referenced, they are not eligible to be removed. As a result, these unused objects are unnecessarily maintained in memory."
This has nothing to do with the GC failing to garbage collect, or Inno failing to release resources.
But you said they didn't put a limit on the size of an object? If there should be a limit on something, then that resource is allocated past when it should be. It is an indirect failure to release resources.
It was nothing more than unchecked, unrestricted, and unnecessary resource use.
I think unchecked, unrestricted and unnecessary memory usage fits the definition of a memory leak.

Would it be okay to call it a resource leak (maybe a space leak if you want to get really specific)?
Is your issue the usage of the term "memory" or "leak"?
Do you think its possible to have a memory leak in a GCed program?

Reactions: Scapdra1

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
"A memory leak is the gradual deterioration of system performance that occurs over time as the result of the fragmentation of a computer's RAM due to poorly designed or programmed applications that fail to free up memory segments when they are no longer needed."
What parts of the above definition do you think doesn't apply?

If you want I can be more specific to Java: "A memory leak is a situation where unused objects occupy unnecessary space in memory. Unused objects are typically removed by the Java Garbage Collector (GC) but in cases where objects are still being referenced, they are not eligible to be removed. As a result, these unused objects are unnecessarily maintained in memory."
The element is still being both used and referenced. It's not a dead object, nor is it unused. It's not even a memory leak by that definition.

Did you actually read through the blog post that you cited above? It shows three types of memory leaks that can happen in Java:

"1. Through static fields"

Not the case here.

"2. Unclosed resources"

Specifically referring to file handles and stream objects. Also not the case here. This is a string or map of strings that is continuously growing (and, again, actively being used by both the UI and game).

"3. Improper equals() and hashCode() implementations"

Again, not the case here.

Simply using an object does not a memory leak make. A memory leak is the failure of the programmer or GC to clean up an object after it falls out of use.

Would it be okay to call it a resource leak (maybe a space leak if you want to get really specific)?
Is your issue the usage of the term "memory" or "leak"?
I take issue with "leak," because it's not a leak. Leaks refer to lost resources. If this object fell out of scope it would be released, but, once again, it's actively being used by the application. It's bending the definition of a "memory leak" far more than I'm willing to accept.

It's literally just "wasted resources." I don't know why people feel the need to attach technical terms to it. Sometimes a spade is just a spade.

Think of it this way. If water escapes from a pipe via a crack, puncture, hole, whatever, you'd rightfully call it a leak. If someone leaves the tap on for no reason, you'd say that they were wasting water. Inno is leaving the tap on. It's not that she didn't maintain her plumbing, it's that she left the faucet on for no reason.

Do you think its possible to have a memory leak in a GCed program?
I know it's possible. I gave an example of how you could easily do it in .NET in one of my previous posts. Aside from holding file handles and streams open, in .NET all you need to do is call Marshal.AllocHGlobal without a matching Marshal.FreeHGlobal. I'm not sure about the specifics behind how Java handles native integration, but I'm sure something similar would be possible there as well.

Basically, any time you're careless with OS resources (whether you're talking about file handles, unmanaged memory for native integration, etc) you can leak memory. This includes interop, as that generally involves passing a chunk of memory to a program that your execution environment has no control over.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

.jar:

Pre-zipped:

Full folder:

.exe:

Pre-zipped:

Full folder:

32-bit .exe (For 32-bit Windows):

Pre-zipped:

Full folder:

kaelcayla

Jul 9, 2018
does anyone know a way to block male npcs to try and do naizuris and being the passive? thats all the sex my character is getting, i want my character to be the one fucked, not the dominant one

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
does anyone know a way to block male npcs to try and do naizuris and being the passive? thats all the sex my character is getting, i want my character to be the one fucked, not the dominant one
do the obvious thing and lose? or surrender? or unrestrict their control and assume submissive positions?

EDIT: Or, after you win a battle...pick the submissive option?

kaelcayla

Jul 9, 2018
do the obvious thing and lose? or surrender? or unrestrict their control and assume submissive positions?

EDIT: Or, after you win a battle...pick the submissive option?
Im talking about consensual sex, i always choose to be sub during prostitution and when male clients come they always act like this, doing dominant prostitution lets me do whatever i want but i dont really want that, you know what im saying?

DarkShroud

Mar 5, 2018
Went away from this for quite some time, and now I'm back again.

Does anyone yet have any knowledge on how to correct the invisible text when played on Linux? It's all there, but the only way to see anything is to drag across and highlight everything. Not the easiest way to play this game, I have to admit.

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes