BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
Is zweihander op? Currently it totally shanks all my enemies
-snip-
Melee weapons in general have been powercrept to be way above most other forms of damage. Yes, the Zweihander is the second best weapon in the game right now that can be obtained normally behind the Dark Siren's Scythe, and unlike the latter it doesn't cost essences to use.

Elona Spiral

Aug 31, 2020
Melee weapons in general have been powercrept to be way above most other forms of damage. Yes, the Zweihander is the second best weapon in the game right now that can be obtained normally behind the Dark Siren's Scythe, and unlike the latter it doesn't cost essences to use.
Is the Zweihander the best, no cost to use, melee weapon in the game?
I have always thought that knuckle dusters are the best choice of weapons since they get bonus damage that scales with physique.
Is it because Zweihander has high base damage and so any damage bonus with that scales better?

Elona Spiral

Aug 31, 2020
What storyline you referring to? I wait for week but that fox dude still doesn't showing up
Wes, the Fox guy appears in Dominion sometime after you have subdued the 3 Harpy Matriarchs to give you a quest.
He wants your help after hearing what you did to help the Enforcers.
Side with him and wait 1 week for some nice reward and the chance to hear his backstory

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
Is the Zweihander the best, no cost to use, melee weapon in the game?
I have always thought that knuckle dusters are the best choice of weapons since they get bonus damage that scales with physique.
Is it because Zweihander has high base damage and so any damage bonus with that scales better?
The damage on the Zweihander is almost always going to be better, mainly since dual-wielding has no real value versus using a two-handed weapon outside of some super uncommon damage type resistance/immunity situations. The knuckle dusters aren't even the best unarmed weapons you can get your hands on; the clear demonstones have better damage than it.
The only circumstances where the Zweihander gets out-muscled is if you're specifically playing a taur/feral, which adds an additional 40 base damage for a total of 60, and/or you're using Cloak of Flame at max level to add another 50 fire damage to your unarmed attacks, which goes over the top of it. For all practical purposes, though, it's significantly cheaper to simply get a Zweihander and then kill 95% of enemies in the first turn with a giant crit, especially since you don't need to reach physique cap to make the most of it.

Elona Spiral

Aug 31, 2020
The damage on the Zweihander is almost always going to be better, mainly since dual-wielding has no real value versus using a two-handed weapon outside of some super uncommon damage type resistance/immunity situations. The knuckle dusters aren't even the best unarmed weapons you can get your hands on; the clear demonstones have better damage than it.
The only circumstances where the Zweihander gets out-muscled is if you're specifically playing a taur/feral, which adds an additional 40 base damage for a total of 60, and/or you're using Cloak of Flame at max level to add another 50 fire damage to your unarmed attacks, which goes over the top of it. For all practical purposes, though, it's significantly cheaper to simply get a Zweihander and then kill 95% of enemies in the first turn with a giant crit, especially since you don't need to reach physique cap to make the most of it.
This is what happens when I put perk points to get the maximum unarmed damage AND melee damage with Physique at 100
It seems at 78 Physique, the Knuckle Duster is on par with the Zweihander, assuming you have all Melee and Unarmed perks, including the one you get from training with Hannah. This is on a human by the way, no other race bonuses.
The benefit of knuckle dusters over the Zweihander is that you can equip a Flashlight in the offhand slot, negating any darkness penalties at night.
The Clear Demonstones do have better damage but their cost is exorbitant (if you don't know how to make money or don't want to game it too much)

Knuckle Duster damage with 100 Physique
1692335517470.png
Zweihander damage
1692335734933.png
Knuckle Duster damage with 78 Physique
1692336067616.png
Opaque Demonstone damage at 78 Physique
1692336581449.png
Clear Demonstone damage at 78 Physique
1692336801554.png

Last edited:

BooringSeeker

Oct 28, 2022
Why do we need a Zweihander when there is a shotgun that deals comparable damage, but at five enemies at once? In any battle with a group of opponents, this infernal cannon is head and shoulders above all other weapons in the game. Try it! It is very convenient and fun to annihilate crowds of imps :)

Shotgun.PNG

Char has bonuses of +100% poison and +75% ranged.

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
Why do we need a Zweihander when there is a shotgun that deals comparable damage, but at five enemies at once? In any battle with a group of opponents, this infernal cannon is head and shoulders above all other weapons in the game. Try it! It is very convenient and fun to annihilate crowds of imps :)

View attachment 2859573

Char has bonuses of +100% poison and +75% ranged.
I litterally haven't checked my spoils from looting the maniac's hideout for several playthroughs. I never bothered because I already compartmentalised all vanilla ranged weapons as shit and poison damage as shit.

BTW my sig links now go to KeldonSlayer's site as intended.

Reactions: crimson rain

Rover55

Aug 12, 2017
Is there a way to get SWORD equipment? Preferably without cheats, but if it's the only way then fine

rwe342342wewe

Aug 19, 2023
I litterally haven't checked my spoils from looting the maniac's hideout for several playthroughs. I never bothered because I already compartmentalised all vanilla ranged weapons as shit and poison damage as shit.

BTW my sig links now go to KeldonSlayer's site as intended.

What innoxia think about Lolith throne is stealing is work

4.10 star(s) 119 Votes