sean wells

May 17, 2017
Yeah, you can either wait till they jump back infront of you, or Alt + Arrow to spin around if you're quick enough.

For the starvation:

Now I can also add: Buy a sickle from the blacksmith before you go out gathering, it cuts the stamina consumption of gathering food/herbs drastically thanks to the last patch (From 3 stam to 1 stam).
thnx

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
as for ranged combat, i would make it work same as goblin archers, able to actually choose the tile You're shooting. Same with spells, right now to shoot in another direction You have to move a tile, that leads to a lot of problems early game where new players have issues with rats just switching places with the player.
Gotta say I disagree with you pretty heavily here. The fire offhand mana weapon has spells like this and it's my least favorite attack style in the game. You have to stand still to target a specific tile and it can be interrupted the whole time. It's even more frustrating to try to use than the fire mainhand spell because pretty much any enemy will walk out of the tile you aim at, even when you're kiting them towards you. I'm pretty heavily against any more specific targeted tile ranged attacks. I'm not even sure how it could be fixed either, just doesn't fit the fast paced combat. I'd rather have to kite and spin around with Alt over and over than use those types of attacks.

NaiasEleias

Jan 25, 2018
First of all, i would streamline the combat speed, changing enemies capable of playing ball with your body until You're knocked out cold. Adding ability to easily turn in place would also be nice, as for ranged combat, i would make it work same as goblin archers, able to actually choose the tile You're shooting. Same with spells, right now to shoot in another direction You have to move a tile, that leads to a lot of problems early game where new players have issues with rats just switching places with the player. Spells do peanuts for damage at the moment and are cumbersome to use, fireball for example, cant even aim it despite having to cast it. I would move personality traits down the trait tree, Lona developing a personality over the game would be more natural compared to choosing one for her at the very beginning. Directly connected to it.. benefits and penalties, they're to severe and unless You pick tough, melee is a chore. Could even have traits dependant on the personality choice later on. This game has potential to be really damn good and i hope it gets better.
Honestly I disagree with magic being weak, besides fire cast time being bonkers long and unviable as a basic attack. Water staff is ridiculously safe, you should never take a hit with it. It should be doing less damage as a tradeoff for that. For the personalities, I get the feeling that they're supposed to dictate what you're playing anyway.

Tough goes physical weps, Timid goes magic, Nympho goes sex attacks, etc. No one should be trying to go Timid and then whack things in melee, you will be in pain. Whether that's a good design or not is an open question.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Honestly I disagree with magic being weak, besides fire cast time being bonkers long and unviable as a basic attack. Water staff is ridiculously safe, you should never take a hit with it. It should be doing less damage as a tradeoff for that. For the personalities, I get the feeling that they're supposed to dictate what you're playing anyway.

Tough goes physical weps, Timid goes magic, Nympho goes sex attacks, etc. No one should be trying to go Timid and then whack things in melee, you will be in pain. Whether that's a good design or not is an open question.
Problem with magic is the damage tanks against the higher quest mobs. You go from melting faces against cemetery undead/boars/random thugs to doing 1-7 damage a hit with the frost spells against the later quest mobs. You basically can't kill the goblins in some of the quests with spells. Fire is too slow, frost does 1 damage. The current spells are basically only designed for early and maybe a bit of mid game. They don't really stand up to any of the late stuff in my testing. You hit a hard wall after the cemetery/mine quest with spells. I had to stop my mage playthrough because all I could do was grind undead eventually.

Fun as fuck to use though, so I look forward to when it's more viable for all the content.

Last edited:

NaiasEleias

Jan 25, 2018
Problem with magic is the damage tanks against the higher quest mobs. You go from melting faces against cemetery undead/boars/random thugs to doing 1-7 damage a hit with the frost spells against the later quest mobs. You basically can't kill the goblins in some of the quests with spells. Fire is too slow, frost does 1 damage. The current spells are basically only designed for early and maybe a bit of mid game. They don't really stand up to any of the late stuff in my testing. You hit a hard wall after the cemetery/mine quest with spells. I had to stop my mage playthrough because all I could do was grind undead eventually.

Fun as fuck to use though, so I look forward to when it's more viable for all the content.
I'm still killing orcs in the missing daughter quest. The biggest problem there was that the big cleaver guy jumps around. What's your wisdom at? I think it's fine if the game expects you to be a bit stronger to tackle the higher level quests, and that's what companions are there for anyway(Cocona has over 70 wisdom for example).

Dargadon

Nov 17, 2018
Anyone reported Stomach upset value not increasing above 1 in Normal mode (Survival works fine)? Tested with raw food and herbs in 0.3.5.3.1 and 0.3.5.4.7 (have both saves if needed).

Also - playing around with Tough personality and noticed that Lona`s mood decreasing every time she relieves (even in Wilderness and with Exhibitionist trait). I do not remember this in earlier versions (may be tied to Personality - i tested them with Meek and Slutty ones).

-
Little suggestion about craftable potions:
I saw you added Potions recipe to Cauldron. How about replace these recipes with new tier of potions - "Dirty" or "Unrefined", which are 10-15% weaker than Shop counterparts and cause a bit more Stomach Upset. Logic behind it - Lona won`t be capable of brewing high-quality potions with only "basic" cooking skills (Trait for high quality potions brewing may be added later, may also require glasses equipped).

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
I'm still killing orcs in the missing daughter quest. The biggest problem there was that the big cleaver guy jumps around. What's your wisdom at? I think it's fine if the game expects you to be a bit stronger to tackle the higher level quests, and that's what companions are there for anyway(Cocona has over 70 wisdom for example).
Think only about 30 at level 21. I did spread points a bit for money making/stealth stuff. I'll probably try again for a full mage build when more content is released for it. Pretty meh getting to level 15 without spending anywhere else. Can you even get to 15 without spending stuff in physical attacks? This should be interesting.

It's just so hard to compare it to what the physical weapons can do. I mean I know magic/ranged shit is difficult to balance. I personally like the darksouls/d&d style of limited spells a day/per sleep or something. Magic can still feel strong without being too OP.

Last edited:

agriasoaks

Oct 11, 2019
1: I believe so, though in my game Lona has not gone through a human pregnancy yet. I do think she has gotten pregnant by humans in previous plays, though I did not go past the initial Super Epic Vomit Morning Sickness stage.
2-3: Normally I would say it's not possible for RPG Maker to track data via individual items, especially those that stack. Only eccma417 could tell us for sure. Lona RPG tracks unique enemy and ally data, but aside from changing HP & stamina (which resets on every new map), I see no growth or tracking of special stats. They are reset on new maps.
4: Having babies also gets you milk, and milked. Milk might be good for recipes? Also, being nursed/milked might somehow increase Lona's stats or have some effect on her.. but I don't know yet...?
5-7:
8: Someone complained there was a deadline, but apparently they were referring to the world difficulty. I guess when it reaches 100 then the encounters must get pretty bad. Apparently you can give the church money to reduce world difficulty, though I have no done this yet. I will soon try and seek them out. I believe you can encounter a preacher randomly in the city.
9: There are other trees besides apple trees. You can chop them (even with bare hands, as in Minecraft) for wood but it costs 15 stamina per wood. You can not chop stumps and possibly some trees, but just try other kinds and you'll get some wood. It falls off and must be collected just like the apples. Also, it will be located in your equipment (it is just like the wooden club you started with).
10-11:
12: Someone said you can hold shift (or was it alt?) key while pressing the Q key, and this will make you sleep fully.
I haven't tried this yet as I'm still playing the previous version (no reason for me to update just yet, but that's just me).
2-3 Yeah well just a thought, lol can't help it to get it out of my head feel good to talk about it, lol
4 Yeah, I see that Elise have two mods involving breasts one to add more milk to said breast will this make her breast bigger after the two mods ? *chuckles*. Milk for recipes can we make human cheese ? lol
8. I am at 20 world difficulties and it's just basically me running all the time every time there is an encounter and if I got bomb traps and I manage to sneak away unnoticed which is very less likely I will just start pick them off one at a time with bombs but that is costly en devour
9. All right I got it thanks, I think I will be start selling logs now, lona the lumber jack
12 All right thanks I will try with pressing those button to catch rest, beat up almost all the time from the random encounter I needed to heal cost effective wise.

Reactions: Paladox

NaiasEleias

Jan 25, 2018
Think only about 30 at level 21. I did spread points a bit for money making/stealth stuff. I'll probably try again for a full mage build when more content is released for it. Pretty meh getting to level 15 without spending anywhere else.

It's just so hard to compare it to what the physical weapons can do. I mean I know magic/ranged shit is difficult to balance. I personally like the darksouls/d&d style of limited spells a day/per sleep or something. Magic can still feel strong without being too OP.
I only had 35 going through that and I think it's fine as long as you kite well, especially the jumping around orc like I said before. For magic I feel that you do need to pump almost everything into wisdom, but I think it's a bit better off because wisdom also gives you more than just magic attack. Compare if you had to pump it all into combat for example, which does nothing but increase attack. Bringing the Orkind slayer also makes all that pretty easy.

ddaisy

Jun 5, 2019
Is nighttime somehow more dangerous than daytime in and outside of the city? Does it matter if sleep outside city borders when on my way to the forest? Should I wait behind the walls and start my trip right after dawn?

Nomson

Jan 31, 2019
Is nighttime somehow more dangerous than daytime in and outside of the city? Does it matter if sleep outside city borders when on my way to the forest? Should I wait behind the walls and start my trip right after dawn?
It makes no difference, there are chances even waking up in the city walls wake up surrounded by the enemy (there will be a prerequisite when waking up). Basically, it all depends on the current world level of threat

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Yeah just discovered you can deceive people in their homes with a high enough wisdom to make money, lol. This game keeps surprising me. I better find some way to make exp with this build beyond just spamming herb turn ins. 9 exp per house, meh. Too bad we can't turn in herb quest at night.

Last edited:

Nomson

Jan 31, 2019
Yeah just discovered you can deceive people in their homes with a high enough wisdom to make money, lol. This game keeps surprising me. I better find some way to make exp with this build beyond just spamming herb turn ins. 9 exp per house, meh.
Try to kill Death with a scythe that you meet on one of the quests in the cemetery east of the capital

Nomson

Jan 31, 2019
Yeah just discovered you can deceive people in their homes with a high enough wisdom to make money, lol. This game keeps surprising me. I better find some way to make exp with this build beyond just spamming herb turn ins. 9 exp per house, meh.
you can just eat and translate satiety into stamina with rest

somoroko

Apr 4, 2020
Try to kill Death with a scythe that you meet on one of the quests in the cemetery east of the capital
Funny thing, I actually found him in the eastern city bar and started smacking him. He got pissed and started summoning a bunch of undead, so the bar patrons were nice enough to be meat shield distractions while I kept jabbing him to eventual death with my sword. He had some dying dialogue, but nothing else happened. Lol

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Wow whip dude is OP against undead. Completely different class than the dog, he's 3 shotting undead.

Whip dude soon after got jumped and gangbanged by some bandits. Now I can't seem to hire another follower. Not him or anybody else will accept an invitation from me. Whip dude says "Are you kidding me?" when I try to hire him. The dog growls, goblin slayer says the quest doesn't involve goblins (Even if I have no active quest). This a bug? Damn I'm so close to 15.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 183 Votes