ZedTed

Sep 24, 2017
First things first, can you give your questions in the same message to not spam the forum? Thanks.
the only ending is to escape through boat ??
At the moment, yes. Although it is a placeholder ending.

Technically can you earn 20 gold with just dancing ?
If you mean in 1 go, no. If you mean nothing but dancing every day for money, yes but it's gonna get boring fast.

what happend on infinite days ?
As days progress the difficulty increases (bottom-right, the monster symbol) which increases the strength of enemies (e.g. goblin war bands spawn with orcs, you get the crusader guard, etc)

how can you dance at doom fortress ?
Enter Doom Fort, go through the gate to the East, go to the barracks to the North, talk to the receptionist in there, say you want to prostitute yourself, go East then South into the karaoke-style room, and interact with the table.

ZedTed

Sep 24, 2017
Currently working on translating (edited MTL) the new Cecily quest and North Bandit camp dialogue.

zedted you seems to be very active on this forum and almost answer to every questions which is really appreciated.
and also is eemmcc the only dev for this game ?
Thank you, got nothing better to do at the moment.
As far as I know, eccma417 is the only developer and artist but there seems to be external translators translating the game (don't know who).

sexsexsexsexesexexexexexexexexexexexexexexxexxexexxexexe
hmmm this game has too many contents but they are not polished
Are you okay? Think you might need to go to bed. Also, recommend you to stop posting so many separate messages within minutes of each other because people will probably report you for spam.

somoroko

Apr 4, 2020
How do you even get into Elise's room? He keeps calling me out when I try to

It is not necessary to kill Elise; if you do so, you miss a bit of flavor text depending on Lona’s temperment.

Simply have treatment or surgery done. When lona wakes up in the recovery room, it should be night (otherwise do it when its close to night). If done correctly, elise will be gone at the front, and you can enter the room to grab the diary. Also, push aside the table to find a secret!

studyguide

Jun 23, 2019
It is not necessary to kill Elise; if you do so, you miss a bit of flavor text depending on Lona’s temperment.

Simply have treatment or surgery done. When lona wakes up in the recovery room, it should be night (otherwise do it when its close to night). If done correctly, elise will be gone at the front, and you can enter the room to grab the diary. Also, push aside the table to find a secret!
wow it so messed up beyond any means

ZedTed

Sep 24, 2017
Phew. Finally finished the translations. It is quite different to the normal history books I translate and I don't speak Chinese at all so everything is a little bit 'off' from the usual tone and probably really inaccurate.

The translation is for the new Milo dialogue, the new Cecily quest, and the David Borne lines which haven't been translated for a long time. Haven't tested it fully yet so there might be errors as well, particularly that of switching the dialogue choice (May have swapped the dialogue choices by accident for a few of them, not sure so make save frequently).

Thank you to Rengesus for providing the original MTL translation that I built off on.
Made a translation for 0.3.7.0, honestly its pretty shit I just threw it together with really no experience in this sort of thing. I definitely don't speak Chinese, but it's probably better than Chinese if you don't speak it either. I haven't tested it too heavily but it shouldn't crash anywhere unless I made a mistake while fiddling with the text. If anyone wants to do any better please be my guest. Maybe use this as a base and make it more pleasurable on the eyes?
-Use at your own risk-
To install drag and drop into LonaRPG/text/ENG make sure to make a backup of the original files beforehand
Half of these files are copies of whats already been posted in previous pages so thanks to
Emperor_Indiora_Doom_Volt and eugene88 for getting me started
I need to go sleep now...

Edit: Mixed up the translated and untranslated folders so the original .zip files had missing translations. Should be fixed now.

Last edited:

Pimgd

Apr 27, 2018
5 hours later and fuck this game.
I like the initial setup of how the game works, but low fps makes controlling the game a pain.
There's so much save reloading going on.

My trait points are spent wrong and fixing it means restarting.
The drop in the bucket for me is omnivore still not actually allowing me to eat bugs without getting sick.
And what's up with needing 10 levels in survival to get the cauldron thing?
The random encounters are either too hard (in town) or too easy (outside of town).
If I get ambushed in town, I die. Like, go outside of the bank, random encounter, it's rogues, escape, hide, leave, escape, nope. Final option left is approach and you just get bumrushed by like 3 dudes and 4 more as backup.
Meanwhile if you get rushed by undead or wolves or something you just walk away without a problem.
So areas that are supposed to be safe are not safe and areas that are supposed to be scary are easy.

Travelling still takes too much stamina. Player is punished heavily for making a mistake pretty much anywhere. I don't see a way to fix the issue with current worldbuilding as it is.

Barter points system is cool, but doesn't work because it encourages hoarding.
Player character gets dirty too easily (though I didn't bother keeping my character clean).
Game needs to decide whether you're playing a little girl or an adventurer. Where's my bedroll / fire starting equipment if I'm an adventurer?
Traits are poorly explained; some people have more carrying capacity but I have no idea from where because nothing says that it will give carrying capacity.
SCU is not explained.
Quests don't add themselves to your notes, meaning player is fucking clueless on what to do. "but realism" - Why did you add the first quest in notes? Either do it old-school and make me draw my own maps with notes and everything or give me convenience and put a quest log somewhere.
Herb quest needs bulk turn in because it's dumb to walk over and over and over.
Mine quest (clear spores) is annoying to play because you can't see shit. Lantern needs to have a stronger version for sale somewhere (Bullseye lantern? Could even make it shine a beam away from player so you get long distance 80 degree lighting or something).

And lastly:

Fuck this
1592172427191.png
Why drop loot in places where you can't pick it up
Why force me to play a waiting game with bunnies if I want to get the meat.

Last edited:

Stupidkiller

Jan 12, 2018
Not sure what you are supposed to do since I can't read Chinese. I did the Milo quest, talked to Cecily again and got another invite from Milo. He gives a quest where you can accept 10 gold coins but not sure what I am supposed to do afterwards.
When you talk to Cecily, she talks to you about wanting to ambush a slave caravan going to Noer (I think), and she asks you to decide whether you want in or not within 5 days. In the meantime you'll get another message from Milo (exclamation mark on the guy behind the counter like last time). At that point, he will pretty much ask who this Cecily is and you pretty much have the option to spill the beans on her intentions. Depending on what you told him, the quest you undertake with her after the 5 days have passed will have a different outcome.

The quest itself is in two parts once you reach it (take the north gate exit and go towards the keep there, it'll be on the road far north). The first involves either stealthing your way past all the guards or slaughtering them if you're inclined to do so. The second also involves stealth where you are tasked to either stun all the guards or kill them all, preferably stealthily. I think it's possible to go all out with your companions but I did not take that route.

And that's it. Once you dispose of the last guards a cutscene will play, the outcome of which will depend on what you told Milo.

Rengesus

Jan 6, 2019
Phew. Finally finished the translations. It is quite different to the normal history books I translate and I don't speak Chinese at all so everything is a little bit 'off' from the usual tone and probably really inaccurate.

The translation is for the new Milo dialogue, the new Cecily quest, and the David Borne lines which haven't been translated for a long time. Haven't tested it fully yet so there might be errors as well, particularly that of switching the dialogue choice (May have swapped the dialogue choices by accident for a few of them, not sure so make save frequently).

Thank you to Rengesus for providing the original MTL translation that I built off on.

I need to go sleep now...
You made sure not to replace any ":" right? The one from the Chinese text is different from English text, replacing it will apparently crash the game.

CaiNanE

Nov 19, 2018
CompMilo.txt is translated all right, but TagMapCecilyHijack.txt for example is all chineese except the names. Is this correct?

darkashy

Nov 2, 2018
man i'm still looking on how to cheat lona pregnant with the race you wan.... without go through the normal way(event).. still no luck on how to cheat it in console instead of found how to give lona morality...... it is sad OMG! pls share if ya know how to..
note: not included equipment change on morality...
to increase lona morality: ;change the ??? to the number you wan.. max morality capped at 100.
$game_player.actor.morality_lona+=???
to decrease lona morality: ;change the ??? to the number you wan.. min morality capped at 0..
$game_player.actor.morality_lona-=???
to set lona morality: ;change the ??? to the number you wan.. morality cap on min 0, max 100...
$game_player.actor.morality_lona=???
Capture.PNG

ZedTed

Sep 24, 2017
You made sure not to replace any ":" right? The one from the Chinese text is different from English text, replacing it will apparently crash the game.
There were no ":" in the text I translated if I remember correctly. Only the Chinese ? and !, thought that might cause issues because I did change a few of them into the English version.

CompMilo.txt is translated all right, but TagMapCecilyHijack.txt for example is all chineese except the names. Is this correct?
Fuck

Edit: am stoopid. I translated that file in the wrong LonaRPG file (I have 2, a modded one and unmodded one), fixing that now.

Edit 2: fixed the issue and updated the translations

Last edited:

Rengesus

Jan 6, 2019
There were no ":" in the text I translated if I remember correctly. Only the Chinese ? and !, thought that might cause issues because I did change a few of them into the English version.
They are after every name on each line of text. You'd probably already know if you replaced them everyone who uses the files game would be crashing.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: ZedTed
4.10 star(s) 181 Votes