BlaKawKebab

Jul 25, 2017
Yeah, he is a champ. I would love to get the "LonaRPG.Beta.0.4.2.4 - FЦCK Wryter(F95)VER -" version.. For nostalgic reasons ofc.. : )
Though I wish the guy can take a chill... I can understand almost everyone's on the edge considering everything happening right now, the Varus, the riots, Chahna and shit... But at the end of the day, it's merely ourselves VS uncertainty, and we're all in this together.

Eccma, if you can see this, we still love your work, man. I know this is kinda cheesy and old fashioned, but you need to take care of yourself better. Living in hatred and rage is liberating but erratic, it'll have consequences to one's physical and mental health. It's best to temper one's resolve, stoic determination over rage. Let those naysayers drown in their own misery.

SST1337

Jan 29, 2019
Gave me a good laugh checking it out. The translation from 0.4.2.3 is compatible, but here it is anyway so no one needs to backtrack.

EDIT: The translation for Elise's Fishisle quest is nearly done, I need to polish it a bit(well, what we have so far anyway, it is incomplete and being worked on atm). So at the time it goes live, there will be a translation available(minus the quick test nothing's broken).

Last edited:

jaruh

May 1, 2017
1598165691041.png
I was messing around and find this, anyone know what does the "dmg multiplier" do? they work like buff or what does this mean? the orc and troll babies dont have it

oricalco

May 12, 2019
Yo anybody know why my points keep decreasing after prostitution? I keep doing it and getting up to 500+ points during prostitution but then when the scene ends the points keep getting reduced and I end up with less than 100... I just don't get this system.

• Sad
Reactions: jaruh

chien180

Feb 4, 2020
Yo anybody know why my points keep decreasing after prostitution? I keep doing it and getting up to 500+ points during prostitution but then when the scene ends the points keep getting reduced and I end up with less than 100... I just don't get this system.
u mean gold point? It will auto change to coin if u have enought point.

Myha

Feb 19, 2018
Gave me a good laugh checking it out. The translation from 0.4.2.3 is compatible, but here it is anyway so no one needs to backtrack.

EDIT: The translation for Elise's Fishisle quest is nearly done, I need to polish it a bit(well, what we have so far anyway, it is incomplete and being worked on atm). So at the time it goes live, there will be a translation available(minus the quick test nothing's broken).
Are you translating yourself or making machine translation ?

Teravisor

Jan 23, 2020
I was messing around and find this, anyone know what does the "dmg multiplier" do? they work like buff or what does this mean? the orc and troll babies dont have it
Took me a while to dig it up.
Only place it's used is inside Map001.rvdata2 (seems to be map called "-lib-MapObject" which stores all objects that can be on map).
It's used in ProjectileTriggerTrap as damage multiplier. If it works, then trap damage formula is
damage = survival*0.5 + weight * 5 * dmg_multiplier
survival is skill level; weight and dmg_multiplier are parameters of item that was installed as trap. If dmg_multiplier is not explicitly defined, it's 1.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: jaruh and SST1337

uwfan1980

Aug 17, 2019
I want to like it. but the controls are some of the worst I've ever felt and the early on difficulty isn't fun.

is there an "easy mode" where a couple rats aren't going to somehow manage to bring me down to laying on the ground? I never seem to even have enough stamina to kill the rats right at the start.

SST1337

Jan 29, 2019
I want to like it. but the controls are some of the worst I've ever felt and the early on difficulty isn't fun.

is there an "easy mode" where a couple rats aren't going to somehow manage to bring me down to laying on the ground? I never seem to even have enough stamina to kill the rats right at the start.
Heh, I get your woes, remembering the frustration when I just started playing. There is no easy mode, but an advice I can give you is to treat this game as it is, a roguelike rpg. Lona is not a hero. If you swing the starting club blindly, you will get tired. Try to use the lantern too, setting fire on the ground when the rats enter the tile. Holding shift, you can run if you get overwhelmed(no shame in it). Try to attract enemies one at a time, kiting is essential too. ALT + the directional keys make Lona face the direction without moving. Holding Q restores stamina by 20 for 10 hunger(SHIFT + Q makes you take a nap, draining 30 hunger but restoring a lot of stamina - be careful where you sleep).

So in essence, treat every enemy as a serious threat. In most cases, they are.

Reactions: Furabia and jaruh

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
what's new i the o.4.2.4 vr
Here's the list from his SubStar account. Along with some sound options, it seems to be mostly fixes.

****Elise's quest line is cut off until its finished****
-*fixed, CompHumanScout : will not spawn 2 times.
-*fixed, CompOrkindSlayer : fix ingroup check.
-*fixed, Skill basicNeed Masturbate : remove sex experience check.(i can fap when i still virgin, why lona cant?)
-*fixed, error when try to disband GrayRat.
-*fixed, Flame DOT effect now with 100% aggro for 300 frames.
-*fixed, skill AbominationTotemHeavy(spore) : XY error if destroyed by any damage.
-*fixed, when Scene isnt on MAP. BGM & BGS vol*0.6
-*fixed, DoomFortressInn : locked in washroom if u sleep in the water pot.
-*fixed, overmap dash balloon loop failed.

wryter, just how many people are using your account?
On one hand you're enjoying the game while on the other you're condemning it, eccma, F95, SubscribeStar, Patreon... Literally anything that has/has ever had anything to do with him.

He could do with some anger management. I had terrible anger issues some 15 years ago so I know it's not an easy thing to let go of. I wouldn't wish stress ulcers on anybody.
For the longest time after I was physically and mentally exhausted - I just didn't have that rage energy anymore. Now though... Now I'm a different person.

Last edited:

Teravisor

Jan 23, 2020
I was interested what makes this game run slow. What I found:

1. Graphics.update and Sprite.update take very long (hello rpgmaker, seems its performance is bad by itself, I wonder what makes it so with less than 100 Events on map?)

2. You can turn off rpgmaker's frame skipper off by placing "Graphics.frame_reset" line in \Scripts\Frames\100_Scene_base.rb before "Graphics.update" line (makes game run slow, but smooth)

3. \Scripts\Frames\25_Game_actor.rb method def update_lonaStat calls @actStat.check_stat twice per frame. It calls \Scripts\Frames\280_Npc_stat.rb method def check_stat that checks all stats if they're within specified minimum/maximum... Instead of checking literally one stat once when you set that stat. But there are also set_stat calls when MIN/MAX are still not loaded so you also need to check if they're loaded (simple nil check) when setting and still check_stat once after loading is done.
Sloppy fix of that increases my FPS in tavern from 20 to 25.

4. Quite a bit FPS are getting eaten by \Scripts\Frames\31_Game_Map.rb method def events_xy(x, y)
It looks through all .values of all events hashmap to find all non-deleted events in position x,y
Hashing position and making it a second hashmap of position->event can increase FPS as well. Estimate 5-8 more, but it'd take quite a bit of work.

Last edited:

SST1337

Jan 29, 2019
I was interested what makes this game run slow. What I found:

1. Graphics.update and Sprite.update take very long (hello rpgmaker, seems its performance is bad by itself, I wonder what makes it so with less than 100 Events on map?)

2. You can turn off rpgmaker's frame skipper off by placing "Graphics.frame_reset" line in \Scripts\Frames\100_Scene_base.rb before "Graphics.update" line (makes game run slow, but smooth)

3. \Scripts\Frames\25_Game_actor.rb method def update_lonaStat calls @actStat.check_stat twice per frame. It calls \Scripts\Frames\280_Npc_stat.rb method def check_stat that checks all stats if they're within specified minimum/maximum... Instead of checking literally one stat once when you set that stat. But there are also set_stat calls when MIN/MAX are still not loaded so you also need to check if they're loaded (simple nil check) when setting and still check_stat once after loading is done.
Sloppy fix of that increases my FPS in tavern from 20 to 25.

4. Quite a bit FPS are getting eaten by \Scripts\Frames\31_Game_Map.rb method def events_xy(x, y)
It looks through all .values of hashmap to find all non-deleted events in position x,y
Hashing position and making it a second hashmap of position->event can increase FPS as well. Estimate 5-8 more, but it'd take quite a bit of work.
I looked at what you pointed out and 1. Needs simplification, but such an overhaul would mean starting from scratch and reediting everything from RPGM itself. 4. Yeah..it scans all multiple times for grid 2. & 3. Are a great find.

Reactions: jaruh

Teravisor

Jan 23, 2020
1. Needs simplification, but such an overhaul would mean starting from scratch and reediting everything from RPGM itself.
Other rpgmaker games with below 100 events on map don't slow down that much (tavern shows 89 events in my test). There's got to be something going on, but I can't simply set_trace_func like I did and see what's wrong. My experience with rpgmaker is limited to literally last week and there are no manuals on how graphic pipeline in rpgmaker works so no idea how to approach that. Only suspicion I have is that lonaRPG uses Khas light which adds light code to every Game_CharacterBase (so all 89 of events because Game_Event<Game_CharacterBase) so it might be doing extra work which isn't shown in trace log I'm checking because that script is packed in rvdata2.
OR I'm missing something. Which is probably the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: ace10102
4.10 star(s) 185 Votes