Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
So I finally got the refugee camp encounter and could become food independet until my cauldron skill is learned, and I then did my second qwest for this run. I chose graveyard and thought I'd get assistance from the new fire mage girl.
She brought her cat with her! :)
View attachment 1079736
But she has little to none STA, poor eye sight, and one and a half fire ball self harm later:
View attachment 1079737
I have to agree with Lonas expression here. The mage is crawling on all her fours and seems not to worried and even happy judging by her mood, and says "Okay, lets go."

Like, yeah nah yeah, you're done mate. :D

Right about here is were I would like to be able to give your companion STA-drug and HP-potions.
Beacause she isn't much use now, and I can't leave the map without the zombie count to reset.

Not that we manage to off more than 4 when she went down :LOL:
Oh if it isn't Megumin and Chomusuke, what a nice addiction to this brutal world. MUST PROTECT !
But yeah, according to Konosuba's lore, she can only do "explosion magic" that requires a huge amount of energy but do a crap ton of damage. quite accurate if I may add...

Please don't bring her to corrupted land, she will kill herself real fast with them bugs crawling around.

P/S: CaiNanE, if possible go and watch Konosuba, 2 seasons and one movie, it's a light hearted chaotic comedy anime. It's very enjoyable.

CaiNanE

Nov 19, 2018
Ah, I suspected she was an inspiration from some where. Thanks, I'll try my best protecting her. If I consider bringing her along again.. Haha. She asks when you disband her: "Why are so few mercs hiring me?" Well, take a guess, sleepy head :LOL:

I'll check that Anime out. I am a total cave man when it comes to that. I missed the anime train twenty years ago and now it seems overwhelming starting some where. I've seen most of those more famous ones from studio ghibli (?) and I liked them.

Time to hit the sack here.

• Haha
Reactions: Yukihirou

doujinftw

Nov 26, 2020
Oh if it isn't Megumin and Chomusuke, what a nice addiction to this brutal world. MUST PROTECT !
But yeah, according to Konosuba's lore, she can only do "explosion magic" that requires a huge amount of energy but do a crap ton of damage. quite accurate if I may add...

Please don't bring her to corrupted land, she will kill herself real fast with them bugs crawling around.

P/S: CaiNanE, if possible go and watch Konosuba, 2 seasons and one movie, it's a light hearted chaotic comedy anime. It's very enjoyable.
hmm and f95zone just got that new megumin game too is this a coincidence?

levdanig

Oct 19, 2017
Ahaha, just found out that "Feira" in the tutorial was the protagonist of the prototype version of this game "Feira's quest". I thought she would be an important character or somethin, but she was just an easter egg.
funny she ends up just getting gobb'd though.

strugg

Aug 13, 2020
After hours of foraging doing the herb fetch quest, how to get good in this game? Seems borderline impossible to do any progression since you deal so little damage and combat drains so much energy, are you even supposed to be fighting things in this game?

sprayduster

Jun 25, 2017
is the body found near the gobs Feira? she does have blonde-ish hair and dark-ish skin.
Lona said the missing person was someone hired to investigate before her.
Her diary did seem to indicate she went to check the crack, but seemed more like she went because of territorial reason, rather than being hired.
And she didn't mention having a sword, but a pitchfork.
One way or another, she did disappear though, seeing that vagrants now occupy the sewer

SwordofHeaven

Jan 28, 2018
is the body found near the gobs Feira? she does have blonde-ish hair and dark-ish skin.
I thought that was the person the guild was looking for down there. Feira's notes seemed to imply she went inside the cave to investigate, not knowing it was goblin infested. I assumed she was captured and died in there, but maybe she got away at some point.

frostbeast4

Jan 31, 2020
yes but actually no........lol
in all seriousness tough it not worth it since you already lost you're stuff and you're probably packed with injuries
the best chose is to reload a save . however....if you don't whant to swallow you're prid then all I have to say is good luck
And how do I escape? Every time I try guards beat the shit out of me. I just want to escape from these bastards

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
And how do I escape? Every time I try guards beat the shit out of me. I just want to escape from these bastards
Unless you know what you must do in order to escape, you're not gonna make it. It's very hard to escape, but not impossible.
For starter, save up your stamina/food satiety, learn how to throw rock to distract people. Daily sex also reward you exp, learn some useful skill, making traps for example. Learn how stealth works. Learn the guards pattern. Learn where you will trigger the alarm. Make a plan...etc.
If you're not up for it, just reload a save or start a new game, it's much faster and you won't have to deal with the consequence of patching and cleaning up Lona after the whole ordeal.

Reactions: CaiNanE

CaiNanE

Nov 19, 2018
Lona said the missing person was someone hired to investigate before her.
Her diary did seem to indicate she went to check the crack, but seemed more like she went because of territorial reason, rather than being hired.
And she didn't mention having a sword, but a pitchfork.
One way or another, she did disappear though, seeing that vagrants now occupy the sewer
I thought that was the person the guild was looking for down there. Feira's notes seemed to imply she went inside the cave to investigate, not knowing it was goblin infested. I assumed she was captured and died in there, but maybe she got away at some point.
Feira never managed to enter the crack/cave. She is lying right there. She left the pitch fork in the chest, brought her sword to investigate the sounds of goblins tearing down the wall, she manage to kill one goblin but is then killed by the ones coming after. She even has the same clothes on her. If you wan't to play Feiras Quest and see Sybaris before it was engulfed in the black mist I linked the game some pages back (115 pages back I guess).

Edit: also:

\CBmp[FeiraCropse,19]\bgoff Try combining \C[2]Throw\C[0] and \C[6]Sneak\C[0] to distract your enemies and acquire that Short Sword!

I just now realize it says cropse instead of corpse. Oh well, as long as the game works :)

Last edited:

sprayduster

Jun 25, 2017
Feira never managed to enter the crack/cave. She is lying right there. She left the pitch fork in the chest, brought her sword to investigate the sounds of goblins tearing down the wall, she manage to kill one goblin but is then killed by the ones coming after. She even has the same clothes on her. If you wan't to play Feiras Quest and see Sybaris before it was engulfed in the black mist I linked the game some pages back (115 pages back I guess).

\CBmp[FeiraCropse,19]\bgoff Try combining \C[2]Throw\C[0] and \C[6]Sneak\C[0] to distract your enemies and acquire that Short Sword!

I just now realize it says cropse instead of corpse. Oh well, as long as the game works :)
That's sad.
I hoped she had a bigger cameo in the game than being a corpse. But alas, that's life

Teravisor

Jan 23, 2020
Sorry, I'm sort of tech illiterate, how do you work with adobe color table files? I found the website where you can make them, but it only lets you save them as jpegs, and doesn't have an option to load them to see what the originals were (in order to judge how to change them to what I want).
Any application that can open and save palettes. Photoshop, paledit or many others, any palette editor should be able to do it and practically any modern painting program can open them, but saving... not every one. Sites usually don't let you save as .act file because sites are not painting programs, they don't normally save palettes for future use.

Thanks! I have all my saves since version 0.3.7.0, so no worries there. I probably put 69-72 hours into my last run. I will try to type in this method posted by eccma. Isn't he just the best? Maybe Teravisor will make a 5_SaveFix.rb even? :D

I am enjoying starting over as well. The new beginning/intro has become really polished! I also love the hints about why all the crap happens in the land by "Justice/DedOne" in the intro.

I knew I have seen all the text files but playing the game is a whole other thing.
DIY: Take the thing you quoted
$story_stats["logTxt"] = "\\}"
$story_stats["logNarr"] = "\\}"
$story_stats["logBoard"] = "\\}"
$game_system.add_mail("TextLog1")
$game_system.add_mail("TextLog3")
Then take something like 4_RaceFix.rb first part of code, replace some things in it and you get mod that does those lines (bold is changed from 4_RaceFix):
Code:
class Scene_Load < Scene_File
#next line: change 502 for new name
    alias_method :on_load_success_fix502, :on_load_success
    def on_load_success
#next line: change 502 for same name as above comment
        on_load_success_fix502
#next line: check if some variable from lines being fixed isn't defined, e.g. this fixing code never ran before
        if $story_stats["logTxt"].nil? then
#all lines until next end: replace with console lines that fix things
            $story_stats["logTxt"] = "\\}"
            $story_stats["logNarr"]    = "\\}"
            $story_stats["logBoard"] = "\\}"
            $game_system.add_mail("TextLog1")
            $game_system.add_mail("TextLog3")
        end
    end
end
And name it 5_SaveFix.rb, put into ModScripts and be happy.
Now if you know what console lines you need to do to fix save, simply do what comments (those that start with #) say.

Last edited:

Ubtsha

Jun 15, 2017

Interesting. Rip Feira.

Dharkie29

Apr 24, 2020
Can you be a necromancer?
Can you learn the traits that lets you equip HQ weapons and the magic weapon at the same time? If not what are the req. to make the magic weapon trait available?
Where can you buy the best equipment for Lona?
Is there a way to not friendly fire your teammates w/o modding?

CaiNanE

Nov 19, 2018
Can you be a necromancer?
No.

Can you learn the traits that lets you equip HQ weapons and the magic weapon at the same time?
Don't choose a personality I guess.

If not what are the req. to make the magic weapon trait available?
It's right there in the traits section. A magic staff.

Where can you buy the best equipment for Lona?
Bubbas in Noer town and whip in Fishtopia.

Is there a way to not friendly fire your teammates w/o modding?
Yes, don't hit them. Otherwise use mod.

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes