Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
Yeah, I used to do the saber and dagger combo and it was often good. I guess I do need the dagger now again. Trouble with dagger is that you can't duck/evade anymore.
Shield + whip combo for stun/defense --> dagger finish when stun is pretty useful
I really hate the halberd spin attack. It's completly useless. It never lands a hit if Lona is surrounded and that is pretty much the only time you'd use it.
Up/down + spinning attack to hit enemies without being hit back thank to its range of 3x3.
how work the cheat?
First post, cheat mod, follow instruction
When's a good time to head to Fishman Isle? I'm kind of interested in buying things from there, but at 3K for the passage I don't want to end up being unable to do any content because I'm not powerful enough.
6k for the return fee as well, bring 1 k for lodgins if you're stuck with business there, about 8k for spending. so 13-15 k total.
water staff which gives knockback effect, you hit them at the back to stun them and plant multiple traps in a straight line and use water staff to push them, since you have the stun trap trait they just get stun again when they land into the trap and you just push them into another trap till they die. also you have both source of physical trap damage and magical damage with this build.
Since enemy is stunned, you can leisurely bash them with shield as well. Bone shield is a god sent as it's not HQ weapon and has knockback.
I used to play that build like yours but find it very hard to kill quickly or engage in actual battle, sure it's fun sneaking around and offing them one by one but it pales comparison to pure WIS(OP and broken) or combat/con lona when you need to kill everything fast as to save the girls or fight 10+ bandits at the same time at high difficulty.
Yeah, pure WIS is OP, but what is the difference between killing an enemy in 5 second and killing an enemy in 10 seconds (putting points in WIS to make it useful vs putting all points into WIS) ? WIS build can only 1vs 1 anyways. It's pretty situational at best and require careful planning and use of environment.
Pure Combat Lona is Kratos reincarnated, hack and slash, rip and tear till nothing remains. Can fight anything and everything, can fight multiple targets at a time, still perish in Doom Mode though.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaruh and CaiNanE

licher

Sep 6, 2018
Yeah, pure WIS is OP, but what is the difference between killing an enemy in 5 second and killing an enemy in 10 seconds ? WIS build can only 1vs 1 anyways. It's pretty situational at best and require careful planning and use of environment.
Pure Combat Lona is Kratos reincarnated, hack and slash, rip and tear till nothing remains. Can fight anything and everything, can fight multiple targets at a time.
I don't get why you say 1v1 only. I actually fight 1 vs 10+/all in pure wis build. water book AOE is powerfully broken aside from the fact it sometimes miss everything with the glitchy hitbox but hitting everything for 40~60 damage per cast with only 3 stamina is so cost efficient and with bloodlust trait you'll never run out of stamina in a battle. against multiple bandits that can stun lock you badly you just plant one tornado per expose tile side in lona not for damage but to stagger them. sure they can still attack you once every few second but the tornado ensures you don't get rape hard and they last pretty long. if you're fighting multiple enemies inside your tornado safe box just use the water book AOE instead of staff since water AOE has this animation cast delay that usually cancels the bloodlust position switching when it procs as you don't want going into the tornado and get blown away into some random tile where they gang up on you.

more reasons why pure WIS is broken.
-firewall DOT and firebomb for stamina damage if you don't want to kill.
-seawitch lona summons/abomination totem for physical stamina damage (although you will never need it as even high SUR enemies like indiana jones/big mama will take massive spell damage with very high wis lona)
-high sell value for easy money
-more dialogue option
-can talk to deter bandit/deep one/peasant encounter, observe for abomination spiders and bluff for guards if you have low morality.

CaiNanE

Nov 19, 2018
When's a good time to head to Fishman Isle? I'm kind of interested in buying things from there, but at 3K for the passage I don't want to end up being unable to do any content because I'm not powerful enough.
You could do it with the Elise quest. He will buy the trip there and back again.
Yeah, I know. I just find meak mage Lona to be a whining pussy, which I can't really attune to. I had a Mage build with 45 WIS plus the glasses and all the books, staffs, totem, and bone staff. But It really didn't do it for me anyway. And it was hard to not kill the girls with the splash damage and all.
Up/down + spinning attack to hit enemies without being hit back thank to its range of 3x3.
Kind of hard when you're
surrounded
Doing spin attack takes more STA with less HP DMG compared to 2 tiles off with first or one tile with second.
But yeah, with only three around you it is pretty good, IF you're not spinning in a frame when someone is about to hit you as it then doesn't yield a hit. The attacker is like air. But not his punch. Not so funny. Therefor useless. To me that is. Players with huge STA/CON may not even notice, but mine is still at 0.
bloodlust trait you'll never run out of stamina in a battle
I like how it's really bloodlust trait. Offing undeads en masse do not give you the bloodlust STA. Since they have no blood. I like that detail.. : )

Last edited:
Reactions: SwordofHeaven

licher

Sep 6, 2018
I like how it's really bloodlust trait. Offing undeads en masse do not give you the bloodlust STA. Since they have no blood. I like that detail.. : )
yeah bloodlust doesn't work on undead or abomination but tbh I never consider undead as a problem, they're just too weak and slow even just by walking you could already kite them around and one firewall from WIS lona instantly kills them even the shielder ones.

Reactions: CaiNanE

Nick34

Feb 16, 2020
First post, cheat mod, follow instruction

Sorry but everything is crossed out ... I copy paste the Cheats file into Lona \ LonaRPGv0.5.1.1.1 \ LonaRPG \ Data \ Scripts \ Editables. but when I press F6 ... F7 .... nothing happens.

good sorry I had not copied pasted in the right folder

Last edited:

Kuromarutaur

Jun 19, 2020
No, seriously, wtf is wrong with these encounter events, if you failed to escape from bandits or goblins early in game it pretty much assured defeat, MC is way too weak. Dungeons actually feels much easier and better balanced. I played alot of hard games, but this one aren't just hard or challenging, it specially made unfair.
I think this game made for hardcore masochists, who does not want a challenge, but only desire to be defeated and humilated.

elmekia

Mar 4, 2018
No, seriously, wtf is wrong with these encounter events, if you failed to escape from bandits or goblins early in game it pretty much assured defeat, MC is way too weak. Dungeons actually feels much easier and better balanced. I played alot of hard games, but this one aren't just hard or challenging, it specially made unfair.
I think this game made for hardcore masochists, who does not want a challenge, but only desire to be defeated and humilated.
welcome to the jungle

• Haha
Reactions: CaiNanE

Kuromarutaur

Jun 19, 2020
Well, if I continue to play more I obviously get better with this game, it's a common sense. But I still think this game is badly balanced. If I've been defeated in dungeon or boss fight, no probs, should've been more careful and better prepared. A random event which can happen first time you even getting out of town which are 100% defeat if you weren't lucky and escape worked, no thanks. Devs tried a bit too hard to make this game as much unfriendly as possible to user, if they are a masochists themselves, good for them, but don't need to put all that crap on player. Also they really overdone with all that dark setting,
ok, it's a dark medieval fantasy, but come on, at least give the NPCs pants...

Ruras

Sep 16, 2018
This reminds me, is the Saint just Solaire? In the catacombs we even find how he "reborn beside the campfire when he dies".

Nov 21, 2020
I mean I agree, in particular the game starts off unnecessarily punishing, but later on ironically it gets quite easy. I didn't mind when I was playing because I'm used to games like this but I could tell that Lonas powerscaling was wonky. I'm sure the dev will balance the game to be consistently hard across the board or make the start less punishing, it's still quite early in development.

elchivo

Dec 15, 2018
Honestly, just hide, approach then sneak / run away.

elchivo

Dec 15, 2018
My only balancing complaint for Lona is how little stamina you start with, but since Eccma intended for Lona to be extremely weak that's a good way to do it, even if she wins she'll be so winded she has to run or get help.
But it's a little annoying because enemies have infinite attack stamina. I also don't love the "rest" mechanic, it's not really hard to have food stocks and sleep a little most of the time, but it's kind of a pain in the ass to have to recover like that sometimes.

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
Well, if I continue to play more I obviously get better with this game, it's a common sense. But I still think this game is badly balanced. If I've been defeated in dungeon or boss fight, no probs, should've been more careful and better prepared. A random event which can happen first time you even getting out of town which are 100% defeat if you weren't lucky and escape worked, no thanks. Devs tried a bit too hard to make this game as much unfriendly as possible to user, if they are a masochists themselves, good for them, but don't need to put all that crap on player. Also they really overdone with all that dark setting,
ok, it's a dark medieval fantasy, but come on, at least give the NPCs pants...
You're in a dark medieval world with magic, you let a petite girl go out into the wild ALONE at the start of the game when's she's most vulnerable? Use your head.
At least the LONE Wanderer and such protagonists from Fallouts starts the game with a DOG. Go hire Lona a dog and you can take your sweet time running away.
That or hide --> approach --> run to border

Print0o

May 1, 2018
I wonder what future monsters is Eccma is going to put in this game to fuck Lona? Dragons, werewolves, demons(also it would be awesome to have succubus skin for lona) gotta fuck them all Lona'mon.

Reactions: Yukihirou

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
At least the LONE Wanderer and such protagonists from Fallouts starts the game with a DOG. Go hire Lona a dog and you can take your sweet time running away.
In Fallout games, The Vault Dweller/Chosen One/Lone Wanderer/Courier/Sole Survivor does NOT start with a dog. Dogmeat is OPTIONAL (except for one quest in FO4). And let it be said that he is the dumbest dog I've ever met.

Ruras, yes. The Saint is everybody's favourite Sunbro.

0.5.2.0 drops around the 3rd of April.

Last edited:

Yotetar

May 23, 2020
In Fallout games, The Vault Dweller/Chosen One/Lone Wanderer/Courier/Sole Survivor does NOT start with a dog. Dogmeat is OPTIONAL (except for one quest in FO4). And let it be said that he is the dumbest dog I've ever met.

Ruras, yes. The Saint is everybody's favourite Sunbro.

0.5.2.0 drops around the 3rd of April.
ssssshhhhhh let dreams, be dreams, my dogmeat died everywhere I went, the dog in this game do that too.

• Haha
Reactions: Yukihirou

elchivo

Dec 15, 2018
Hmm, why won't the fishman weapon seller sell me anything? All he says is "Girl has weapon" and nothing else.

4.10 star(s) 183 Votes