CaiNanE

Nov 19, 2018
Sorry he wrote 0530, but he really uploaded 05301
I didn't mean it as critique or so, I was just curious. But i understand now. Good thing to post if it would be over looked or such.

Edit: BTW, did you guys see it was just a single comma that was missing. That pesky little comma, bringing down space shuttles and crashing games. It doesn't matter. Comma ♫ Chameleon ♪

Last edited:

xellos616

May 5, 2020
And yet the attachment in the post in question is called "patch0.5.3.0.1". Did you miss that?
1) Yes I missed it because,
I do not click on all links in a row when I am on the forums.
2) But from the title of your post it is not clear what version this is?

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
1) Yes I missed it because,
I do not click on all links in a row when I am on the forums.
2) But from the title of your post it is not clear what version this is?
1) You don't have to click every link. The title of the attachment is right there for everyone to see.
2) I don't know how I could have made it any clearer, having quoted the author himself verbatim and naming the download 0.5.3.0.1.

EDIT: Clarity.

Last edited:

LourieParker

Feb 11, 2021
Hi, LourieParker! I looked over the previous version and I didn't spot any irregularities. Great Work! I forgot to get back to you about that..:oops: I can't imagine how many hours this must have taken. "A lot" is my best guess :HideThePain: Great job indeed.

Between 0.4.9.4 and 0.5.3.0 there are 68 identical files and 34 differences, and 8 new files. The 34 diffs are mostly minor fixes here and there (he changed some call/syntax functions) and some additional translations, plus everything in /Mail was translated.

Did you give it anymore thought about doing a PR on gitgud for all this work you put in? If you did an updated merge to 0.5.3.0 with the rest in english/chinese I think eccma would accept it. Perhpas he'd even gift you some figurines? :D

Edit: I see you already took care of /Mail. Great work.
Hi again. Yeah, a lot is the best answer there. Now I'm improving the translation, fixing typos and finishing the missing strings. I'm planning to keep this is up to date. Can't say much since I'd been spotted and supported up by dev. I'll try to find an easy way to compare the differences between versions (really dont want to dig into update logs), thank you for your help.

Reactions: CaiNanE

CaiNanE

Nov 19, 2018
Hi again. Yeah, a lot is the best answer there. Now I'm improving the translation, fixing typos and finishing the missing strings. I'm planning to keep this is up to date. Can't say much since I'd been spotted and supported up by dev. I'll try to find an easy way to compare the differences between versions (really dont want to dig into update logs), thank you for your help.
Good going! Yeah, I understand your work process now. And why release is static on version 0.4.9.4. You can't rely on release notes to find the diffs. Mostly because the notes only have the major stuff listed. Like, 90 percent is under the hood stuff.

What you need is a good file manager. And by that I mean a real orthodox file manager (OFM). The two best are Total Commander by Ghisler which is for windows. The other is Double Commander by Alexander Koblov and friends for *nix.

What you need to do is to have the new version's DIR in one panel and the old version's DIR in the other panel (OFM usually has two panels in one window, think NC for DOS or MC for *nix). Then you do a file sync. But not the sync it self, just the compare tool. Looks like this (the color scheme is totally configurational and doesn't need to hurt your eyes like mine does):
file_sync_compare_dir.png
Notice the DIRs at the top. One is 0.5.3.0 and the other is 0.4.9.4. Left and Right. The rest of the window should be self explanatory. The red files are files with Diffs. Greens are Equal, darker green or blue are missing files. Now, you can see your files and their states compared to each other.

What you need to do next is to use the File/Content Compare tool. So, go down to the first hit on the list "commonCommands.txt" and hit CRTL+F3 or what ever the command is for file comparer. It should look like this:
file_compare.png
You still have Right and Left and it has also jumped to the First Diff. Now you can edit the file directly. ALT+M or what ever the shortcut may be. And copy the diffs blocks/sections on the right to the left or vice versa.

And so you go on until you're ready.
With these tools you'll be done merging your old release with the new one in an hour. I wouldn't even try this without these tools. They have really helped me through the years.

If you have any questions just ask me any time.

Last edited:

CaiNanE

Nov 19, 2018
Nice, LonaRPG just threw an "Exception during save" message and, oh, about 5-6 hours worth of leveling gone. Just gone. Save02.rvdata2 gone. The Autosave crap is useless. Won't load when renamed to Save02.rvdata2.

Guess I'll go out and chop some wood. Bye.

Edit: I chopped so much wood.

Last edited:

Sgrodolo

Sep 1, 2017
Beta must mean the game is feature complete, right?
How long is the game in hours?

Last edited:

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
LonaRPG.JPN.Beta.0.5.3.0.1.repack

Now official.) new version
Nice, but the missing files bug has an effective workaround now. Plus, this is a specific build just for the JaPaNese markets.
Also, only people that are subscribed through fanbox can download it through that link.

CaiNanE

Nov 19, 2018
Bug report from a mail conversaiton with OathDevil:
---------------
OathDevil:

Played LonaRPG 0.5.2.1 with your Patch and got captured as a slave, decided to roll with it for a while and chanced on this message shortly after.

CaiNanE:
That is odd. "Lona/needle_begin2" hasn't existed for a long time. I went as far back as 0.4.5.1 and still back then it was "Lona/VagNeedle_begin2" and "Lona/AnalNeedle_begin2".

Looking at the code in "UniqueEvent_VagNeedle.rb" and "UniqueEvent_AnalNeedle.rb" I feel I must be missing smthng.

The text is however correct. But smthng in the code is not.
Thanks for reporting.

Edit: Found it. Code was indeed looking for "needle_begin2" line 136:

$game_message.add("\\t[commonH:Lona/needle_begin2]")

should be:

$game_message.add("\\t[commonH:Lona/VagNeedle_begin2]")

You can either fix this yourself or I can post it in the thread and hope eccma sees it.
---------------

So, I Think that is the solution at least. I have no overabundance with EXP to deal with ruby files, but a name should at least call the right name. So much must be correct I think.

Edit: BTW, the file in question is: "LonaRPG.Beta\Data\HCGframes\UniqueEvent_VagNeedle.rb".

Last edited:

CaiNanE

Nov 19, 2018
Beta must mean the game is feature complete, right?
How long is the game in hours?
I think the record for shortest play through is around 3 hours. There still has not been a record for the longest play through.. :D
Nice, but the missing files bug has an effective workaround now. Plus, this is a specific build just for the JaPaNese markets.
Also, only people that are subscribed through fanbox can download it through that link.
Haha, you made me read japanese like a retard. Sitting here wording out: "Yaaa Paaaa Neeese" :LOL:

lalut

Jul 6, 2020
I think the record for shortest play through is around 3 hours. There still has not been a record for the longest play through.. :D

Haha, you made me read japanese like a retard. Sitting here wording out: "Yaaa Paaaa Neeese" :LOL:
Does a speedrun involved power farming herbs while maxing survival and int?

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes