reimureimu

Jul 27, 2021
Why anyone even need the Dark Cauldron Trait?
If you playing full WIS build - just pick the Omnivore Trait and then recycle Lona's own vomit and poop to get infinity source of free and healthy food :) Also, don't forget, that Lona can beg NPCs for food. You need a minimum of 3 WIS and high Weak stat to make it work, so pick some dirty rags, put them on and go speak to passersby in Noer - it'll do the thing.
I'm currently trying a stealth build on Hell, and I still can't decide do I even need that cauldron or not.
1628007093120.png
Also, if you don't like someone, then why even bother to respond to them? ;)
1628005757187.png

• Haha
Reactions: FruitSmoothie

jinnai89

Mar 22, 2020
If you playing full WIS build - just pick the Omnivore Trait and then recycle Lona's own vomit and poop to get infinity source of free and healthy food :) Also, don't forget, that Lona can beg NPCs for food. You need a minimum of 3 WIS and high Weak stat to make it work, so pick some dirty rags, put them on and go speak to passersby in Noer - it'll do the thing.
I'm currently trying a stealth build on Hell, and I still can't decide do I even need that cauldron or not.
View attachment 1334038
View attachment 1333982
>why learn to cook when you can just eat shit and vomit
i mean.. some people might want to RP a little and not eat worms, rats, vomit, human flesh, cum and shit you know

Myha

Feb 19, 2018
I have compared this patch to original ENG folder - Not bad.

This time it is not some third user patch that adds whatever random STUFF he pleases (cainane) but its actually looks like a proper mtl translation merge... But... Just stop using that "CANCEL" everywhere! And there where some wrong typo things in code that can lead to bug (not sure, though, maybe not?) why even change files that is already fully translated in english?
View attachment 1333732

So I removed all unnecessary files while left only those, that contains CHT translation, 37 in eng and 2 in mail folder:

A whole ENG folder to overwrite if someone already used merge - to remove that "cancel" and some not fun stuff:
View attachment 1333752
Patch with only 39 files inside, for those, who still use original version, that they downloaded:
View attachment 1333754

If you gonna continue, might be a good idea to take reference from .txt that has "-" prefix in ENG folder.
Those is translation files, that is still in development, probably you can copypaste from there.
And, please, create not only merged but a separate archive as well in next time - that contains only those files, that been translated form CHT. Also, this site is karma farm machine for addicts - you have the link now, run the hell out of here before it's too late
"Cancel" and "Bluff" seem to be the prefered words from Sugoi soy boy, who is the official translator, so I will continue to use it. Also the raw google translate result for that text is "Forget it", so "Cancel" seems not too bad compared to that.
Edit : he seems to be using "never mind" on some files, not sure why sometimes one and sometimes the other ...

Thanks for the "-" files, I wasn't sure what those files were so I didn't touch them.

Lastly I would like to ask something to everyone who works on text files translation. You may have noticed that Sugoi soy boy has writen "#Fully translated and cleaned up by Sugoi Soy Boy. Fuck off MTLing monkeys." in some files, it's pretty self explanatory, those files have been fully worked on by official translation, so please don't touch them.
To help in the creation of our patches, I'm asking you to do the same, leave a note at the start and/or end of the files you worked on, precising if you translated yourself or MTL. Of course you don't HAVE to do it, it's just a request to make things easier for everyone.
Exemple of my note : "#Placeholder translation by MTL Monkey"

Last edited:
Reactions: Yukihirou

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
"Cancel" and "Bluff" seem to be the prefered words from Sugoi soy boy, who is the official translator, so I will continue to use it. Also the raw google translate result for that text is "Forget it", so "Cancel" seems not too bad compared to that.
Edit : he seems to be using "never mind" on some files, not sure why sometimes one and sometimes the other ...

Thanks for the "-" files, I wasn't sure what those files were so I didn't touch them.

Lastly I would like to ask something to everyone who works on text files translation. You may have noticed that Sugoi soy boy has writen "#Fully translated and cleaned up by Sugoi Soy Boy. Fuck off MTLing monkeys." in some files, it's pretty self explanatory, those files have been fully worked on by official translation, so please don't touch them.
To help in the creation of our patches, I'm asking you to do the same, leave a note at the start and/or end of the files you worked on, precising if you translated yourself or MTL. Of course you don't HAVE to do it, it's just a request to make things easier for everyone.
Exemple of my note : "#Placeholder translation by MTL Monkey"
Whoever you lovely people that doing the Eng MTL "Mod" is not affiliate with LonaRPG thus have nothing to do with the original game. You put the credit for "Sugoi Soy Boy" just to show respect despite being called "monkeys". You might be fine by being disrespected, but won't it take a toll on whoever wanna chip-in?
Tho I may understand wrong, that your "patches" do affect the original game by any means?

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
If you playing full WIS build - just pick the Omnivore Trait and then recycle Lona's own vomit and poop to get infinity source of free and healthy food
I have a feeling these should be tagged with Gastrosia disease debuff but somehow Eccma keep forgetting to do it this whole year...

Why doesn't my Lona shit her pants when her defecation level is full? Is that a bug?
What brazilla said, also when Lona's anal is loose, preferrably thank to anal parasites.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ricordi

Myha

Feb 19, 2018
Whoever you lovely people that doing the Eng MTL "Mod" is not affiliate with LonaRPG thus have nothing to do with the original game. You put the credit for "Sugoi Soy Boy" just to show respect despite being called "monkeys". You might be fine by being disrespected, but won't it take a toll on whoever wanna chip-in?
Tho I may understand wrong, that your "patches" do affect the original game by any means?
Sugoi Soy Boy's translation is actual work, I'm not sure if Eccma is paying him but it still deserves respect, and if I was to cry just for being called "monkey", I would have killed myself a long time ago, so this doesn't affect me at all. I also can understand his reasons, and besides, getting mad over this wouldn't have any positive result for anyone.

I'm not sure what you mean about "won't it take a toll on whoever wanna chip-in?". I don't mind more people coming in to do some MTL, even if they do things differently. I ASKED for them to leave a "note" of their work for practical reasons, ASKED, I won't get mad if they don't do it.

As for our patches, they technicaly do affect the game by changing the chinese text shown on screen to english. I don't know about the others, but I never touch text that is already translated (except maybe if I see an obvious typo). So I always leave official and unofficial translation as it is.
It is important to note that those files contain some form of "code", so changing something that isn't just text to display, could result in more or less important issues in game, from small visual issues to game crash, so you gotta be careful what you touch.

Reactions: nackedsnake

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
I'm not sure what you mean about "won't it take a toll on whoever wanna chip-in?". I don't mind more people coming in to do some MTL, even if they do things differently. I ASKED for them to leave a "note" of their work for practical reasons, ASKED, I won't get mad if they don't do it.
As in if they feel being disrespected they might reluctantly wanna chip-in, tbh I first thought CaiNanE 's silence lately is due to soy boy's drama. You understand something doesn't necessarily mean it's right, and not everyone is OK to be called "monkey" in a none-friendly tone.
But I'm just another random person, pay me no mind. :LOL:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
I mean, it's probably not great. Making things non newb friendly is a great way to lose your audience over time. Older players/members move on, newer ones are scared off. That's how communities tend to die. At least with indie games it'll probably be finished before there's an issue with that.

Tektaara

Mar 15, 2021
"Can you help Lona survive? (And protect her smile?)"
Can I help her survive you bet, the smile though... yeah, unless that has something to do with surviving then no unless she likes getting done in every which way.
As long as I don't have to protect her eyebrows, sure! Hey a smile's a smile, right?

Nah, I have been playing rpgm games for 15 years. When devs wander away from the standard interface all they do is make life difficult for their players and themselves. Enter->interact, esc -> open menu, mouse clicks-> something happens

Not rocket science

"Wait! I can reinvent the wheel and be adored by millions!"

Yeah, right
There's a lot of room for improvement regarding this game's interface in my opinion, but I don't think giving up in frustration after only 10 minutes of trying is indicative of a defect. (at least not in the game)

Is there a reason to leave noer (other than to complete Noer quests)?

Doing doom mode because I like the challenge, but I'm not seeing a reason to ever leave Noer since it's so dangerous outside Noer and Noer is by far the most lucrative.

Is there a benefit to the other regions? Doomfort and Piratefort, what's the benefit of them? Hard to beat colosseum's 2 large copper a day.
If the ship guy accepted TP instead of gold coins exclusively you wouldn't even have a reason to leave Noer docks. You could get a loan, sell your Id, buy a pair of glasses, continuously loot the warehouse while begging for food and leave the island on day 1.

The reward from milo's quests obviously speak for themselves, but for instance the musket won't appear in random loot until you beat the quest. Other than that it's up to you to decide.

Tektaara

Mar 15, 2021
>why learn to cook when you can just eat shit and vomit
i mean.. some people might want to RP a little and not eat worms, rats, vomit, human flesh, cum and shit you know
It's OP it paralyses any enemies who dare to kiss Lona.

reimureimu

Jul 27, 2021
Then why not just ask the Dev or the ENG translator himself?
You have the link now, don't just sit only here been isolated - gather more info.
I have a feeling these should be tagged with Gastrosia disease debuff but somehow Eccma keep forgetting to do it this whole year...
There will be plenty of DragonWeeds if Omnivore is used in WIS build, so Gastrosia should not be much of a problem :unsure: ...right?

thehotness

Jan 17, 2021
I mean, it's probably not great. Making things non newb friendly is a great way to lose your audience over time. Older players/members move on, newer ones are scared off. That's how communities tend to die. At least with indie games it'll probably be finished before there's an issue with that.
If you want a newb friendly version, download the cheat patch and use cheats.
Also by using rebirth on hard mode, you can be ridiculously overpowered.
The game is billed as a dark survival game, it's meant to be difficult and unforgiving.
There are ways to get good and improve your game play experience. Don't treat this as an action game and charge headlong into danger. Running away, surviving, hiding, laying traps, upgrading your equipment, levelling up, using companions, those are all legit tactics too.

xeivous

Mar 16, 2018
Also I NEED help with adams quest's at the DOOM Fortress. SO if anyone can guide me with his quests that would be great.
I've gotten 2 quests from him thus far. The first one to steal a badge you do in the guard training ground to the right outside of the inn during the daytime. Just use the steal skill on the marked guard. As for the 2nd quest for him, you exit the map and go to the tower to the south-east and inside you gotta walk past the folks in the first room and then stealth your way through the armory full of guards to the chest in the bottom left of the room to steal a bunch of muskets on the wall.

Reactions: WorkerB4

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
There will be plenty of DragonWeeds if Omnivore is used in WIS build, so Gastrosia should not be much of a problem :unsure: ...right?
...drug overdose on higher difficulty, anyways, should track your drug usage with an excel file and you should be ok, I guess...

thehotness

Jan 17, 2021
View attachment 1334038
View attachment 1333982
Dark cauldron is necessary to make potions. On hell mode, you cannot heal during normal napping, only sleeping. You can't bring raw food with you and pooping and vomit are not enough to keep your food high. You can try but eventually you will run out. In my previous play throughs i neglected dark cauldron and really found the going difficult, with dark cauldron you can cook every type of food so you can bring it with you when you travel.

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes