MaRRgoT

Mar 18, 2021
hi. I had a bug in the quest - rescue of refugees. Milo's second letter doesn't come, although I gave him Adam's head.v0.7.2.6.

Aug 11, 2021
hi. I had a bug in the quest - rescue of refugees. Milo's second letter doesn't come, although I gave him Adam's head.v0.7.2.6.
Need to wait five days after accepting Cecily's quest. You're supposed to let her know when you're good to go. Milos second invite will get you the oppurtunity to do what I suspect you wan't.

Jun 4, 2020
Any chance someone can help me out and upload the latest cheats for 0.7.2.6? I was trying all that I could find on chat, and one file works partially, with f10 and f5 working, f6 eventually, the other only works for f10, and in all I tried when I opened the f9 tab it was messy and whenever I tried to do something with it to get items or anything, mess with character, it would crash instantly unless I closed it without doing anything with it.

Mar 29, 2021
Any chance someone can help me out and upload the latest cheats for 0.7.2.6? I was trying all that I could find on chat, and one file works partially, with f10 and f5 working, f6 eventually, the other only works for f10, and in all I tried when I opened the f9 tab it was messy and whenever I tried to do something with it to get items or anything, mess with character, it would crash instantly unless I closed it without doing anything with it.

agriasoaks

Oct 11, 2019
Does anyone try out in full playthrough playing the mc with acolyte trait then priestess ?

Also I which is the traits that prevent you from taking the acolyte trait then later the priestess trait ?

Aug 11, 2021
Good catch. I never travel with Cocona so I miss all these. The problem is a "0". The game is looking for:

call_msg("TagMapDfRefugeeCamp:Df_Heresy/3to4_1_cocona")

in the file:
\LonaRPG.Beta.0.7.2.X\Data\HCGframes\event\DfRefugeeCamp_HeresyPriest.rb

But the textfile contains:
Df_Heresy/3to4_1_cocona0 in both the CHT and ENG files.

So, the fix is to remove the "0" from the textfile or add it to the ruby file. I'll do a quickfix and remove it from the textfile and keep it in mind when they fix it upstream.

I'll upload the eng zip in a moment.

Edit: A moment has passed.
I'll do the same for Adam not recognizing Lona despite helping him prior to the Cecily Hijack quest:

Edit: I found the code in "\Data\HCGframes\event\CecilyHijack0_ThunderFlash.rb" and the lines 60-61. I switched "AdamAlive0_t0" to "AdamAlive0_t1" and vice versa and that sure enough calls the "QuestStart/ShowUp_AdamAlive0_t0" line instead where Adam recognize Lona. I have no idea if this is the fix or not.

Edit: I think it is a true fix. Looking in the code some more and also in the "GameLona.ini" ACH "RecQuestAdam_6=1" makes me believe it should be
"call_msg("TagMapCecilyHijack:QuestStart/ShowUp_AdamAlive0_t0") if $story_stats["RecQuestAdam"] >= 1" and nothing else.
So, instead of editing the code I'll just reverse "AdamAlive0_t0" and "AdamAlive0_t1" in the textfile.

If/when they find it upstream and decide to either edit the textfiles as I have now or change the code I'll deal with it then. I also did some QoL editing around pirates bane and vicinity this time around.

Also, thanks for making me talk to myself.

Last edited:

XDHGX

Feb 21, 2018
I'll do the same for Adam not recognizing Lona despite helping him prior to the Cecily Hijack quest:

So, instead of editing the code I'll just reverse "AdamAlive0_t0" and "AdamAlive0_t1" in the textfile.

If/when they find it upstream and decide to either edit the textfiles as I have now or change the code I'll deal with it then. I also did some QoL editing around pirates bane and vicinity this time around.

Also, thanks for making me talk to myself.
You may talk to yourself. But I'm reading every single one of your conversations, man.

MaRRgoT

Mar 18, 2021
Need to wait five days after accepting Cecily's quest. You're supposed to let her know when you're good to go. Milos second invite will get you the oppurtunity to do what I suspect you wan't.
Nothing helps. I waited more than 5 days before accepting. I waited 5 days both after accepting the assignment and after joining the group.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Gundar_The_Great
Aug 11, 2021
Nothing helps. I waited more than 5 days before accepting. I waited 5 days both after accepting the assignment and after joining the group.
I have just come to this point in the story too and I'll try to see if I can trigger the second invitation. The difference I made is that I saved Adam from decapitation. We'll see. I have a save prior to accepting it so I can retest if so.

Kauffman

Jul 8, 2020
anyone have the save file for moot abomination start? been trying to get it but I couldnt get the option to rebirth as moot abomination

Tiredpuff

Jun 4, 2017
Are you just waiting time to pass on the overmap or are you sleeping on the tavern?

If I recall correctly, the invite came to me only after I slept on the tavern.

MaRRgoT

Mar 18, 2021
Are you just waiting time to pass on the overmap or are you sleeping on the tavern?

If I recall correctly, the invite came to me only after I slept on the tavern.
I've tried all the ways. Out of town, in the city, in a tavern, in a clinic. The head of the guild has been standing, and is standing.

MaRRgoT

Mar 18, 2021
I have just come to this point in the story too and I'll try to see if I can trigger the second invitation. The difference I made is that I saved Adam from decapitation. We'll see. I have a save prior to accepting it so I can retest if so.
Saving Adam just disables the appearance of the letter. That's what the wiki says.

Tiredpuff

Jun 4, 2017
Saving Adam just disables the appearance of the letter. That's what the wiki says.
That makes sense... On my experience, I firstly did the first invite quest and killed Adam, and then the following quests where I ended up betraying Cecily. After that I came back a couple of saves and did the first invite quest with enough wisdom to spare Adam, and can't really remember if I got the second invite. So that may be it. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Edit: Just checked, yeah the invite doesn't come. I believe it makes sense considering how the first quest ends. It appears that Milo just gets disappointed with the results of Lona's endeavor and feels she isn't to be trusted in these matters.

It'd be interesting if you could actually spare Adam by getting the head of one of those corpses around him in his camp to show to Milo and get his trust.

Last edited:

MaRRgoT

Mar 18, 2021
That makes sense... On my experience, I firstly did the first invite quest and killed Adam, and then the following quests where I ended up betraying Cecily. After that I came back a couple of saves and did the first invite quest with enough wisdom to spare Adam, and can't really remember if I got the second invite. So that may be it. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Edit: Just checked, yeah the invite doesn't come. I believe it makes sense considering how the first quest ends. It appears that Milo just gets disappointed with the results of Lona's endeavor and feels she isn't to be trusted in these matters.

It'd be interesting if you could actually spare Adam by getting the head of one of those corpses around him in his camp to show to Milo and get his trust.
Maybe there is a bug in my version?

I don't see any other options.
Or am I just looking in the wrong place? How exactly does the second letter arrive?

Tiredpuff

Jun 4, 2017
Maybe there is a bug in my version?

I don't see any other options.
Or am I just looking in the wrong place? How exactly does the second letter arrive?
I'll first describe the proccess by memory then ask you a question.

Firstly you just play the game as normal and complete most of the quests from Noer, including the one where you rescue Cecily; After sleeping a night on the inn there'll be a green ! on the guild quest giver at the tavern, you talk to him and you'll get Milo's invite (the first) at your notes at the menu and you'll receive a pass that allows you to go the noble region of Noer, where Milo'll be waiting for you at the golden bar there; You go there and he'll give you the quest to assassinate Adam; You can complete the quest by either killing him or sparing him, and then telling news of your effort to Milo (if you kill Adam he'll drop his head, which you need to take to Milo);

After completing that quest ^ and some time passing, Cecily will have the green ! signalling she has a quest for you, you need to talk to her and she'll explain it to you, but not allow you to accept it yet, saying it's dangerous and that you should take some time to think, specifically 5 days. During the wait or after it, if you killed Adam on the previous quest, after sleeping at the tavern (how it went for me) there'll be a green ! on the guild quest giver again, that's the second invite. If you spared Adam, I believe Milo will not enter in contact with you again, so you'd need to go back a few saves and redo the quest by killing Adam.

After taking it remember to save before talking to Milo, as it's easy to refuse it by accident.

So did you kill or spare Adam?

MaRRgoT

Mar 18, 2021
I'll first describe the proccess by memory then ask you a question.

Firstly you just play the game as normal and complete most of the quests from Noer, including the one where you rescue Cecily; After sleeping a night on the inn there'll be a green ! on the guild quest giver at the tavern, you talk to him and you'll get Milo's invite (the first) at your notes at the menu and you'll receive a pass that allows you to go the noble region of Noer, where Milo'll be waiting for you at the golden bar there; You go there and he'll give you the quest to assassinate Adam; You can complete the quest by either killing him or sparing him, and then telling news of your effort to Milo (if you kill Adam he'll drop his head, which you need to take to Milo);

After completing that quest ^ and some time passing, Cecily will have the green ! signalling she has a quest for you, you need to talk to her and she'll explain it to you, but not allow you to accept it yet, saying it's dangerous and that you should take some time to think, specifically 5 days. During the wait or after it, if you killed Adam on the previous quest, after sleeping at the tavern (how it went for me) there'll be a green ! on the guild quest giver again, that's the second invite. If you spared Adam, I believe Milo will not enter in contact with you again, so you'd need to go back a few saves and redo the quest by killing Adam.

After taking it remember to save before talking to Milo, as it's easy to refuse it by accident.

So did you kill or spare Adam?
I killed adam.

MaRRgoT

Mar 18, 2021
And did you already accept the quest from Cecily or are you on the waiting period?

Also, does she already have a green ! on her head?

Edit: Also, post your save if you don't mind, I'll see if I can trigger the invite.
I tried in different ways. When before accepting a quest, after accepting a quest, after agreeing to help, after joining.

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes