RPGM - LonaRPG [v0.9.0.5 Beta] [EccmA417]

1. 3.00 star(s)

SonOfBasedGod

Good fucked up hardcore aesthetic and (tonally inconsistent) world, sadly they have the job of carrying the rather lame game mechanics. You need to go for very specific builds and know them early or else you will most likely spend eternities grinding or just die and have to restart/quit.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Ateya

Good game, distinctive brilliant on the background of junk games. But hardcore as shit; very, very, VERY hardcore. You'll have to eat dirt for survive, most battles should be avoided at the beginning.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Satori6

Good art, but terrible mechanics: lots of inventory management with RPGM controls, mandatory two hand gameplay, poor combat mechanics, and basically requiring a game over to see the good bits.

As they say: good idea, poor execution.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

darcin-greyhart

I hate this game. So, why rate it so highly? Lemme explain,

The biggest downfall is the stamina system. In the beginning, you will run out of stamina and be eaten alive by sewer rats. If you beat the rats, you'll be raped by orcs, dragged to their lair, and undoubtedly die there. Isn't that fun? It's been three minutes and it's game over. Now, the die hard fans have pointed out that with a pen, paper, calculator, and ouija board to contact Einstein, stamina is perfectly manageable. Fuck that.

There's also the matter of gear. You won't be able to keep it. It'll get ripped away from you and vanish, because as we all know, if you leave a stick on the ground for a whole minute, it vanishes. Anyway...

So, find the cheat and make stamina a non-problem . Then, this game becomes fun. There's a ton of stuff to explore and do. Be mindful that this world has an epic pandemic of rape going on. Your character is gonna get plowed like the a cornfield in spring time. Then, you'll get smacked around and have a 'falcon punch abortion'. It's pretty gnarly, man.

I think you'll like it if you bypass the stamina system.

Oh, uh, don't tell the gyno you need an abortion unless you actually need one. He gets stabby.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 6462811

The game is good, it's big, it has quality content and it's unique, but, but, but... the game is ridiculously difficult to the point of being unplayable. Everything spends energy in this game, and most of the time, you're crawling around just waiting for someone to attack and rape you for the rest of the gameplay until game over. For the game to be excellent, this energy and food collection system needs to improve, until then, I keep my 2 star rating
  6. 5.00 star(s)

OrcboIg

One of the best games I've ever played!
    First, this is not your standard RPG Maker lewd game.
    Actually, if you're looking for a game to fap, this game is not for you.
    But if you're looking for a rich experience from the POV of the most vunerable person possible trying to survive in a Berserk like world, this game is for you.
    First, you start of as a very weak person, you have a hard time beating some rats, and you can't even dream of killing the 3 goblins from the tutorial without using tricks, after some time you'll get stronger, but you'll always need to rely on tricks to win fights without taking risks.
    This game is more realistic, more dark and more gruesome than Dark Souls and Berserk.
    The game is very hard and punitive, but after learning how to play, it can be a very fun and engaging experience by itself.
    But this game also have a fantastic and very interesting story, you'll find a lot of notes around the world, and every single one tells a interesting story of someone.
    This game also have amazing characters that you wish to protect, because if one of them die, you'll lose them forever alongside with their questline, and unlike other open world games, they can die pretty easily, honestly, this game is better than Skyrim.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Carsten001

Stamina system is what ruins this game.
    Its a Hardcore Game for Masoisten. A Puinshing Simulator.
    But the Style is ok.
    Too bad, otherwise it would be a good game.
    You can't do anything without Stamia, absolutely nothing. The developer should revise the whole thing again. Would be a waste of all the time for the game.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

klz1821

In the grimdark future there are reviewers that rate based on their own fetishes and how easily they can play the game with one hand.

LonaRPG has a more interesting and brighter grimdark setting than that.

In this game you play as the titular Lona. In the game by itself you do not get to customize Lona's appearance though you technically get to customize her body. The game is easy to mod though, and if you're already here then please look for the 'booba' mod if you want certain enhancements visually. In the base game you can assign her 1 of 3 personality types and maybe keep her neutral for a total of 4.

The combat gameplay is kind of like you expect from a realtime action RPG maker type of game. You have 4 directions you can move, and you swing or throw or shoot magic in any of those directions. Some spells have an aoe targeting system that you place too.

Continuing on appearances and themes, the grimdark setting is portrayed very well. The world is washed out. It is gory, but not like a fetish. It feels desperate with hungry displaced refugees and citizens everywhere trying to survive like you. The guards and authority can be vicious and manipulative. Outside the walls, and sometimes inside, are slavers, bandits, orcs and goblins, lovecraftian fish people, and cronenberg horror abominations. There are also unique landmarks to find where you can find quests or be captured. Like a caravan under attack, or a remote hillbilly farm whose owners give you to their braindamaged son as a pet. But beware, it's not easy to survive exploring outside until you level up.

The depth comes from a variety of rules. There's locational injury and status effects. There is hunger which you must maintain. There's also stamina which only regenerates if you use your hunger to short rest or sleep. You have beauty, hygiene, and intimidation attributes which make you susceptible or not to rape. But they can also be beneficial so you can prostitute yourself, but you can still get pregnant which will make movement, stamina, hunger, and combat very awkward. Lastly there is money. Combined with food these are the hardest to maintain at first. It makes it a very interesting game to try and tackle it through all different kinds of methods.

You can specialize your build towards sexual prowess and use it for combat. You can also build to fight, you can also sneak, steal, cast spells or specialize in exploration and survival. You can also find different ways to survive, not just grind money and buy food. You can hunt and forage. You can even catch mice and bugs. Uncooked food differs from cooked food, and you can learn how to cook. You can also beg or steal. You can knock on random houses. Prostituting yourself will net you food as payment, in more ways than you'd think. There are actually so many options for a game, let alone a simple RPGM game.

Finally, be warned that this game is hard. You even feel pressured to plan out your moves on the world map before you make them, especially in the beginning. You will most likely die and cheat, but I would recommend you try to play it legitimately unless you want to change your race, because surviving is the fun of the game. If you die, you can start over as any children you had even as different races which is how you do that legitimately. Don't worry though, there's no perma death and you can save/reload unless you play on the highest difficulty which is the only difference. If you like this game then please consider supporting the developer, because this is easily a top 10 female protagonist game on this website.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

Purple_Heart

Reviewed on version 0.7.9.1.
    A poorly designed game that needs some serious tweak/balance patch.
    Stamina system is what ruins this game. Game uses stamina for everything.
    You walked? You lose stamina.
    You attacked an enemy? You lose stamina.
    You get attacked? You lose stamina.
    You dared to breathe? You lose stamina.
    Guess what happens once you lose all your stamina?
    You get raped.
    You get enslaved.
    You lose everything on you, including clothes money etc.
    And how do you gain stamina? You eat something. You fill your hunger meter then you nap(Or just sleep if you have a key item).
    But how do you get food? You either buy it from npc's(no stamina cost) or gather meat and fruits to make your own food(costs a fuckton of stamina).
    Since you are poor as fuck you choose to gather ingredients and make your own food.
    You go outside of the starting city and move 3 squares and suddenly you get attacked randomly by bandits.
    You eventually get past them(no, not by combat) but it also costed you precious stamina points to do it.
    Now you finally reached your destination and decided to gather some fruits.
    After spending a lot of stamina to gather fruits, it is finally time for some combat(hunt for some meat).
    You see a boar. You hit it once. You did 1 damage because you are so weak.
    In retaliation, it hits you once. You instantly get stunned.
    It hits you again and again, rapidly, without any pause. You get stunlocked until you lose what was left of your stamina.
    Now that you are out of stamina you are at the mercy of the boar. It may or may not kill you.
    If it kills you, game over. If it doesn't, let the torture begin.
    You CRAWL VERY VERY SLOWLY(because you are out of stamina) to the edge of the map so you can exit the area and hopefully return to city in one piece.
    After crawling for what feels like an hour you finally exit the area.
    You move 3 squares towards the city and you get attacked by bandits again.
    Only this time you are out of stamina and have zero chances of escaping.
    So you get raped, gangbanged and enslaved.
    You lose everything in your possession.
    Now you are in a condition much much worse compared to when you started the game.
    At this point I'd just restart the game or load an earlier save if I can.
    But this is RANDOM, if you are lucky, game may not spawn bandits out of no where.
    So lets just assume you were lucky. What happens next?
    You reach the city, and cook your food.
    Now your have your food but you need to sleep.
    To do that you need to buy a key for a room to sleep in.
    But since you are poor you can only afford a few keys, meaning a few sleeps.
    But since you need to sleep, you decided to buy as much keys as you can afford.
    Now that you have the keys, you sleep. You wake up and realize what happened was you basically traded all your money for stamina and food.
    Now that you have no money left, you need to do something to earn it.
    You choose to work as a dancer in the bar because you cannot do any quests involving killing. You are far too weak for that. Remember your experience with the boar?
    You work as a dancer. You work as long as you can because you need all the money you can get.
    You lost all your stamina during your shift.
    At the end of your shift all the drunk patrons in the bar decides to rape you.
    And the owner of the bar says something like "lol, you had it coming xD".
    You cannot escape because you have no stamina.
    You can only watch them as they rape you and steal all your items.
    Oh great, you are now once again in a condition much worse compared to when you started the game.
    Another restart! I am sure this time it will be different! (It won't be any different)

At this point you might be wondering if I suck at this game, maybe there are other ways that I don't know of, maybe I'm a noob?
    Your answer is no. Even if you don't go whore route, even if you do normal quests, you are so weak, it takes a loooooooooong time to kill something.
    You are so weak not even with weapons and spending all your trait points on attack power makes a noticeable difference.
    When you hit an enemy you do 1 damage. Since game uses stamina for EVERYTHING, you also lose some stamina when you attack. Meaning, even your own attacks works against you in this game. But atleast you did some damage, no matter how little, right? No, you need to attack atleast 99 times more to kill the enemy(if you have that much stamina). But when they hit you, they hit very very hard. And let me tell you, similar to the boar I've mentioned before, ALL enemies in this game are relentless. They do not wait for you, ever. They just spam their attacks constantly, and in most cases they will stunlock you to your death or rape. So, not only stamina system is bad, combat is bad too.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

ms.puzzle

this game is sexy as hell but if you aint feeling horny and are a masochist its a fun time too the only thing i dont like is how stamina works though its not like its bad its just a little hard.its world building is cool its combat is fun and it has some funny texts and im still discovering new things to do especially for it being a beta (as of june 2023) i would pay for this game and the more that i think about it im going to go donate to the dev
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Nyaa Tell

Quite unique in a positive way. Difficulty oddly adds to my enjoyment, despite masochism lite not being my forte.

Superb tactical sex mechanisms, decent CG, welcome dose of humor, what's not to like.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Old|Glory

This game is horrible. Despite all terifying things and actions that it's showing it has something cachy that I rarely found. I have deleted this game countless times but some time passes and I ending up downloading it again. This game is a drug, well compleated, perfectly animated addiction that cannot be cured. If you love pixel games, rape and humilation and also want to have restless nights this game for you. Don't forget to stay hydrated.
    5\5
  13. 5.00 star(s)

comebillybilly

Might be the best game in the genre, period.

It has a very well fleshed out world with a good story with the perverted fun never coming to an end. Usually it's one or the other, but this one does not give up either. There are so many ways to play this and so much fun to have.

Of course it does have some shortcomings with mechanics, especially with the stamina and dirt systems. Those are minor fixes though. This thing is awesome otherwise
  14. 1.00 star(s)

Foothida

worst game i'ever played you can't even move you get stunnlocked for ten years and die from starvation i hate this shit game very bad design and very not optimised at all needs more fixes not recommended 1/10 from me
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Sayathing

Story/Characters: 5/5
    I'm honestly surprised at how deep the game's dedication for the theme and making the character really feel small. It makes me get into the immersion really quickly, plus I love the character design and choices so huge plus there as well.

Gameplay: 5/5
    It's brutal and unforgiving. If you're used to just clicking and wining then this is a no for you, this game wants you to play smart and clever. Foreplaning and preparation is key. The freedom and builds you can create for your character is astounding as well, this let me play smart and clever against enemies and taking advantage of their behavior is euphoria when it worked, and when it didn't well... it just adds to the immersion. Win/Win

Art/H scenes: 6/5
    I think I understand the logic with the grotesque designs of the game. It makes me feel like the world and it's inhabitant is too far gone and radiated to the point what you see is what you see, and I really really love the bravery the dev is willing to go through just for the impact and immersion he wants you to experience.

Conclusion:
    I love it. It's one of my top 3 ongoing games. It's so unforgiving, dark, grotesque kind of H game where literally nothing come close. I will sure as well support the devs when I can, this kind of content is literally the only thing you can see in the era nowadays. Bygone do the time where such games are plausible, in the present however, LonaRPG is one of a kind due to the nature and theme of the game that most would shy away from and most medium like steam rejects the idea.

Which is why this game, is truly, none like other.
  16. 1.00 star(s)

jewtube

Edgy gobbledygook from an author who's in such disconnect with aesthetics, sensuality and eroticism it makes you wonder whether he's ever felt anything in his life that wasn't nu-metal-fueled angsty rage.

The game's grimdark edginess could've been used to underscore the rare moments of beauty and tenderness, which, alas, LonaRPG doesn't have.

Its mechanical richness, if properly balanced, could've helped conveying the feeling of struggle thus enhancing how rewarding overcoming them would've been, but instead serves as a source of endless meaningless frustration.

The scenes of brutal gang rape are barely distinguishable from those of street-corner prostitution thanks to the game's poor vocabulary and its extremely overdone puke-inducing effects of blood/piss/cum/dirt (in whichever combination the game's creator's sick mind chooses).

All the characters you meet are either one-note throwaways or cringeworthy animu stereotypes, which further drains the game of humanity.

Simply unbearable, repulsive garbage.
  17. 2.00 star(s)

someonenontimportant

+ Good art
    + Edgy humor
    + Great atmosphere

- Tedious, resources aren't hard to acquire it's just that foraging runs become boring very quickly
    - Enemies take years to kill
    - Stamina is decreased by things like incoming damage, sprinting while enemies are around, sneaking, the game wants you to be assaulted and it's not good for combat
    - Pathfinding is godawful, NPCs get stuck on EVERYTHING and they're either slow or very slow
    - Stats like dirt and mood that decrease/increase at astronomical speeds dropping damage to 1
    - Cheats are required (notice that turning off dirt is the first option in the cheats menu), cheat engine speedhack is required as well, I pity anyone who plays this game without speedhack
    - Friendly fire should be disabled because the combat is such a mess it's rarely possible to not hit your allies
    - Companions die like flies especially to map encounters and their mood damage carries on so even if they survive they suffer horrible debuffs
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Tobi/Chaos

In my opinion LonaRPG is best game that was ever made for RPG Maker.

Scenes may not be animated but gameplay is really good and brutal, Lona can be brutaly fucked by goblins, humans, fishkinds and pigs.

This game is truly hardcore difficulty, simply switch pee&poo ON turn DOOM mode ON and have fun ^_^ this game is not like You just lost and thats the end.

Lona is weak tiny girl with no boobs ( i like flat ) You have to survive in brutal world as best as You can, there is some kind of "Story line" but You can completly ignore it and just have fun, so far i played:
    -> As whore ( using Lona body to make money and survive )
    -> As smart girl ( its cool that giving points to Knowledge unlocks new dialogues and options, also smart girl can become rich :D )
    -> As Assasin ( if You are smart You can defeat ARMIES of monsters, great planning with rocks, traps and mines makes Lona TRUE KILLING MACHINE
    -> As Hero ( Just finish all quests in game :D )
    -> As Gladiator ( defeating "Bosses" is kinda hard but possible, and if You were taken to Human Slavery they can sell You on arena :D its difficult but can get pretty easy if u put some points into Attack and You obey guards :D

Amount of options You can do in this game is really huge.

Game is not looking best, Lona art style is simple and dark but its fine, many sex scenes are repeating over and over again but game is not getting boring because most of the time You gonna be in new situation.

Thing that really suprised me was that Lona pee hole got fucked too :D
    thats pretty rare to see in games :p

Ahh and remember to sell Your goblin childs to Elise!... ( good cash )
  19. 5.00 star(s)

shadowth

Only problem is the program that starts the game.

Everything else is fine, but it's still in the testing phase.

Since there are so many updates, sometimes it's better to have all the patches in case of a file error, but it doesn't always solve it.

It's a great rpg, but people who don't have certain fetishes may find it strange if they leave the urination and defecation fetishes on. In my context it makes the game more realistic, but not everyone will find that.

This is one of the few games that comes from the reality of the ancient world.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

lowtierntrgod

this is what i wanted from a survival rpgm game
    i love that the game intentionally made you weak to really hammer the survival element home basically the highest likelyhood is you will die allot
    but thats the point its up to us the player to survive long enough
    however this game will try to make your characters life hell
    it gives meaning too the h scenes and really does feel like your homeless and have to survive

art 9/10 art is great might be not too everyone's taste but its really good most of the game uses custom assets something that is the hall mark of a good rpgm game

gameplay 10/10 you really do feel weak and trying to survive actually takes effort honestly this could be a great game even without the h elements the hentai is just a bonus

overal a must play even in its currently unfinished state