chickenb0nes

Jul 5, 2021
I know this question has been asked multiple times but I'm having trouble with changing resolution/fullscreen. A 640/360 display works but changing it in the options or the .ini simply leaves me with a 640p display at the top left of a black screen with another 640p image of the game in the middle.

I did, of course, run the famous _ResetRMsetting.reg, multiple times, to no avail. Doesn't seem to change anything tbh...

I tried messing with the properties and disabling my antivirus, those didn't change anything either (and resetting when after.)

Any help/suggestion would be greatly appreciated, that small of a display is a shame to a very nice game!

image_2024-07-29_063806585.png

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
I know this question has been asked multiple times but I'm having trouble with changing resolution/fullscreen. A 640/360 display works but changing it in the options or the .ini simply leaves me with a 640p display at the top left of a black screen with another 640p image of the game in the middle.

I did, of course, run the famous _ResetRMsetting.reg, multiple times, to no avail. Doesn't seem to change anything tbh...

I tried messing with the properties and disabling my antivirus, those didn't change anything either (and resetting when after.)

Any help/suggestion would be greatly appreciated, that small of a display is a shame to a very nice game!

View attachment 3877569
That looks to me like a Scaling issue.

Older apps (like the game engine used) don't know how to adjust for it properly.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
Is there any known way to solve this Scaling issue?
Im guessing most people play this game in a window more than 640p wide
The only way I know of is to set the system Scaling to 100% if it isn't already, then use Magpie to scale the game window if the ingame fullscreen settings still don't work properly.

Magpie has the added bonus of being able to setup filters to change how the scaling works, though a decent machine is required for some filter combinations. With the right combo you could get the game looking Ultra HD crispy goodness (what that combo is I do not know though)

yoloshiku9901

Oct 12, 2020

View attachment 3877569
Did you try to disable fullscreen on other RPGMaker games you had? Especially the old ones where you to F1 for the engine settings to set to default open to fullscreen.
bug issueScreenshot 2024-07-30 123259.jpg
I found that if you had it set to fullscreen via the F1 option method on rpgmaker, it cause the similar issue of stuck at top left when you adjust the resolution.

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
Did you try to disable fullscreen on other RPGMaker games you had? Especially the old ones where you to F1 for the engine settings to set to default open to fullscreen.
View attachment 3881594
I found that if you had it set to fullscreen via the F1 option method on rpgmaker, it cause the similar issue of stuck at top left when you adjust the resolution.
Using the _ResetRMsetting.reg file resets that for all VX Ace games, not just LonaRPG.

Extercaineld

Jul 17, 2022
greetings chat, after rebirthing I noticed that the sprites used to represent my lona's sexual bits are different, I suspect that it might be due to her race, does anybody knows anything that could confirm or deny my hypothesis?
View attachment 3866253 View attachment 3866254

looks like I was wrong, my sprites just changed to these black ones and idk why
Guessing it's the feature where her body parts got randomised. There's also randomise public hair growth.

Nov 10, 2023
I started Lona after downloading it, but...I don't know why, But I started with max interchange points (or whatever it was called), how can I not start with that? It makes the game too boring If I can just go to the bank, and then become rich
Fucking points.png

Last edited:

chickenb0nes

Jul 5, 2021
The only way I know of is to set the system Scaling to 100% if it isn't already, then use Magpie to scale the game window if the ingame fullscreen settings still don't work properly.

Magpie has the added bonus of being able to setup filters to change how the scaling works, though a decent machine is required for some filter combinations. With the right combo you could get the game looking Ultra HD crispy goodness (what that combo is I do not know though)
Tried this and it seems to work! Another workaround (could be specifically for my error but Ill write it here in case someone else has this problem) was simply changing around my windows screen resolution and bringing it back to 1080p. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for the help kind soul

nabst

Oct 24, 2020
Love the game but the semen being like nearly piss yellow for lona but normal colored for CGs is just so random for me, why not have it normal colored for like, humans, and piss yellow for the orkinds or something lol, anyone else of similar opinion?

Reactions: jisn064

KoichioMiru

Apr 19, 2018
1722416482056.png I keep getting this when trying to use the Cheats mod and I see that the mod author is still active. If you could, do you mind letting me know what I did wrong? I followed the instructions you left on the post previously, "Extract and copy the ini and the folder to the game's main folder. The folder should merge with the existing ModScripts folder. Enable the mod (either via Nyx, UMM or manually editing the GameMods.ini). Once loaded into the game world, press F9." but get that error message and can't use the cheat menu. Any advice?

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
View attachment 3885090 I keep getting this when trying to use the Cheats mod and I see that the mod author is still active. If you could, do you mind letting me know what I did wrong? I followed the instructions you left on the post previously, "Extract and copy the ini and the folder to the game's main folder. The folder should merge with the existing ModScripts folder. Enable the mod (either via Nyx, UMM or manually editing the GameMods.ini). Once loaded into the game world, press F9." but get that error message and can't use the cheat menu. Any advice?
Game version used is too old.

Also make sure there wasn't an existing copy of the mod in the _Mods folder.

Last edited:

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
It's a common complain. So common that somebody made a mod to "fix" it

Wonder why it's not listed in opening post of the thread when big booba mod is.
Probably because it isn't being updated (missing some sprites) and is currently a replacer mod for a much older version.
Also probably hasn't been added to the OP as that usually only happens when requested.

KoichioMiru

Apr 19, 2018
Game version used is too old.

Also make sure there wasn't an existing copy of the mod in the _Mods folder.
EDIT: I used a different download link. More comfy with it now, will update later if it works now. Sidenote, do you know how to install UMM for the Big Booba mod? Or does it truly not need it anymore and can just be added to the _Mod folder?

EDIT 2: So now I have a new error message, can you help with this one too or no?

EDIT 3: I added the Configurable Infinite Main Stats to the cheat mod, that's what caused it. Fixed it now though! Thanks again Kenny!

Last edited:

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I started Lona after downloading it, but...I don't know why, But I started with max interchange points (or whatever it was called), how can I not start with that? It makes the game too boring If I can just go to the bank, and then become rich
View attachment 3883165
Technically, TP should vanish when the screen changes. It should not be permanent. I'd suggest deleting the game, its folder, save files and any mods you installed then start with a fresh, unmodded copy of the game.
I just booted a fresh copy without mods or saves, went straight to the bank and didn't get unlimited TP.

kostrr2

Nov 27, 2022
Help me, in which version of the game with the option "beg" the NPC after helping through dialogue said that they want to fuck her, because it was not free? I played this version before, but I do not remember what it was. Now in the current version of the game there is no this option and no additional dialogues after begging! :(

4.10 star(s) 189 Votes