Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
:(

It is a a clean install, the game was running fine until today.
Any mods installed? [in particular, any palette mods]

Try a clean install in a secondary folder. If that secondary install works fine, switch to that install.

Try adding the game folder to your AV's exclusion list (optionally, delete NyxLauncher.exe from ModScripts/ as it is a known false positive, but isn't actually needed for mods)

Alternatively, add the following line of code to the ModScripts/3_LonaBitmapChanger_hugememmonkeyfix.rb file:
Code:
prp value1
so that the following section of code:
Code:
class Bitmap
    alias_method :initialize_pre_failsafe, :initialize
    def initialize(value1=nil, value2=nil)
        #WARNING: MONKEY CODE!
        #Simulating initial constructor call. It's either Bitmap.new(FILENAME) or Bitmap.new(width,height) so pass to original initializer.
        if value2.nil?
            initialize_pre_failsafe(value1)
        else
            initialize_pre_failsafe(value1, value2)
        end
becomes this:
Code:
class Bitmap
    alias_method :initialize_pre_failsafe, :initialize
    def initialize(value1=nil, value2=nil)
        #WARNING: MONKEY CODE!
        #Simulating initial constructor call. It's either Bitmap.new(FILENAME) or Bitmap.new(width,height) so pass to original initializer.
        if value2.nil?
            prp value1
            initialize_pre_failsafe(value1)
        else
            initialize_pre_failsafe(value1, value2) 
        end
This should add the offending file to the console and hopefully also the errorlog (run the game via the console.bat file to have the console open while it crashes)

Last edited:

SomaNeko97

Jun 8, 2021
the wiki for LonaRPG seemed to have closed down...why was it though is my question?

Edit-seems like Fandom is killing the nsfw stuff...this is a Tumblr all over again lol

Kiko Doragon

Feb 2, 2018
Any mods installed? [in particular, any palette mods]
I have UMM, Lona Big Boobs, Cheat Menu Framework installed

Try a clean install in a secondary folder. If that secondary install works fine, switch to that install.
The game worked fine in new folder. Thank you!

I have a small question about Elise, everytime I try to talk to her, any option will make my Lona end up with death and game over. How to complete the White Dragon Seed quest?

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
I have a small question about Elise, everytime I try to talk to her, any option will make my Lona end up with death and game over. How to complete the White Dragon Seed quest?
Once you have spoken to him once during the quest, you can not talk again until you have the required items.
Elise is very homicidal towards timewasting. (For another example, have a pregnancy check when Lona isn't pregnant [be sure to save first])

Kiko Doragon

Feb 2, 2018
Once you have spoken to him once during the quest, you can not talk again until you have the required items.
Elise is very homicidal towards timewasting. (For another example, have a pregnancy check when Lona isn't pregnant [be sure to save first])
I collected 4 White Dragon Seeds as the quest required but Lona's still dead :(

Jan 31, 2018
Hello gents,
a question about this error,
1723112606072.png
This happens when Lona loses all her stamina vs the sewer orks in the training area,
I setup the Cheats Mod and the Lona_Booba_Graphics and have made other edits to the stat jsons.
after closing the error notification, I can still open the pause menu but the screen goes entirely black when I close it.
1723112892330.png
any ideas?

Kenny567

Oct 10, 2017
Hello gents,
a question about this error,
View attachment 3910279
This happens when Lona loses all her stamina vs the sewer orks in the training area,
I setup the Cheats Mod and the Lona_Booba_Graphics and have made other edits to the stat jsons.
after closing the error notification, I can still open the pause menu but the screen goes entirely black when I close it.
View attachment 3910287
any ideas?
Make sure you haven't missed anything with your json edits ie: json formatting.

I am yet to test Cheat Menu on the latest version, but even so, it shouldn't cause this.

Reactions: 201199

bucefala

Sep 1, 2020
I still have so much difficulty consistently completing certain missions. The AI is just way too hectic and its frustrating, sometimes it feels like there isnt much to learn or master. I just started a new run and on the first Cecily quest, what worked thousends of times before, npcs suddenly turn in the complete opposite direction of the thrown rock and spot you. I managed to find a more consistent spot to lure them towards the mines from, right behind the double crates behind the 2 bandits that look straight at the door, but even then, you stay still, no one spots you, you throw the rock, and the npc just randomly spins in your direction and spots you behind cover, even if there was space in front of him where to go (sometimes when they cant go to the rock because of another npc being in their way, they turn back, which is also bullshit).

After a lot of playing this game, it really feels like there isnt enjoyment to be had unless you save scum, at least hard missions like story missions.

Cocona quest too. I try and I try to call her constantly, but one moment when I have to move, and she randomly aggros a goblin and she almost dies and goes back where she started. My strategy is always hurry with her to the second north room, and then take care of those goblins (I play on hell), run around, aggro goblins that hurt Cocona and let her build some skeletons, if you're lucky, and if you arent, she will bomb them and get herself killed. This is the optimum scenario, as in half of my tries, even calling constantly and hurrying to second room, somehow something goes wrong and get stuck is first room, killing the gobbos in the first room isnt an option, you dont have the time.

I cant for the life of me find a consistent way to complete that missions, so I always save scum, but it feels unsatisfying, especially since I did it so many times and have nothing to show for it in terms of mastery.

Any tips on Cocona mission? How do you guys do it? Found a consistent way?

bucefala

Sep 1, 2020
Oh, but I found out how important the empty hand tackle skill is after dancing. Tested it and its pretty consistent to get safely to your room. Im starting to think that it would be important even in random overworld encounters, especially in city, when you get surrounded a lot.

Reactions: rKnight

Of_Ill_Omens

Apr 10, 2023
I collected 4 White Dragon Seeds as the quest required but Lona's still dead :(
This is strange. Do you get to the point of seeing dialogue options or Elise attacks right away as you enter the room?
Do you have super low morality by any chance?
Do you see any bats in the room?
bat country.jpg

Any tips on Cocona mission? How do you guys do it? Found a consistent way?
Easy way is to bring mines and pre-plant them at orkind spawn points before talking to Cocona.

As for 1st Cecily mission (and stealth in general) it seems there can be some differences in enemy behavior depending on your SCU, even with the same base value, the total can differ depending on what Lona wears and if she's dirty.
Or eccma fiddled with AI scripts and the particular version of the game is messed up.

Last edited:
Reactions: bucefala

arepepino

Mar 14, 2019
That Roleplay S mod is pretty fun, altho the new builds and specializations it introduces are really overpowered when compared to base game stuff, I don't know if it adds extra challenges to make up for it but for now this is a breeze

I'm a fan of the new mage content because OG mages kinda suck, all the good shit has been nerfed to no end and they have received nothing to make up for it so this mod really fixes that problem. Mages really needed unique equipment and more spells, they might be a bit too strong at the moment but they're also fun.

kangnuonuo

Oct 8, 2017
sure. I just edited the front bangs of the portrait and game sprite this one.
dirt is untouched so it will look out of place
Yooo sorry to kinda necro this but it doesn't seem to work on the latest version after I overwrite the files v0.9.1.0.2, or am I doing something wrong with the installation?

EDIT: Nvm the Big Booba mod has the bangs replacer as a mod thingy for nyx launcher tysm for creating this btw!

EDIT2: Yooo I saw this 'snow white' skin palette on arca is this still around?
1723134510274.png

I also keep reading about a 'DESU mod' but the wiki is dead, I imagine it's some type of a more diverse palette changer?

EDIT3: After digging around someone told me that the big booba mod has a similar skin palette to screenshot above so yea all's good, still don't know what desu mod is tho lmao

EDIT4: Yooo btw any chance we can get a non booba mod of the nun outfit? Shieeet

Last edited:

bucefala

Sep 1, 2020
Im increasingly of the opinion that any points into something other than your main trait is a waste. I put 10 points in sur because I have had bad experiences getting enough food when traveling to other places and biomes, and I thought it just made sense to be able to make your own dried meat and bring it with you, cause its hella expensive to buy. But now Im level 27 with only 7 points in wis and I do no damage. Sur also gives you mag def, but even then I think its a waste.

I know If you get high enough level you would get your investment, but it would take forever to just grind reapeatable missions for 10 levels, especially since you need a lot more xp the higher level you are before going for missions in other places. And if you dont grind for levels before the bulk of missions, you basically dont play as your build until late game, and there is a lot more buffer type enemies late game, and those are ridiculously tanky, so you basically are weak even then. And as timid lona, you dont even benefit from the coolest thing, dialogue option, they are unlocked at above 10-15 wis, and a lot of them are quite early.

It's weird, sur and stealth seem to be add ons in a build, or side traits, but putting points in 2 traits spells dissaster most often than not. The only exception would be tough lona, with attack and stealth, since the bulk of damage comes from weapons, you can put points into stealth, which also unlocks backstab.

Have you made builds that focus on 2 traits work?

dragon337111

Mar 16, 2018
Im increasingly of the opinion that any points into something other than your main trait is a waste. I put 10 points in sur because I have had bad experiences getting enough food when traveling to other places and biomes, and I thought it just made sense to be able to make your own dried meat and bring it with you, cause its hella expensive to buy. But now Im level 27 with only 7 points in wis and I do no damage. Sur also gives you mag def, but even then I think its a waste.

I know If you get high enough level you would get your investment, but it would take forever to just grind reapeatable missions for 10 levels, especially since you need a lot more xp the higher level you are before going for missions in other places. And if you dont grind for levels before the bulk of missions, you basically dont play as your build until late game, and there is a lot more buffer type enemies late game, and those are ridiculously tanky, so you basically are weak even then. And as timid lona, you dont even benefit from the coolest thing, dialogue option, they are unlocked at above 10-15 wis, and a lot of them are quite early.

It's weird, sur and stealth seem to be add ons in a build, or side traits, but putting points in 2 traits spells dissaster most often than not. The only exception would be tough lona, with attack and stealth, since the bulk of damage comes from weapons, you can put points into stealth, which also unlocks backstab.

I use build with Combat 27 and the rest at 20 except wisdom where I have 0. Just look at my stats and skills in the attached image.

I use combination of melee mostly and stealth. Against big and slow enemies (like big flesh monsters in Sybaris, ogres etc.) or weak and fast enemies (goblins, spiders, breedlings etc.) I use melee while stealth I use against bandits and such or when I fight in caves, forts or other places where there is not much space to go around, quest requires it and such.

My build melee works because of my weapon that I use - berserk sword, that you get from fighting a skeleton miniboss east of Noer in the marsh mountains. It has skill that does windmill, which is an aoe, and you can move while doing it - so fast enemies die quick and slow enemies will not hit me. It also does injuries on enemies so do a few of them on big enemies and they will hit you after a little while for 1 health/stamina damage.

Stealth and survival for food and killing enemies like bandits who hit hard, are fast and have a lot of hp.

In other attached images I killed 10+ attacking breedlings in their ambush while in other image I killed entire horde of (mostly big) flesh monsters without using potions or food - although it did take a while since I separated them a little since you want to fight them only one on one (or two at max) head on. I wanted to post videos of that but they are big so I just took screenshots of it at the start and after the fight.

Edit - I did forget. My level is 99 so there is that and why it does work.

Reactions: bucefala

arepepino

Mar 14, 2019

Timid lona is incredibly unbalanced for your 1st playthough, all your equipment is super expensive, you can't take advantage of the extra dialogues early on (when it matters the most) and you deal very little damage, personally I think mage builds should be played only as your 2nd playthrough with one of your descendants, mage 1st playthrough feels like a challenge run.

The only dual trait lona I've used with success is the sea witch with CON and WIS, most points going to WIS
But nowadays i don't use it too much because I feel like it has been nerfed, minions feel slower, water bolt has a longer animation, you need a shitload of points to make your own potions... It's just not worth it anymore.

bucefala

Sep 1, 2020
I use build with Combat 27 and the rest at 20 except wisdom where I have 0. Just look at my stats and skills in the attached image.

I use combination of melee mostly and stealth. Against big and slow enemies (like big flesh monsters in Sybaris, ogres etc.) or weak and fast enemies (goblins, spiders, breedlings etc.) I use melee while stealth I use against bandits and such or when I fight in caves, forts or other places where there is not much space to go around, quest requires it and such.

My build melee works because of my weapon that I use - berserk sword, that you get from fighting a skeleton miniboss east of Noer in the marsh mountains. It has skill that does windmill, which is an aoe, and you can move while doing it - so fast enemies die quick and slow enemies will not hit me. It also does injuries on enemies so do a few of them on big enemies and they will hit you after a little while for 1 health/stamina damage.

Stealth and survival for food and killing enemies like bandits who hit hard, are fast and have a lot of hp.

In other attached images I killed 10+ attacking breedlings in their ambush while in other image I killed entire horde of (mostly big) flesh monsters without using potions or food - although it did take a while since I separated them a little since you want to fight them only one on one (or two at max) head on. I wanted to post videos of that but they are big so I just took screenshots of it at the start and after the fight.

Edit - I did forget. My level is 99 so there is that and why it does work.
Thats cool, but I was talking more about non cheat builds, that would progress naturally.

4.10 star(s) 189 Votes