Mod Ren'Py Long Road Home - Denoiser Mod [v1.0.0] [SomeGuyWithNoImagination]

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019

Overview:
Denoises and sharpens the game, improving the quality of the renders.
This is not a perfect technology. Many scenes may continue to have noise.
Compatible with F4iunyl3x's video mod. You may use both together without conflicts.​

Updated: 2022-03-24
Game/Creator: Long Road Home / OBDGames
Modder: SomeGuyWithNoImagination /
Mod Version: 1.0.0
Game Version: Universal. (Last tested on 0.8.0)

Features:
- Implements a shader to denoise and sharpen the images. Attempts to minimize render noise and may reduce compression artifacts.

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Change-Log:

Note to Modders and Game Developers:

This mod is configured to reduce noise while attempting to retain fine detail in skin and other materials to the best of its ability.
As such, noise will still continue to appear in many scenes, but in reduced amounts.
Please see the comparison images below.

Comparison Images

The render quality in later chapters of the game is significantly better than in earlier.
I do not believe this mod is needed for content added in v0.9.0 or later, but content from before then will still benefit from this mod.

If you do not plan on playing earlier parts of the game, I do not consider this mod to be necessary, or even recommended.
If installed while playing later content, it will continue to denoise those images, which could cause fine details (such as on skin or fabric) to be subdued.
If you uninstall the mod and load a save made with it installed, you may see an error.
It can be safely ignored. Simply roll forward or backward and keep ignoring the errors until they stop.
(It should only take a couple frames.)
Download:

Last edited:

slawam

Feb 22, 2019
hey mate just wanted to ask if you gonna uptade your mod and if so do you have an ata for it? :)

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
hey mate just wanted to ask if you gonna uptade your mod and if so do you have an ata for it? :)
Unless the game errors, it's working and doesn't need updates.

(I know there is a potential for the game to error if you uninstall the mod, but if you simply click "continue" or whatever the button is, its not going to cause further issues.)

Reactions: Feyd

slawam

Feb 22, 2019
hell yeah thx did try it and had no problems. Does look a lot "cleaner" with your mod so big thx and keep up the good work(y)

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
is this mod an be applied to any game ?
More or less, yes. You can just take take the mod for this game and copy it to another. Just know that the settings for one game may not work so great on another.

For this game, I use rather conservative denoising, so as long as the noise levels are rather similar in this game to whatever you copy to, it'll probably work well.

If you do want/need to play with settings, there is a modified quick menu in 'configuration.rpy' that you can uncomment to show a button for that.

Note 1: Renpy doesn't really want to reload the images when it doesn't have to, so it's a bit finnicky to get settings to apply. I recommend first changing the settings a ton, applying, and then rolling forward or back until you see the effect. Do that a few times just to get a feel and know when it actually applies.

Note 2: Unless you play with the code a bit, only the 'sigma,' 'ksigma,' 'threshold,' 'contrast,' and 'sharpening' sliders will have any change. The other sliders are for other modes not currently used. I recommend reading README.md if you ever think of using this in your own projects, but then read 'MODDER_NOTE.md' for a bit more help as a modder (I forgot to update it with some recent changes, but you're a smart cookie and can figure it out).

• Red Heart
Reactions: Feyd and tuekop