[R>Artist 3D] Looking for a 3D artist to start a cool project with

LbM-93

Mar 10, 2018
Project:
I want to create a fantasy game that has all the usual stuff like elf's and orcs and ogres,etc. But I want to give it a very different spirit to the usual tropes, I want to innovate. I would be the writer and director on this project and I'm looking for someone to do 3d Art for the game. I'm aiming at Star Periphery, Timestamps, City of Broken Dreamers levels of quality! The writing will be just as good!

Some mandatory tags I want in my game: Teen, MILF, GILF, Futa, Monsters, Fantasy, Male Protagonist, Incest, Pregnancy Huge Asses, Tits and Dick's.

Some tags I'm still undecided on: Shota, Loli, Cum Inflation.

Developer:

I'll be the director and writer of the game, but the artist can give his opinions on the characters and story, it's all welcome!

Looking For:

Talented 3D artist since I'm terrible at it. Only good for the writing!

Employment Type:

I have no money so this would be a share type of project. Any money we make we split 50-50!

Work Commitment:

I totally expect this to be a long term project. As for time, I'm fully open to both types, part and full, it's all negotiable.

Preferred Method of Contact:

We can start talking here, just DM me if you're interested. I'll set up a Discord a bit later.

Job Description:

Talented 3D Artist for exciting long term fantasy project!

LbM-93

Mar 10, 2018
A sample of your writing skill?
Hey, I'm sorry, I forgot to reply! I have a PDF with some things already fleshed out but of course it's very early times so Ill keep adding stuff to the document. I can send you by DM if you want and if you're interested we can talk more about my ideas and any doubts you have.

LbM-93

Mar 10, 2018
Hey, if anyone reads this, know that Lucius Vorenus disappeared when we were discussing the project.

So if anyone reads my project above and is interested in knowing more about it and talking more about it know that I'm still open!

PleasureOnly

Jun 22, 2023
I'll be honest LbM. Please see this as constructive feedback as that's how it's intended. I think you'll struggle to find anybody for 2 main reasons.

1. Good 3d artists aren't going to be willing to commit a tonne of their time and resources to a project when there is a high risk of the project completely dying before it's generated any money. 3d artists don't just dedicate their time, but it costs money to produce the renders. Where I'm from it costs around $0.20 per render in electricity. If your looking for 1000 renders for your first release at a guess you'd be asking the 3d artist to cough up $200 in electricity alone before you've started bringing anything in.
2. Having worked in all aspects of VN creation, only about 20% of the time max is spent writing / coding etc, with around 80% of the time being spent on renders and animations. For that reason, a 50-50 split is not going to be appealing to most.

If you want my advice, to get a project off the ground, you'd probably have to be so confident you'll be successful that you'd have to commit some funding yourself to pay a 3d artist. I know that's not easy, but it's the god's honest truth.

Sextus-400

Apr 21, 2023
I'll be honest LbM. Please see this as constructive feedback as that's how it's intended. I think you'll struggle to find anybody for 2 main reasons.

1. Good 3d artists aren't going to be willing to commit a tonne of their time and resources to a project when there is a high risk of the project completely dying before it's generated any money. 3d artists don't just dedicate their time, but it costs money to produce the renders. Where I'm from it costs around $0.20 per render in electricity. If your looking for 1000 renders for your first release at a guess you'd be asking the 3d artist to cough up $200 in electricity alone before you've started bringing anything in.
2. Having worked in all aspects of VN creation, only about 20% of the time max is spent writing / coding etc, with around 80% of the time being spent on renders and animations. For that reason, a 50-50 split is not going to be appealing to most.

If you want my advice, to get a project off the ground, you'd probably have to be so confident you'll be successful that you'd have to commit some funding yourself to pay a 3d artist. I know that's not easy, but it's the god's honest truth.
even paid it always end up like this.
image.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: LbM-93

kinrean

May 12, 2018
i will like to add on some point too.

3. artist have no idea what type and how many of model/render you want and need.
as 1 render may cost $0.20 but if the scene is very complex or the model is very high detail it may cost more as it need more render time.
4. artist have no reason to join at all, most of the time if a artist to join is to get something right at the start. to some maybe a exp, to other is for fun, and like the story. for now i only see exp and not a good one too.
5. the story is not done and worst it seem that you want to add/change thing. every one hate change or add thing once is done and it seem to me you will have the habit of changing thing as you like.

you give no reason to join and only bad reason why not to join, you can at last give a view of your writing skill but i don't think will be good.

Last edited:

Sextus-400

Apr 21, 2023
i will like to add on some point too.

3. artist have no idea what type of model/render you want and need.
as 1 render may cost $0.20 but if the scene is very complex or the model is very high detail it may cost more as it need more render time.
4. artist have no reason to join at all, most of the time if a artist to join is to get something right at the start. to some maybe a exp, to other is for fun, and like the story. for now i only see exp and not a good one too.
5. the story is not done and worst it seem that you want to add/change thing. every one hate change or add thing once is done and it seem to me you will have the habit of changing thing as you like.

you give no reason to join and only bad reason why not to join, you can at last give a view of your writing skill but i don't think will be good.
It is important to remember that even if the render was created for free and the artist was obtaining electricity unlawfully, they still have to invest a significant amount of time in creating poses, setting up lighting, dressing the characters, and developing the storyline (which may not even be in screenplay format, I assume). And only after all of that, they can finally hit the render button. Does the artist not exert any physical effort throughout this entire process? Indeed, they do, and they also need to eat. Food requires money, and what about their rent and other personal necessities? Who is expected to provide the funds for all of that? I bet you the honor of working with "Guy with great idea trust me bro!" won't be worth it.

Additional credit will be awarded if the narrative is created by an AI and the accompanying "concept art" is produced by an AI as well, with strict instructions to adhere to it even if it lacks visual coherence.

Reactions: LbM-93 and kinrean