• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

[R-Play tester] Unpaid Looking for a few play testers to give some specific feedback.

outsider artisan

Developer of Succubus Stories.
Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Project:
The game is called Succubus Stories. I am fine-tuning the game's progression ahead of launching a publicly available pre-release version of the game, most likely through Itch.io. There's no set time-table, but I imagine I'm still a month or two out from launch. I will almost certainly have a Patreon but I'm still finalizing the details on that. The game itself is a succubus "simulator." It's most similar to something like a corruption game except you are a succubus from the start so developing new fetishes and gaining sexual experience are how you "unlock" additional content rather than a more linear corruption meter. Features lots of cum-related stuff, exhibitionism, watersports, various (largely pretty vanilla) sex acts, and some mild degradation here or there. It's written in an unrealistic, over-the-top hentai-esque style, so if that isn't your thing you may not enjoy it. The test version will be on itch.io with a password.

Developer:
I'm outsider artisan, I've lurked a bit here, but I'm mostly new here, so hello! Can't post links yet because I just registered but I don't have anything completely together on that end. I do have a personal website you can view via my profile. I'm sorry if it's bad form to register and immediately jump in the recruitment section.

Looking for:
A handful of play testers, half a dozen maybe. If you have experience creating or testing games, great! If you don't that's okay, too. I've been staring at this thing too long to be able to accurately gauge things like the speed of progression for a new player.

Employment Type:
This is an unpaid gig, and I'm not offering a permanent or temporary position or anything like that at this time. I'm willing to provide something like a free key for access to the Patreon-only version of the game when it comes out, but that obviously only has value if you like the game in the first place (which I don't think is totally unlikely, but still).

Work commitment:
I need you to spend an hour or so with the game. There's more progression right now than content, so it probably will become less fun as you go.

Preferred method of contact:
PMs on this site are fine. I'm willing to email if you prefer, and you can comment here too if you want and I'll PM you a link. Please give me a day or so to get back to you.

Job Description:
Here's the testing page to give you some insight.

TL;DR You'll play the game for an hour or maybe two, grind out some in game progression, and give me some feedback. Specifically, I'm looking at balancing the progression of perks; I don't want players to be overwhelmed with too many new perks too quickly, since they often grant new actions and activities, but I also want the game to give out new things at an even keel that feels rewarding and fun. There are only a few hours worth of perks in the game, more will be added in future updates, so obviously there will be a massive drop in perk acquisition after a while in this version. You will also earn traits as you play, which are user-selected and provide bonuses to certain actions or activities rather than new actions, and I'll be looking for a bit of feedback on this too.

Additional feedback, criticism, and commentary is also welcome but may not be a priority for me. I still need to do another proofing and editing pass (or two), so you needn't report every typo or grammar error unless you'd like to.

Additional comments:
I appreciate your time in reading this! I hope y'all are staying safe out there.

EDIT: Thanks for those who did respond. I can't afford to keep sitting on this, so the testing period has ended.

Last edited:

Xiras

May 15, 2018
Hello,
I visited your site and looked thru the details and screenshots you provided there.
Your game looks fresh and different enough to intrigue me. Therefore: If you are interested I would spend some time looking into your game and give you my opinion.
I have somewhat experience in game development (studied game design for a while, also basic - mediocre programming skills), which you might find helpful when I write you feedback with my opinion/thoughts on your game and especially the progress/speed.

I am also an excessive gamer... duh. A bit of perfectionist lives in me aswell.
So if you still need some feedback on your game, I would love to hear from you.
In case you found enough people already or my application here wasnt convincing,
then I am looking forward to play your game when its released.

Best regards

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Hmm. I can't figure out how to send a private message. It may be because my account is so new. I need to come up with a new plan for how to send people the info privately. I'll report back.

Edit: I just needed more activity to before I could send PMs.

Last edited:

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
I'm still looking for some play testing if anyone is interested. I don't want to spend much more time on this, and I have only gotten one (admittedly detailed and insightful) response. I've updated the post with links to the game's website and the play-testing document I've composed.

Reactions: Xiras

mythridal

Jun 19, 2020
I test AAA games for a living if you want me to take a look and give you some direction and feed back message me on here or discord Myth#2174

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
I test AAA games for a living if you want me to take a look and give you some direction and feed back message me on here or discord Myth#2174
That's awesome and I appreciate the offer but I've decided to incorporate the small amount of advice I have received and move on with development for now. If it's okay with you, maybe I can reach out to you in a month or so when I'm closer to release.