[R>Programmer] Unpaid Looking for a program-mate who knows C#

yomamasass

Mar 18, 2018
Project:
- The project is called Anime School Life Fantasy "ASFL" as a placeholder, its an text based simulation game that is in anime highschool setting using purely the C# language and no other tool. If you want more detailed explanation on the project please check this and this threads.

Developer:
- Just me.

Looking for:
- A C# programmer, doesn't has to be too skilled, no visual knowledge is needed, i need a fellow that can help me to create an algorithm for creating an game-engine like environment

Employment Type:
- You will be unpaid just like me, i don't think on making profit out of the game, neither from sales or donations.

Preferred method of contact:
- Discord

Work commitment:
- Well even im not completely committed to what im doing, i don't have an schedule i started to creating some concepts like 25 days ago and since then all the programming i did was only for 15 hours or something like that. I am a chill fellow so you can be much chill as you like too. I often get real life problems so i make pauses that can long for weeks. However if we are two people we may make each other more motivated on working.

Job Description:
- So what we will be doing is a base for an game that will be heavily rely on random events almost like making an game engine from scratch that we can change anything about it any given moment. For that we need to design a path for our work and the algorithm.

Additional comments:
- Im not an expert on c# or not even decent at it in my opinion however im a fast learner when it comes to programming, im also good at doing legwork.
- If you contact me i can show you a project i made before so you can understand my skill range better (i don't like to share it publicly because it looks messy)(beware, you will see non-object oriented c# code).
- The work is in extremely early stage don't expect much, as for now there is only the plans and a basic ui that barely works.
- I have a tendency to drop things often i usually pick them back up though.
- Im not too much of a serious person, i can work with serious people too so you can be however you want around me.

Edit:
-
The project is at a temporary halt at the moment. Who could have know my "Low motivation low workflow!" mentality wasn't the best management technique?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: lnppo

akuta

Jan 4, 2020
Sounds like a cool idea. If you're not planning on making a profit then what's your end goal?

yomamasass

Mar 18, 2018
Well i just want a quality game, a little anime sandbox for everyone. I always waited for someone to make something like this since teenagehood. Finally decided that no one gonna do this (or at least not in a satisfying way (looking at you Illusion)) so i decided to do it myself :LOL: Plus it will improve my rusty programming skills further and if this succeeds to a degree i'll have more ideas on how to design games like this in the feature, maybe even 3d ones with some education. Plus to all this we can look at the future with program-mates, maybe creating a team that will make games even after this one.

On the money thing. Well i don't want to make empty promises and i certainly don't need more money than i have to live a simple life but if the project gets serious with some fellows who helps me (which will ensure that i will have more motivation) and some people insist that they want to donate, I'll consider. However i never trust myself and i hate letting people who are really invested in an idea down, so money is of the table for a good while.

Reactions: LeFapman

Kinderalpha

Pleb
Donor
Dec 2, 2019
Not a C# programmer, but I do have an understanding of programming and am currently working on an engine right now. If you wanna talk game design, design patterns, data structures, and system designs then hmu. kinderalpha#6818 on discord. If not, no biggy

yomamasass

Mar 18, 2018
I haven't done anything since my last post. However i didn't abandoned it either... Just you know kind of on the back of my head. It would be awesome if you help though, it would be a huge refreshment for the project. I'll hit you up on dm.

seraphonics

Aug 12, 2019
I'm actually a professional software engineer in C#. I'm not looking to do a project but feel free to ask me any questions that you might have about it or designs.

yomamasass

Mar 18, 2018
I'm actually a professional software engineer in C#. I'm not looking to do a project but feel free to ask me any questions that you might have about it or designs.
Thank you for your interest, design vise the game is extremely simple, you could almost call it a text based game however its good to know there are people who can help me if i have any problems with design :)

seraphonics

Aug 12, 2019
I don't mean game design. I mean code design, structure, or architecture.

That distills down to: how to make your code efficient and not hard to change.

yomamasass

Mar 18, 2018
Oooh, thats actually great since i never done object oriented before this project, i am doing some seriously questionable codework :LOL: I appreciate your help, right now the real pain stuff hasn't started yet however i'll come back with my questions when i hit that wall.

Nilesh Sharma

Sep 17, 2018
Hey, I am a unity developer and I am pretty good with C#, currently doing an internship as a game developer at a company. I have never used ren'py and I would prefer to work on unity, we can directly make games for android, ios or browser from unity. I have made several types of game, but I have never made any visual novel, so I really want to give it a try. I would really like to collab with someone to work with. My discord: Nileshdraws#2442 . Thanks!

yomamasass

Mar 18, 2018
Hey, I am a unity developer and I am pretty good with C#, currently doing an internship as a game developer at a company. I have never used ren'py and I would prefer to work on unity, we can directly make games for android, ios or browser from unity. I have made several types of game, but I have never made any visual novel, so I really want to give it a try. I would really like to collab with someone to work with. My discord: Nileshdraws#2442 . Thanks!
We are at quite an halt at the moment but for sure lets talk and see if we can do something :D