Seeking Looking for a traditional 2D JRPG

LoLxDiS

May 15, 2020
Hey! I'm in the mood for a good old 2D JRPG with a harem, adventures, quests, NPCs, and turn-based combat. If possible, I want something a bit on the longer side, but it's not a must.
While might not be fit exactly the above, below are some JRPGs that I've enjoyed and can be used as a reference to what I'm looking for:
The Dungeon of Lulu Farea -Kill, Screw, Marry! and its sequel
Black Souls and its sequel
Evenicle and its sequel
Dungeon Town

Anything helps, thank you so much in advance!

Last edited:

Goeffel

Sep 10, 2022
^ yes, TLS, very long, excellent harem, (and excellent orcs), but be aware it was built patreon-style, over years. So it is good/ very good for bits being played and replayed until good result, then moving on to next bit - but I am not sure if it plays well in one long go, unless you enjoy playing along a guide or so.
----

It is rare I immediately actually go and re/NG+-play, but currently am doing it with
From Frontier [Final] [Doubles Core]. good writing, ok-or-good gameplay
2 things:
- only half-harem. at the end you need to choose one of the girls, but before that guy has encounters with all of them.

- game has a somewhat interesting mechanism of balance, can easily be wrecked by having the guy leveling too much. See that girls are 5-10 levels ahead, and should be fine (may need reloading sometimes :-( , this problem is not so prevalent for NG+/ normal end seen)
----

Maybe Eiyuu*Senki: The World Conquest [Tenco] ?

looong, harem (most girls sex just once), wonderfully quirky silly characters. Personally, sex scenes were not for me (everyone a virgin), but gameplay was OK, writing good.
I recommend playing the original game in fan-translated. hard mode will force you to understand the battle mechanics well - they develop/ extend slowly over the looong game. Normal mode should be fine too, I assume.
Oh, this one is voice-acted, and excellently so for the most part (well, 80 or so girls ... )

Do not go for GOLD, that is a game that clearly addresses players who already finished the original game. Then it can be ok.