[R>Writer] Share Looking for a writer for an HTML game

bookaloe

Sep 23, 2022
Hi again! This is another thread of mine in this sub (I offer commissions here), this time I’m looking for someone to work on a game project together.
I’m looking for a writer to pair up with for a text-based HTML game. Must be comfortable with FxF, FxM, MxM, femboys/traps, futanari, possibly furry (doesn’t necessarily mean that all of these will be included in the project).

Project:
I have multiple ideas for an adult game, each that can be modified to create something we are both happy with. One of them is more focused on femdom, with a couple different routes, and the others are more sandbox-y with a wide range of choices. I’m also totally willing to work on a project of your own idea, as long as the plot and genre interest me. Nothing is started yet.
The game would be developed using Twine + SugarCube. It would be sandbox (like DoL) or at least non-linear (multiple branching routes), without or with little focus on combat. It would have either a pre-designed MC or have a character creator, or something in-between where you can choose certain variables like pronouns and genitals.
Art style would be leaning towards anime, either pixel or standard 2D. No 3D art.

Developer:
I’m a 2D artist, I make human and furry art, SFW and NSFW.
My discord: bookaloe
I’m also on Bluesky, Twitter and FurAffinity as @ utopia049 (furry art only)
For the project I can make CGs, character art, equipment icons, etc. I can do pixel art, but I don’t have a lot of experience with it. I also don’t animate. Maybe some very simple pixel/2D animations can be done.
I’m familiar with RPG Maker, Twine, and Ren’Py. As a solo developer, I’ve made game demos in RPG Maker and Ren’Py before, and I’ve used Twine to create decision trees for Ren’Py. I haven’t made any actual HTML games, but I can learn as I go.
For samples of my work you can check my other thread and my . I can also share more examples on discord.

Looking for:
I’m looking for a writer who would do all/most of the writing for the project. I can write an outline of the plot and make decision trees, but I don’t have the skills to narrate or write dialogues in the actual game. I also need someone to brainstorm ideas with me and decide on the direction of the story together.
I would prefer if the person had previously published their writings online on sites such as AO3, Literotica, Chyoa.

Employment Type:
I can only offer revenue share, starting once the game is released. I offer 50/50 split between the two of us. We would use Patreon and/or Subscribestar, Itch.io.

Work commitment:
One-off project with a possibility of working together again in the future. For now I just want to release one game. Fine with part time or full time, as long as you’re frequently online to discuss the project.

Preferred method of contact:
Contact me on discord @ bookaloe. Please include your portfolio (an AO3 account or similar site with your published writing would be best).

Job Description:
Ideally, I’m hoping to find someone who has experience writing erotica, has good availability (==is online often to discuss the project), has a similar vision to mine and is interested in doing a small passion project that doesn’t end up taking forever to be released.
The person must be comfortable with writing and discussing following genres: FxF, FxM, MxM, femboys, futanari, furry. This doesn’t necessarily mean that all of these would be included in our project, but some might be added later, or included in future projects, if this partnership works out well. Overall, they should be open-minded towards a wide range of kinks/genres.

Last edited:

Hampy!

Jan 23, 2024
I'm here. I've already worked with a couple of game developers from here (one called SIMP!, who's going to be a great hit, by the way) writing for them.

I'm a professional, althought, this is like my fourth post on this community lol.

Samsin854

Jan 4, 2024
Hi, so first of all I like the genres and I have some experience using Twine and sugarcube. I’ve been toying with the idea of releasing a game myself and have a couple of projects I’m working on but to be honest, I don’t know much about how to get them published. Would like to hear more about what you have in mind for your project if you’re interested in working with me.