[R>Programmer] [R>Writer] Looking for a writer/programmer for a YGO GX Trainer

Dove With Shortz

Aug 9, 2020
Banner.png

Project:
- A YuGiOh! GX parody corruption/trainer game

Developer:
- Hello there, I'm DoveWithShortz and I'm a 2D Artist (I'm still a beginner when it comes to digital art)
- My discord is Dove With Shortz#6629
- I don't have a Patreon yet.

Looking for:
- Looking for someone that can program/co-write the game, I've tried to program it... I failed miserably.
- I'm not looking for anything too complex, I think... I'll explain more about it here.

Employment Type:
- Revenue share, I think 50/50 should be fair enough
- I do have to say that I wish to work on other projects as well outside of this one, the reason for that is because I can do a scene in about 48 hours and that leaves me with a good window of oportunity to work on more than one project at a time. (If there's like 3 new scenes per update + character and background designs)

Work commitment:
- I would like to go the long run with this one, I see there's a big market for games like these (Princess Trainer, Four Elements Trainer, Something Unlimited, etc...) and I think that even if my art isn't as good as theirs it's good enough to attract a good amount of supporters.
- I'd say its a long term thing, I want someone to partner up with me on this project. (And maybe we can work on future projects as well)

Preferred method of contact:
- Discord, only Discord rly.

Job Description:
- Ok here we go, I want this to be a corruption/brothel management game. You slowly corrupt the girls of the academy till they become loyal to you. With their help you start to corrupt the Duel Academy and shape it to your liking.
- I want to be able to use the PDA as a cellphone for texting events, social media and stuff like that
- Map movement I think should be a big map with distinct sections
- The rest is basic VN stuff, scenes, emotion changes, layered scenes and etc...
- Also important to say this, while a card game would be interesting and all I think it's the kind of thing that is just gonna be bad for us because it could become 1. problematic because it could trigger Konami eventually if we did a YGO TCG in any way shape or form 2. Boring for the players that don't want to have to play a TCG to progress. SO NO CARD GAME, just a skipable mini game based on YGO.

Some of the stuff that I've made so far:
- I did a few scenes already for a first build as well as Alexis's and MC's sprites.
- Backgrounds I will be making them as time passes (It's boring as fuck to do BGs) until them I believe it would be possible to use free assets.

Boobplay001A.png Forced_HJ001A.png Forced_Paizuri001A.png Preview_AlphaCharacters.png

RexDaGod

Jun 8, 2017
Sounds interesting, always did like the girl in GX since original YuGiOh didn't really have anyone beside Tea. I would love to hear more about what you have planned since I really enjoy the corruption/training type of games/vn.

I don't have any experience in Ren'Py but I'm a programmer, went through uni and all. I been interested in working with Ren'Py to make VN but well I can't do art to save my life so never did anything with it. I would like to hear more from you if you're ok with working with me, feel free to DM me here.