[R>Artist 2D] Share Unpaid looking for artist for VN

Jan 16, 2021
Project:
- I am starting a basic VN since I am a nobody I wanted to start with something simple and short but well known. That way maybe people will try it out. The goal is to use this game as a jumping off point to help me and the artist jump to bigger and better things. I am willing to work on stuff like Adventure time, wizard of oz, willy wonkas chocolate factory, anything that would be popular but not done to death.

Developer:
- Anobody#9589

Looking for:
- An artist who wants to get their feet wet with a game and get experience, I would love it if you have knowledge of the material but not necessary. Perseverance is key I need someone who won't give up on me. English is the only language I speak. I could also use a proof reader/co-writer but that is only if I get an artist.

Employment Type:
- Unpaid until the game progresses, I don't have the kind of money where I can pay you however in return, once we set up a patreon or what ever 80 percent of the profit will go to you until you feel I paid you back then we can discuss it further. Once we have a title screen and at least 2 scenes ready we can start promoting the game and then you can get paid.

Work commitment:
- Pretty relaxed, as long as we have some progress by the end of the year I am happy. You won't be paid at first so I don't want you devoting a lot of time to this, we can discuss it further in discord. Work on it at your own pace.

Preferred method of contact:
- Discord
Anobody#9589

Job Description:
- You will be doing 10 sex scenes and 10 backgrounds for the story plus character sprites for dialogue, must be able to handle nsfw content obviously, but also need to be able to draw silly backgrounds filled with candy bright vibrant colors but not eye bleeding bright. If the game is successful I might ask for an extra scene or two the cap the game off better.

Additional comments:
- I don't expect many takers as this is unpaid but if you think you have good art and want to get your feet wet I would love to work with you. This will be a passion product until we make money so I am looking for someone who can stick it out a bit till we succeed. For anyone who read all this thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tunkychunky69
Oct 3, 2018
I was about to look for someone who can make VN's
Because i wanted to make a simpsons vn game, with the art style and proportions similar to the tv series.
But if you have other suggestions i would be happy to talk about them with you.
message me :)

Jan 16, 2021
So the artist I was working with hasn't responded in 2 months now and I think I was ghosted. so trying again to find someone also how do I close the thread once I found someone?

Andrevotto

Nov 4, 2022
So the artist I was working with hasn't responded in 2 months now and I think I was ghosted. so trying again to find someone also how do I close the thread once I found someone?
It's a great project, but we have to pay bills too, so sadly I can't work for free :c

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
So the artist I was working with hasn't responded in 2 months now
Welcome to the club (y)
and I think I was ghosted.
Usually, you conclude that the collaborator is ghosting you after one week of silence.
One month of excuses ("My cat has COVID and I need to bring breakfast to my grandma in the forest every day") or two months of receiving only "character studies" that are clearly recycled from the artist's other commissions (like when you're doing an Xmen game and he keeps showing you his lesbian Disney princesses) should be your maximum tolerance limits for people you personally like as if they were your own brother.
also how do I close the thread once I found someone?
When I needed to, I just wrote [SOLVED] in front of the thread title and the next time I looked the thread was in the "completed" subsection. I guess reporting your own thread could work too.

Good luck with your game!
(But you probably should consider starting to make the art yourself with Stable Diffusion or Illusion's Koikatsu)

Reactions: billyeveryteen
Jan 16, 2021
Welcome to the club (y)

Usually, you conclude that the collaborator is ghosting you after one week of silence.
One month of excuses ("My cat has COVID and I need to bring breakfast to my grandma in the forest every day") or two months of receiving only "character studies" that are clearly recycled from the artist's other commissions (like when you're doing an Xmen game and he keeps showing you his lesbian Disney princesses) should be your maximum tolerance limits for people you personally like as if they were your own brother.

When I needed to, I just wrote [SOLVED] in front of the thread title and the next time I looked the thread was in the "completed" subsection. I guess reporting your own thread could work too.

Good luck with your game!
(But you probably should consider starting to make the art yourself with Stable Diffusion or Illusion's Koikatsu)
Well since the start of the project would have both be doing it for free I didn't want to bother them to much, thinking they might have paid work which when we started talking I told them if you have commissions thats fine, but oh well. Also thanks for telling me how to close it, as for using AI, I would I messed around with it but I can't get consistent images so the scenes would need to be one and dones, 3D art may be the answer even if I don't like it, but then again I stink at modeling. Thank you though you helped alot!

Reactions: The Rogue Trader

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
Yeah, I can definitely relate to your tale!

You're right that consistency with AI is a serious problem. there are ways around it, but they require a lot of work and of skill, that's why I mentioned Koikatsu which can be modded and postworked to have a quite 2D-ish look and is a popular choice.
There are cartoon shaders for Daz, too (but tweaking the results can be time-consuming), and if you learn to use the Line Drawer addon it can be lots of fun.
ThroneRoom_Battle.jpg

Reactions: heneromedia