Seeking Looking for decent games while enjoying my 'paid vacation'

Godus33

Dec 29, 2018
Hello,

Thanks to the Coronavirus quarantine, I'm finding myself quite... bored.
To remedy to that, I decided to download a bunch of games and play 'em.
yes, very logical, much better than committing suicide to end my crippling depression

I've downloaded a few games that looked interesting from the 'Latest Updates' tab.
Sadly, most of them were either too bland, lacking content or simply bad
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So yeah, looking for a bunch of games, don't have to be some 3D bitches, I want decent games.
They can have a nice story, nice characters, no sexual content ; it doesn't matter as long as it can entertain you (just like a book) with a logical and good story.

I don't really know how to associate my liking with any category, but I'm mostly thinking of games made by japanese company, yes, visual novels, but with no 3D characters etc.

Thank you,
Godus33.

LGM

Nov 22, 2018
If you have lots of time and want something really good, try the Muv-Luv Trilogy:

Muv-Luv is basically the first two games in one.
The first of them, "Muv-Luv Extra", is your typical Japanese school-setting VN, where you're getting close to a few girls, through multilple choices pick one of them, and start a relationship with her. All while giving you a good laugh every now and then. After getting the endings of the two main girls, the second game is unlocked.
Now I can't quite tell if that's the kind of game you're looking for. But even if not, it might well be worth playing, because the second game,"Muv-Luv Unlimited", builds on the first one and gives you one of the most epic things I've personally ever read. I don't wanna spoil anything, though, so I'll shut up about it now.

The whole thing then ends with Muv-Luv Alternative, which brings the whole story to a satisfying conclusion. But again, I don't wanna spoil anything.

Take the whole trilogy together, and you'll probably be busy for about 100 hours, maybe longer. (Though I make no guarantee for this if you're a really fast reader.)

Anyway, that's my personal favorite Japanese VN. If you need more, try this . Lots of those can also be found here on F95Zone, usually under their English titles. Another from this list that's fun and light-hearted (mostly) would be Katawa Shoujo. It's not technically a Japanese game, but mostly acts like one, and I think it might be a good palette-cleanser after playing something heavier, like Muv-Luv.

Right... This should be able to keep you busy for a few weeks... or months. Have fun and stay healthy.

Godus33

Dec 29, 2018
If you have lots of time and want something really good, try the Muv-Luv Trilogy:

Muv-Luv is basically the first two games in one.
The first of them, "Muv-Luv Extra", is your typical Japanese school-setting VN, where you're getting close to a few girls, through multilple choices pick one of them, and start a relationship with her. All while giving you a good laugh every now and then. After getting the endings of the two main girls, the second game is unlocked.
Now I can't quite tell if that's the kind of game you're looking for. But even if not, it might well be worth playing, because the second game,"Muv-Luv Unlimited", builds on the first one and gives you one of the most epic things I've personally ever read. I don't wanna spoil anything, though, so I'll shut up about it now.

The whole thing then ends with Muv-Luv Alternative, which brings the whole story to a satisfying conclusion. But again, I don't wanna spoil anything.

Take the whole trilogy together, and you'll probably be busy for about 100 hours, maybe longer. (Though I make no guarantee for this if you're a really fast reader.)

Anyway, that's my personal favorite Japanese VN. If you need more, try this . Lots of those can also be found here on F95Zone, usually under their English titles. Another from this list that's fun and light-hearted (mostly) would be Katawa Shoujo. It's not technically a Japanese game, but mostly acts like one, and I think it might be a good palette-cleanser after playing something heavier, like Muv-Luv.

Right... This should be able to keep you busy for a few weeks... or months. Have fun and stay healthy.

Thank you for your kind suggestion, I will look into those games.
Yes, I remember VNDB and I remember using it as my main way of getting games to pass time.
Good times, still waiting for Bunny Black 3's translation, full translation.

I'll definetly start the Muv Luv trilogy and see what it got in store for me.
Stay safe & healthy friend !